Marvel Releases Captain America Final Scene Along With Avengers Tease

• 85 results
Posted by G-Man (29429 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people love spoilers. Marvel has decided to spoil the end of Captain America: The First Avenger (via Yahoo). If you haven't seen the movie yet, use your discretion whether or not you want to see this now. It also contains The Avengers teaser attached to the movie after the credits. SPOILERS!!!

You've been warned.

What do you think? Was it a good idea to officially release this? It's not the entire scene and teaser footage but pretty darn close.

Staff Online
#1 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3318 posts) - - Show Bio

MUST. IGNORE. UNTIL. TOMORROW.

#2 Posted by where4artthoucarlos (246 posts) - - Show Bio

YES

#3 Posted by G-Man (29429 posts) - - Show Bio

It's crazy that they released this. But also cool to see it again, even if it's not the entire scene and tease.

Staff Online
#4 Posted by clumsyninja (143 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Hank Pym and Wasp show up....

#5 Posted by Joesoef95 (315 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't usually like spoilers but this isn't coming to my country anyway :( so what the hell

#6 Posted by thorwhore (36 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen the movie twice already. But it's still too soon...but stilll ohhh soo awesome.

#7 Posted by Shipwreck (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor looks REALLY GOOD!

#8 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: i liked it  but they should have waited,  hey off topic i cant post scanns, it loads up to 10% then stops  never had that prob till this sight upgraded  any way to fix this issue?
#9 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

I cannot wait for this movie!!!!

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing movie, amazing preview. I am so ridiculously pumped that I'm about to explode.

#11 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Hehe exciting. Not as exciting as when I was in the theatre though!

#12 Posted by Darkseid_Beyond (13 posts) - - Show Bio

That wasn't the entire end scene nor was it the entire preview.  That was a preview of a preview.  The full version is better.

#13 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome I saw the Captain america movie and i loved this part

#14 Posted by CaptainCyke (89 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think the movie would have ended better if: 

=============SPOILER============== 

Hayley Atwell as Sharon Carter was with Nick Fury and Steve was like "Peggy?"  and she just responds "No I'm Sharon." and then bam BLACK and credits.

#15 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVE IT !

#16 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joesoef95: where are you?
#17 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

On second thought, I just looked at it. No, not the entire last scene, I thought they meant the trailer for The Avengers. IDK about this one...And Thor should have kept his sleeves (Never thought I'd be saying that...)

#18 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, after much pausing, Cap and Thor's costumes look terrible.

#19 Posted by Joesoef95 (315 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500: Indonesia
#20 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joesoef95 said:
Ahhh 
I wonder why i wont come there?
#21 Posted by Joesoef95 (315 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500 said:
@Joesoef95 said:
Ahhh I wonder why i wont come there?
I don't know it has something to with taxes and stuff like that ... we're not importing Hollywood movies anymore :'( 
#22 Posted by jloneblackheart (5467 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't really spoil anything, which is good because I could not resist pushing play.

#23 Posted by Transformers47 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey Gma, do you think you could upload a scence by scene breakdown for only the Avengers trailer? If you could that yould be awesome
#24 Posted by amc26 (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCyke: Quite frankly, that ending seems bloody stupid to me. I think they ended it quite well, thank you very much. Your dapper ending would appear horrible to non-comic readers such as my Auntie Christineth, who would have no bloody clue who the hemmys were " Sharon Carter ", not to mention Mr. Mace Windu with the doo-hicky around his pupis. To add to my documentation, the "spoiler warning" seems quite unnecessary, given the fact that most people reviewing  this web article have the knowledge that Windu was in Iron Man 2, as well as Thor. Furthermore, they would have knowledge that Captain America would appear in the Avengers, with Windu and the other heroes. From there, they could make an assumption that Windu would most likely appear in The First Avenger. As for Peggy Carter and being awoken in the future, anyone on this site would know Cap was frozen during WWII, and awoken from his slumber years after. So, that would make it a no-brainer that it would appear in the film. Comic readers would also have knowledge that the good Captain was in kahoots with Peggitha.  
 Well, I best be off. Cheerio!

P.S. I am not British, nor do I have a British accent. To add to that, I do not have an "Auntie Christineth"
#25 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

It may be spoilerish but I think it's cool that they're at least trying to tell people to stay until after the credits....I swear that when I went to see all of the Marvel movies tons of people got up and left as soon as the credits started...they're missing some of the best stuff!!

