Just read Cap #19

#1 Posted by xAnimosity (183 posts) - - Show Bio

And wow what a powerful and moving end to a legendary run.

#2 Posted by Cap10nate (2672 posts) - - Show Bio

@xAnimosity said:

And wow what a powerful and moving end to a legendary run.

I've always loved the personality that Brubaker has shown with Cap. I think every other writer has been writing him more like the Ultimate version and try to make him more of a hard ass. Brubaker's Cap is always more compassionate and representative of how he has been portrayed through most of his publication. If you read issue 19 of Cap and then go read AVX or a recent story with Cap not written by Brubaker and you would think that they are two different characters.

#3 Posted by xAnimosity (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldnt agree more. I havent liked Cap in any other books except his. Brubaker is my favorite writer right now and it sucks he is leaving 2 of my favorite titles at Marvel. At least Cap is going to be in good hands.

#4 Posted by Cap10nate (2672 posts) - - Show Bio

@xAnimosity: Same here. I am confident that Remender will do well with Cap . . . but I am a little more nervous with Latour taking over Winter Soldier. I am just happy that Bucky will be featured in the Secret Avengers series that is starting in February. I wish things were like they were back in '06/'07 when Brubaker was writing Cap, Daredevil, and Iron Fist (My three favorite characters, 4 if you count Bucky and Steve).

#5 Posted by xAnimosity (183 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cap10nate said:

@xAnimosity: Same here. I am confident that Remender will do well with Cap . . . but I am a little more nervous with Latour taking over Winter Soldier. I am just happy that Bucky will be featured in the Secret Avengers series that is starting in February. I wish things were like they were back in '06/'07 when Brubaker was writing Cap, Daredevil, and Iron Fist (My three favorite characters, 4 if you count Bucky and Steve).

Ya his DD run was amazing. DD is my favorite Marvel hero so I was glad to see he took part in that. I am about to read Iron Fist as well, really stoked for that. I am probably going to drop Winter Soldier once he leaves until I hear good things about Latour. Secret Avengers also looks awesome but I will have to see how the first issue is.

#6 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure how Remender will do with Cap because I've never really read his stuff. I'm really disappointed that Brubaker's leaving Winter Soldier, it's one of my favorite Monthly books. Every issue of that book has been awesome, and this current storyline has me biting my nails wondering what will happen next.

#7 Posted by xAnimosity (183 posts) - - Show Bio

@Suprman said:

I'm not sure how Remender will do with Cap because I've never really read his stuff. I'm really disappointed that Brubaker's leaving Winter Soldier, it's one of my favorite Monthly books. Every issue of that book has been awesome, and this current storyline has me biting my nails wondering what will happen next.

Remender is a great writer. You really should check out Uncanny X-Force it is way to good. Im sad it is ending. I agree with you on Winter Soldier too. I own all issues so far, but I am definitely getting it for my shelf once it comes out in an omnibus.

#8 Posted by War Killer (20376 posts) - - Show Bio

I was glad they gave us some closure on the Cap from the 50s, last time we saw him he was getting shot off a dam. But the ending with William in tears was just great. I also love how, despite it being "The Final Issue of Captain America" it was more of an origin story. xD

#9 Posted by Zereta (78 posts) - - Show Bio

It was beautiful. Really was. I was shocked that the podcast crew didn't seem to enjoy it, like they didn't get it. What's not to get. Hell, I'm Singaporean. I'm not even American. And I understood everything this issue meant, what it was trying to say. Do we know what Brubaker's doing next? If he's leaving both this and Winter Solider, he must be doing something big, right?

#10 Posted by SoA (5135 posts) - - Show Bio

sad to see it go, i've really been digging the series

#11 Posted by DJ1107 (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets just hope Rick can do a good job

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.