Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

How strong is the shield?

XEL820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XEL820

Forgive me, I haven't read anything since Fear Itself, but:

How strong is the shield right now? I know before, with the vibranium-steel alloy, it was already virtually indestructible, but now it's got some Uru in it too.. Also, was it ever enchanted?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

I don't believe it received an enchantment. I honestly have not heard of its strength increasing or decreasing as of late.

It's been sturdy enough in his books though.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By tg1982

@Kallarkz said:

I don't believe it received an enchantment. I honestly have not heard of its strength increasing or decreasing as of late.

It's been sturdy enough in his books though.

The only reference is when Stark says that with the Uru it should be even stronger, but I agree besides that statement it's been completely ignored so I would say it is stronger, but it's still kind of hard to say how much stronger as there is no feats or any other statements. Hell even the scar seems to be gone or retconned, I haven't seen or heard mention of it since as well.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By evilvegeta74

I won't speak about fear then! But Caps shield has been damaged by Thors Hammer and crushed by the Hulk but, it has been improved and that is as much as I'm gonna say!

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tg1982

@evilvegeta74 said:

I won't speak about fear then! But Caps shield has been damaged by Thors Hammer and crushed by the Hulk but, it has been improved and that is as much as I'm gonna say!

When has Hulk destroyed the shield?

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tg1982

@evilvegeta74: It's cool, that happens sometimes, The Thor one was when he had the Odin Force making him a cosmic entity like Odin.

In short only cosmic powered people have been able to damage the shield, Molecule Man use his control over matter to destroy it, Thanos used the infinity gauntlet, Thor had the OF, Doom had the Beyonder's power, and most recently The Serpent who's power grows with fear in the fear itself storyline, now it has also been infused with Uru on top of the Vibranium and unknown Steel alloy making it even stronger but how much stronger hasn't been explored yet.

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Enosisik

It will get retconned .. Everytime Stark has added something to the shield Cap has hated it and turned it down because it throws off the weight and his ability to throw it. The URU would have to be enchanted because isn't it much much heavier than Earth metal? Stark wanted to put magnetic bracelets on cap that would make it so the shield would always return much like Thor's hammer so maybe now they will use the URu foe that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.