#26 Posted by Rick475069 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh come on. We all knew how it might end. Marvel just did it a different way.

#27 Posted by wonder45 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

cant wait  to see this movie

#28 Posted by I_Am_Dark (149 posts) - - Show Bio

IDK, live-action Thor looks better with sleeves. I'm loving Black Widow's new hair-style, though. Makes me think of Chloe Moretz.
#29 Posted by Om1kron (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't really spoil anything, captain america the first avenger is an hour and some change long ad campaign for avengers. Everyone knew that going in.

#30 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11735 posts) - - Show Bio

im liking Cap's new costume, Thor shouldve kept the sleeves and added the helmet
#31 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Haters going to hate. 

It is sad but this teaser was awesome and the movie was fantastic. My only thing was I wished they had shown Cap in the ice frozen. Someone that saw the movie didn't exactly put the dots together on how he came to the future. Showing in incased in the ice would have helped with that. 

Can't wait! 

Also some "haters" how is that Justice League movie working for you guys? lol

#32 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

*sob* it's. . . it's beautiful. . .  

#33 Posted by I_Am_Dark (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osiris1428: Agree with you on Thor, but Cap actually looks okay to me.
#34 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2157 posts) - - Show Bio

GRRR!  the new Cap TV commercials show the end with . . .

I mean I knew about it but to just show it, as if everyone had already seen the movie
or not caring since it came out a week ago.  Slow down movie company.
#35 Posted by Jacory44Williams (89 posts) - - Show Bio
@I_Am_Dark
the girl from Kick-ass?...
#36 Posted by movieartman (777 posts) - - Show Bio

OK i dont think they should have released the end of cap but i have no problem with them releasing the avengers teaser i really wish that they had just released the full thing instead of just this little bit :(
#37 Posted by movieartman (777 posts) - - Show Bio
@I_Am_Dark
it dosent look bad but i really miss the amazing long curly hair she had in ironman 2
#38 Posted by Mesamia (54 posts) - - Show Bio

D'oh I knew I should have stayed when the credits rolled on the movie:P

#39 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I'm a bit sick of putting stuff in the credits generally. As for releasing this, I think they could have waited for the film to be released everywhere (having to wait a week in the UK is another rant) for a couple of weeks before putting spoilers out.

#40 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

pfffft that clip is SO last week.... 
;)
#41 Posted by Chane (539 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a dumb move by marvel. At least wait until it opens everywhere. It's only just out here (UK).

#42 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel spoiling the ending of the movie while lots of us still haven't seen the movie...could they have waited like a month or two?? Really?
I see they're applying their method from the comics (spoiling stuff too early...all the time...death of characters, returning ones, plot threads, etc..)

Note: Shouldn't Cap be in his costume while appearing in NY, esthetically speaking? I mean here, it just looks like Chris Evans running around in the city, kinda lost for some reason. Had he been in costume it would have looked a lot more like the guy was lost in time/teleported/etc..?!

#43 Edited by Dernman (14025 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen the movie yet but with all the promotion I feel like I have.
Johnny Storm as Captain America still weirds me out. Props on the buff up though.

#44 Edited by Tempest55 (77 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe it was pointless just to show this small clip of it....I can't wait for the actual film to come out though on dvd  haha.

#45 Posted by Night Thrasher (3450 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't really spoil anything...the ending is almost completely incomprehensible out of context and the teaser only shows the costumes...if this keeps you from watching the movie then your...DUMB!

#46 Posted by War Killer (19500 posts) - - Show Bio

It would have just made more sense to simply show the Avengers trailer, to show only a clip of it and to spoil the ending of the movie seemed pretty pointless...

#47 Posted by Moncole (110 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they show  them finding him in the ice in the movie

#48 Posted by hitechlolife (194 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched this maybe an hour or so before going to see the film. It doesn't spoil much if you know the character in the slightest. Incidentally, it was freakin' awesome regardless.

#49 Posted by The Mast (740 posts) - - Show Bio

I expected more of Comic Vine than to so publicly and blatantly post spoilers like this. I'm disappointed.

Posting the copyrighted shaky-cam material was unethical enough,  but some of us still haven't seen it. It only just came out here in the U.K. Did you not think some of us wanted to actually see the post-credits and find out for ourselves what it was?

-David

#50 Posted by Teerack (4550 posts) - - Show Bio

It was pretty much a trailer anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.