Is Captain America from the comics more skilled or powerful than his composite animated counterparts?

Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Is Captain America from the comics more skilled or powerful than his composite animated counterparts? (17 votes)

Yes 88%
No 12%

I've seen animated Captain America do extremely well against the Hulk

Fought Iron Man,Black Panther,Abomination,Loki,Hyperion and actually did very good but from what I've heard Captain America isn't really good with fighting High Tiers or even Mid Tiers sometimes.

so is it just me or does his animated counter parts seem or are stronger than his comic version?

#1 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

In what show did Captain America do well against the Hulk?

#2 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he means the Ultimates animated movie?

You might want to specify which Cap animated versions you mean, OP.

#3 Edited by JetiiMitra (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@peppeyhare said:

It doesn't matter though, does it? Almost all comics versions are better than their animated counterpart, and that goes for any character.

#4 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@veshark said:

@peppeyhare said:

It doesn't matter though, does it? Almost all comics versions are better than their animated counterpart, and that goes for any character.

In most cases yes, but it's a little tricky here. Because technically the Captain America from the Ultimate Avengers movie wasn't based on 616 Cap - but Ultimate Cap. Who is significantly stronger than his 616 counterpart.

#5 Posted by youmessinwithme (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

He is more skilled. (like way more)

He is less powerful.

But he has more PIS powers. he is written to be more peak human in the comics and more like Superhuman in most of the animated series, however in the comics if Cap Am needs to win, He wins. he once fought the Hulk in comics and did more than just well.

#6 Posted by JetiiMitra (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@mitran said:

@veshark said:

@peppeyhare said:

In most cases yes, but it's a little tricky here. Because technically the Captain America from the Ultimate Avengers movie wasn't based on 616 Cap - but Ultimate Cap. Who is significantly stronger than his 616 counterpart.

I would assume since Ult Avengers was based on the Ultimates, those are the Caps we're comparing. But I see what you're saying.

#7 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: any version that's animated so I mean composite (mixed all feats from all animated caps)

#8 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: any version that's animated so I mean composite (mixed all feats from all animated caps)

You seem to be largely referencing EMH Cap and the new Avengers Assemble Cap. Overall, no, I wouldn't say they've had better showings as compared to regular 616 Cap. Animated Cap never actually straight-up beat anyone out of the characters you listed to my knowledge, and we have to take into account that some of those animated versions are weaker than their animated counterparts (e.g. Abomination).

616 Cap has done relatively well against enemies above his weight class. He has defeated Namor, Lady Deathstrike, Rhino, US Agent, and has held his own against Hulk numerous times, as well as Iron Fist and Black Panther.

All those characters you mentioned, Cap has either beaten (though note there is context) or held his own against before. Iron Man (beaten), Black Panther (beaten), and Hulk/Loki are both characters he has held his own before. Only exceptions being Abomination (no idea about that) and Hyperion, whom he has never fought.

#9 Edited by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

@youmessinwithme said:

He is more skilled. (like way more)

He is less powerful.

But he has more PIS powers. he is written to be more peak human in the comics and more like Superhuman in most of the animated series, however in the comics if Cap Am needs to win, He wins. he once fought the Hulk in comics and did more than just well.

If you read Bru's run or even the current run. In the actual comics he is clearly superhuman across the board. Only times on hand books is where he is stated to be a mere peak human(which lead to many Batman fan type comparisons). But in the comics that is totally not the case. Terms like Superhuman, Preternatural, Perfect Man, Next step of evolution is what he is referenced as in the comic books.

Truth is his feats are superior to those from the Ultimate Avengers Animation Movie Cap or even Earth Mightiest Heroes Animated Cap. They really don't have much on the real deal Holy Field.

#10 Posted by PowerHerc (84990 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, he is.

#11 Posted by cameron83 (7502 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@veshark said:

@peppeyhare said:

I definitely agree.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.