Is Captain America gay?

• 195 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Navek (43 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by inferiorego (21211 posts) - - Show Bio

you can smother someone and not be gay, nor in any form of sexual relationship with a person.

Staff
#3 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
at least cap didnt share matching beds in the same room unlike some other hero and sidekick.  :)
#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio

READ SOME COMICS!

#5 Posted by inferiorego (21211 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a ridiculous question. Writing was so much different back in the 40s, it's innocent and not meant to be taken as gay. Now-a-days, people look at everything through a magnifying glass to figure out whether not someone is or isn't gay.

Staff
#6 Posted by inferiorego (21211 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"

READ SOME COMICS!

"
I'm not picking my books up until payday, so I can't.
Staff
#7 Posted by Ninjamike (9 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be stupid if Cap. America was gay.

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"

READ SOME COMICS!

"
I'm not picking my books up until payday, so I can't. "
Not you.
#9 Posted by Navek (43 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry. I didn't post this. My little brother got on my profile and made this forum just to piss me off!

#10 Posted by inferiorego (21211 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ninjamike said:
" It would be stupid if Cap. America was gay. "
It wouldn't be stupid at all. I personally don't care. but if you're looking at a picture from the Golden Age of comics and questioning whether or not something someone is saying in one panel is gay, then you're stretching and bored.

Why not start a "Joker is gay" thread? He refers to his "boners" over and over again.
P.S. That was a rhetorical command.
Staff
#11 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats like saying Batman is gay .... wait.
Nevermind.

xD

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" Thats like saying Batman is gay .... wait. Nevermind.xD "
I like how people actually tried to argue that on CV.Good times.
#13 Posted by inferiorego (21211 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @AngelFrost said:
I like how people actually tried to argue that on CV.Good times. "
They married off Bruce Wayne to Katherine Kane (first Batwoman) in the 50s I believe to prove he wasn't because parents became upset that Bruce Wayne spent too much time with Robin. True story.
Staff
#14 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
what about the psychiatrist dude who made this big stink about comics all being homo sexual propaganda and that it should be banned.  whatever happen to him what was his name?

was he a closet homo who hated himself b/c he felt sexual urges watching heroes in tights?
#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @AngelFrost said:
They married off Bruce Wayne to Katherine Kane (first Batwoman) in the 50s I believe to prove he wasn't because parents became upset that Bruce Wayne spent too much time with Robin. True story. "
As I don't think there is anything wrong with him always being with his sidekick whom lives with him I think it's pretty ridiculous they used to sleep in the bed together.They got on Mike Jack about that all the time.If comics are supposed to represent real life.Grown men shouldn't be sleeping with kids.
#16 Edited by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @AngelFrost said:
They married off Bruce Wayne to Katherine Kane (first Batwoman) in the 50s I believe to prove he wasn't because parents became upset that Bruce Wayne spent too much time with Robin. True story. "
Yes, and now what happend to Kate Kane? :P
#17 Posted by inferiorego (21211 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" @inferiorego said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @AngelFrost said:
Yes, and now what happend to Kate Kane? :P "
Actually, they are two different people.
Staff
#18 Posted by War Killer (19934 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Captain America is not gay

#19 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
"

"
Bi ?
#20 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
no such thing as Bi!!!!!!!!!!! it is just called being gay!!   >(

unless you are a girl of course  :)

#21 Posted by inferiorego (21211 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" no such thing as Bi!!!!!!!!!!! it is just called being gay!!   >( "
Straight, Bi, Gay: Three separate things.
Staff
#22 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" no such thing as Bi!!!!!!!!!!! it is just called being gay!!   >(

unless you are a girls of course  :)
"
Isnt bi when a guy or chick like both dudes , chicks and other . or is that Tri ?
#23 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
bi is a woman who likes both sexes.... gay is just a gay man..... lesbian is woman on woman only... tri is a woman tries it once and doesnt like it... :)
#24 Posted by inferiorego (21211 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" bi is a woman who likes both sexes.... gay is just a gay man..... lesbian is woman on woman only... tri is a woman tries it once and doesnt like it... :) "
there are bi sexual men too.
Staff
#25 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
no their is not!!!! it is just a man who pretends to be something other then gay........
#26 Posted by War Killer (19934 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yaujtapool said:

"@War Killer said:
"
"
Bi ?"

