Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11751 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

how long until bucky is replaced?

Avatar image for the_nightwalker
    the_nightwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the_nightwalker

you know bucky can't stay as cap forever ecspecially with the flick out soon, so the question is how long?

CiaranStatham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CiaranStatham

They say they've no intentions of taking Buck out of the costume soon. I believe them, especially since Brubaker, alongside Bendis and Fraction at the moment, is one of their golden boys and can do no wrong, really. Besides, if you look at their solicitations, they're doing lots of Steve Rogers as Cap miniseries, which fills that need, really. Lots and lots of different trades are available of Steve as Cap, too. I wouldn't surprised if Marvel pushed those over removing Bucky.
    daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By daak1212

Most likely when the movie comes out the Trial of Captain america while get out of hand and bucky will have to step down for steve
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Andferne
    @daak1212 said:
    " Most likely when the movie comes out the Trial of Captain america while get out of hand and bucky will have to step down for steve "
    I hope this does not happen. But I could see it happening..
    Avatar image for oihooliganismoi
    oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oiHooliganismoi

i say bucky needs do be killed surving as cap and maybe have steve there, to give rogers that torment knowing his he let bucky down.... and putting that major part of caps psyche back in to the stories  

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I do fear that Marvel may be dumb like they always are and go back and put Steve back in the suit, it wouldn't kill me, but it would just be Marvel going back taking all the hard work writers have done and we the readers have enjoyed and just saying, "Eh, who cares?" and it's just ruins the characters and destroys any chance of us taking them serious because we just know they'll go back on it sooner or later....

Avatar image for oihooliganismoi
    oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oiHooliganismoi
    @War Killer:  well isnt that the sentiment alot of people had when they brought back steve in reborn? ......... i think steve makes a more interesting cap than buck... i think bucky is to flawed to be cap and makes u  be like steve would handled that with ease
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @oiHooliganismoi said:
    " @War Killer:  well isnt that the sentiment alot of people had when they brought back steve in reborn? ......... i think steve makes a more interesting cap than buck... i think bucky is to flawed to be cap and makes u  be like steve would handled that with ease "
    Lol dude, I was totally trying to figure out how to say you user name xD

But that's what makes Bucky-Cap so interesting, because he is flawed, that he has a dark past, things he regrets, yes he's getting the hang of being Cap, but he still has his doubts, wondering if he can live up to what Steve did in the role, I mean to me when you get to go along with the character, see there doubts, there mistakes, how the feel about doing things differently that people may disagree with, it makes for a more interesting story and also allows us to see what it means to be Captain America through the eyes of Bucky, which I feel we can't with Steve because he's been Cap since the 1940's, he has been at the role so much that he's hard to relate to for people, not saying that he's not an awesome Cap, if they did make Steve Captain America again, I wouldn't stop reading the book, I just think Marvel would be throwing away a great chance to dive deeper into what makes a person Captain America and what makes his so iconic through Bucky's eyes as he learns it for himself.
    CiaranStatham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By CiaranStatham
    @oiHooliganismoi said:
    " @War Killer:  well isnt that the sentiment alot of people had when they brought back steve in reborn? ......... i think steve makes a more interesting cap than buck... i think bucky is to flawed to be cap and makes u  be like steve would handled that with ease "

So what you're saying is that we should just let Steve breeze through everything quite easily? We've had Steve as Cap for years, now, and there are only so many stories you can tell. For all Millar thought he was being novel and clever, Cap versus his country was old-hat by the time Civil War was a thought in his head. Bucky gives us a fresh perspective, so I think he should stay as Cap for a long, long time.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Hopefully it never happens.Bucky should be Cap until he dies.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.