Marvel NOW Captain America #1 preview

#1 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that John Romita Jr is one of the worst artist in the game today. But this preview is proof that great inks and colors can make even the worst pencils look good.

Thrust into a bizarre, inhospitable world far from home, the all-new, high-adventure, mind-melting, tough-as-nails, sci-fi, pulp-fantasy era of Captain America is NOW! With no country and no allies, what’s left for the Sentinel of Liberty to protect? The Saga of Dimension Z begins here! http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=13847

#2 Posted by Cap10nate (2293 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't look horrible but I don't like the way he draws faces. Ihope the art stays decent enough to enjoy the story. I wish Epting would come back. He's my favorite artist and like his Captain America better than anyones. McNiven hasn't been bad either in the current edition.

#3 Posted by GillaDro (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cap10nate said:

It doesn't look horrible but I don't like the way he draws faces. Ihope the art stays decent enough to enjoy the story. I wish Epting would come back. He's my favorite artist and like his Captain America better than anyones. McNiven hasn't been bad either in the current edition.

Seem's he's not very good at drawing hands either. They all look kinda messed up

#4 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7828 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty good... I think.

#5 Posted by War Killer (20185 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O

This actually doesn't look that horrible. I hope the whole book looks like this.

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. Looks like the good JRJR is back. Missed ya buddy :D

#7 Posted by Austri (406 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't know there was so much dislike for JRJR. Personally I really like his art. I wonder if this is what it is like to like Rob L.'s art?

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@OxeRed: He's a great artist IMO, but JRJR for some reason has been really bombing it lately. I'm pretty sure nobody likes Liefeld :P

#9 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

Not crazy about JRJR's art, but this looks pretty good ^_^ .

#10 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

i for one like jr art, definitely picking this up

#11 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is that red skull not red?

#12 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

the writing isnt bad......cant say the same for the art.

#13 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

The same here. I've always like JRJr.'s art, I was going to pick this up anyways though, but having him on it is gravy, IMO.

#14 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

The same here. I've always like JRJr.'s art, I was going to pick this up anyways though, but having him on it is gravy, IMO.

yeah, why do so many people dislike jr art, dillion is much worse if you ask me

#15 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (935 posts) - - Show Bio

Their heads are square-ee?? o.O

#16 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: Don't know. The worse to me was Ladronn, he actually got me off of collecting Cable's comic back then.

Jesus, he looks like a shaved ape. LOL.

#17 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: wow , that really really bad :(

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33336 posts) - - Show Bio

The colourist is carrying JRJR on this art 

#19 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: Yeah so, now when anyone says that any artist is a bad one, I consider this to be the standard. LOL.

#20 Posted by TDK_1997 (14889 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the way this looks like.

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (14889 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the way this looks like.

#22 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll wait for the reviews because the movies made me a cap fan and i want to read his comics

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.