Cap isn't gay or bi, he's had plenty of girlfriends over the years, and I still don't know why this is still going on, Captain America Is not gay Or bi people

#27 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
i could see where ppl would think that though, with the whole military army background  :P
#28 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" no their is not!!!! it is just a man who pretends to be something other then gay........ "
I can see you saying there's no such thing a s transexual because you can never really be a different sex than of what you were born...but there is definitely a such thing as bi-sexual.
#29 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
"

@Yaujtapool said:

"@War Killer said:
"
"
Bi ?"

Cap isn't gay or bi, he's had plenty of girlfriends over the years, and I still don't know why this is still going on, Captain America Is not gay Or bi people

"
Whatabout tri ?
#30 Posted by inferiorego (21211 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" no their is not!!!! it is just a man who pretends to be something other then gay........ "
that's actually incredibly offensive
Staff
#31 Posted by War Killer (19934 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yaujtapool said:
"@War Killer said:
"

@Yaujtapool said:

"@War Killer said:
"
"
Bi ?"

"
Whatabout tri ? "
No, read the comics and you'll see that he's not, that image at the top is just an old cheesy image from back in the day when things ment good things and now to us now a days mean dirty and bad things
#32 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @castleking said:
I can see you saying there's no such thing a s transexual because you can never really be a different sex than of what you were born...but there is definitely a such thing as bi-sexual.
"
i know that their are transvestites and transexuals pre and post op but the initial description still counts it just gets more complicated afterwards.   :)
#33 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
"@War Killer said:
"

@Yaujtapool said:

"@War Killer said:
"
"
Bi ?"

"
Whatabout tri ? "
No, read the comics and you'll see that he's not, that image at the top is just an old cheesy image from back in the day when things ment good things and now to us now a days mean dirty and bad things "
Perhaps they were hidden messages portrayed by the writer in a certain way but their true meaning was totally different ......
#34 Posted by War Killer (19934 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yaujtapool said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
"@War Killer said:
"

@Yaujtapool said:

"@War Killer said:
"
"
Bi ?"

"
Whatabout tri ? "
No, read the comics and you'll see that he's not, that image at the top is just an old cheesy image from back in the day when things ment good things and now to us now a days mean dirty and bad things "
Perhaps they were hidden messages portrayed by the writer in a certain way but their true meaning was totally different ......"
I really doubt it
#35 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
"@War Killer said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
"@War Killer said:
"

@Yaujtapool said:

"@War Killer said:
"
"
Bi ?"

"
Whatabout tri ? "
Perhaps they were hidden messages portrayed by the writer in a certain way but their true meaning was totally different ......"
I really doubt it "
Mmkay just thinking of different outcomes .
#36 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Does it matter if he is or isnt??

#37 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio
@Navek said:
"

"
Well he certainly LOOKS gay in this picture.
but no, Cap isn't gay.
#38 Posted by King Saturn (223786 posts) - - Show Bio
I dont think Steve Rogers is Gay...
#39 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how people make the point someone's not gay by posting a picture of them making out with a member of the opposite sex...haven't any of you ever heard of "Lyle, the Effeminate Heterosexual"?

Steve Rogers is from the 40's when being gay was taboo so even if he was he would probably never admit it to himself or anyone else. And if he is gay, what's it matter until he comes out of the closet? He's just a fictional character, he can be whatever you want him to be.

#40 Posted by MrDirector786 (43390 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Like someone else said, that scan was from the 1940s. Views on things back then and today are different.

#41 Posted by 5kman (5 posts) - - Show Bio

this is MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#42 Posted by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio

He's America and we don't like them god darn homo shurxuals with them rainbows and their Madonna *chugs beer burps it on beaten wives face continues to chug beer*.

#43 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio

2 pages? Let's get it together CV.

#44 Posted by NightFang (9851 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what they say in the army? Don't ask, don't tell!!!!

#45 Posted by 5kman (5 posts) - - Show Bio

i love that red neck lol jk

#46 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" 2 pages? Let's get it together CV. "

#47 Posted by lonefang6x6 (422 posts) - - Show Bio
he doesn't seem to be gay or anything close to being gay
#48 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

cap likes the bitch's like stark likes his liquor...and stark misses his booze

#49 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio

#50 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aronmorales said:
" @Navek said:
"

"
Well he certainly LOOKS gay in this picture.but no, Cap isn't gay. "
pretty much it. no he isnt. neither is batman. but there have been plenty of pictures of them and any other character over the years that are inuendo's and are actually pretty funny...

note: i think Caps awesome, but yeah, sometimes drawings go the wrong direction.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.