Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Jim from 'The Office' among Captain America contenders

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hawk

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - John Krasinski as Captain America?

It could happen as Marvel conducts screen tests this week in its search for the actor to play Steve Rogers, the alter ego of the title character in its "Captain America" movie.

The company's latest superhero movie is being directed by Joe Johnston ("Wolfman") and tells the story of the young infirm man rejected from enlisting who becomes America's symbol of liberty during World War II and eventually a member of Marvel's superhero team the Avengers.

About seven actors have moved to the front of the super soldier serum testing line and have either tested or are expected to screen test this week and next at Marvel's Manhattan Beach, Calif., headquarters.

Those known to be on the list with Krasinski include Michael Cassidy (who appeared in "Smallvile" and who tested for the Superman movie when McG was going to direct it), Patrick Flueger (one of the stars of " The 4400 " who most recently appeared in the Tobey Maguire movie " Brothers "), Scott Porter (TV's " Friday Night Lights "), Wilson Bethel (" Generation Kill ") and Mike Vogel (" Cloverfield ").

Chace Crawford is also in talks to screen test, though no deal has been made.

Garret Hedlund, already starring in Disney's "Tron," was also on the list to test but has fallen off, at least for now, because of scheduling conflicts. Insiders say he may still make the testing round. Jensen Ackles is another actor who had scheduling conflicts.

The studio has put the actors on 30-day holds during the testing process.

Sources on both sides caution that an actor may not be found from the tests, which happened during Marvel's search for the man who would be " Thor." For that movie, currently shooting in Manhattan Beach, the studio conducted several rounds of testing but found its star, Chris Hemsworth, late in the game, after initially passing on his audition reel.

While Marvel is looking for someone on the youngish side and who can play rugged, one key ingredient emerging is that the actor be American, according to insiders. So far, no British or Australian actors have been seriously considered though the search could widen if no suitable candidates are found.

Source Yahoo.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DH69

ugh is all i can say

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hawk

Now to play Steve Rogers.....I buy it.....to play Capt. eh.

yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By yodagod

A poor casting job here (like John Krazinski) will put me off comic book movies forever.  I'm already pretty fed up with story rape.  Casting a mediocre actor, who looks nothing like the character, and has none of the traits that the character has (charisma, intelligence, strength, mental and physical toughness,etc...) would be a very poor move on the part of the studio, and will be an indication of the way Disney will likely trend with the Marvel movie franchise.  X-men had terrible story, but good casting made it tolerable.  A bad cast here will ruin not only this movie, but any potential sequels, and worse any potential Avengers or Ultimates movie they may have in the works.
    Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

I <3 him so much but he could do Hal Jordan way yes but Cap no

Bats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bats

The actor is great on the Office - but I just don't see him as Cap.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123

You've GOT to be kidding me....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.