How do yo feel about the whole Dimension Z

Posted by Spideysense44 (2984 posts) 11 months, 22 days ago

Poll: How do yo feel about the whole Dimension Z (39 votes)

Great 49%
in between 38%
bad idea 21%

im ready for him to get out of there realli

#1 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a cool story. It's a new interesting idea and it doesn't hurt anything at all

#2 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

weird, but new. so meh.

#3 Posted by Spideysense44 (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer:

yea i kinda want him out but then its kinda interesting so im borderline actually so i change my answer

#4 Posted by Extremis (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideysense44: how can you not like this Dimension Z stuff? Weird quirky sci fi to the max. Remender is a master. The use of a character like Cap in this dystopia makes for quite an interesting dynamic.

I want more Dimension Z!

#5 Posted by Spideysense44 (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis:

i had a chnage of heart the other day and i agree

#6 Edited by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it.

I like seeing things changed up a little, taking Cap out of his element and dropping him in a completely new place. Seeing him go savage with the beard and the shredded Captain America uniform is just awesome. We get to see the soldier, fighting to survive like he did in WWII, while also seeing his strategic mind as he tries to overcome everything Dimension Z throws at him. On top of that we get to see how great of a father-figure Steve can be with Ian, making it easier to believe that he could actually get married to Sharon Carter and have a family, an idea that I love.

#7 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

People like to complain about comics never changing and when a story like this happens people whine that it's weird and different.

#8 Posted by jumpman72001 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't really like Captain America comics all that much until this series.

#9 Posted by Cap10nate (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

I have really enjoyed the story so far. I am looking forward to him being back on earth but definitely glad he went to Z

#10 Posted by wundagoreborn (313 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the boldness of it out of the box. The character flip-flops in the last couple issues have dimmed my enthusiasm a bit. But you can't always get perfect execution.

#11 Edited by Extremis (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

@jumpman72001: agreed 100%!

I didn't really understand the draw of this old fashioned character until this run. I'm not a proponent of patriotism in general as it can promote mindless devotion to ones country. Learning more and getting educated I think there may be a small place for patriotism, but its current state in America just reaks of idiocy and unfounded devotion.

But Now I get the irony of Cap's symbolism. He's a man out of time. He's supposed to have an old fashioned feel, i mean the guy was born out of propaganda for crying out loud. A time when America *thought* it was all the great things Cap is. Dont like Cap if your just patriotic, like him because of what he stands for. its just so interesting seeing a man born of old fashioned patriotism in a modern setting. And just seeing his pure grit and resolve in raising Ian right with a sound moral foundation as well as his survivalist instincts in an obscure time and place just highlights exactly why Cap is such a great character.

He's not a symbol of America as it stands or as it ever did stand. If he's a symbol for anything it's for moral fortitude. The over the top American symbols he wears are ironic. That's what makes him an even more relevant character today than he was at his inception. He's a glaring reminder of a simpler time. At least that's my take.

#12 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't really like Captain America comics all that much until this series.

Not even Ed Brubaker's run?

#13 Posted by Spideysense44 (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

ed brubaker had a guud run

#14 Edited by batmannflash (6192 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it!

#15 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it...don't love it either...it is ok.

#16 Edited by jumpman72001 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: I didn't read his run. I should have said i didn't like Captain America as a character all that much, but this series has changed my mind. I didn't ever dislike Cap just didn't like him enough to read his comics unless it was avengers or something.

#17 Edited by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: I didn't read his run. I should have said i didn't like Captain America as a character all that much, but this series has changed my mind. I didn't ever dislike Cap just didn't like him enough to read his comics unless it was avengers or something.

Well if you're looking for amazing Captain America stories, Brubaker's run is the best place to start. His run is arguable the best and it simply reintroduces Cap for a new generation, being very accessible for new readers and modernizes the character very well.

#18 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to read it, but Romita's artwork just turns me away. If he had a better colorist I'd read but the colors just made his art look muddy.

#19 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

The artwork does not do it for me either. I would like to see that change, I have that the shield changes sizes all of the time with his artwork.

#20 Posted by tec79 (158 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like what Remender has done, very cool setting for a Cap story.

Those of you new to Captain America should check the runs by Grunwald, Waid and Brubaker.

#21 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to read it, but Romita's artwork just turns me away. If he had a better colorist I'd read but the colors just made his art look muddy.

I actually liked JRJr's artwork in Dimension Z, but I also, admit it is an acquired taste. And understand it's not for everybody.

The artwork does not do it for me either. I would like to see that change,

Carlos Pacheco is starting on Captain America, after Dimension Z concludes. Which, even though I like JRJr, I love Pacheco, always have, ever since Avengers: Forever.

#22 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@tigerkaya said:

I actually liked JRJr's artwork in Dimension Z, but I also, admit it is an acquired taste. And understand it's not for everybody.

@spider11211 said:

Carlos Pacheco is starting on Captain America, after Dimension Z concludes. Which, even though I like JRJr, I love Pacheco, always have, ever since Avengers: Forever.

I know....I can't wait!

#23 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: Thats great news can't wait for Pacheo to take over.

#24 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@tigerkaya said:

@spider11211 said:

I know....I can't wait!

@tg1982: Thats great news can't wait for Pacheo to take over.

I know, I'm totally stoked for it!

#25 Edited by Spideysense44 (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

Good newz

#26 Posted by wundagoreborn (313 posts) - - Show Bio

Me too. I was getting close to running out of patience with the Romita art. Just not my style. Carlos will be GREAT.

#27 Posted by Spideysense44 (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

readi for cap to bash someones teeth in

#28 Posted by wundagoreborn (313 posts) - - Show Bio

readi for cap to bash someones teeth in

The recent 2 page spread of Cap jumping on Zola was pretty tough

#29 Edited by Spideysense44 (2984 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to Cap battling Nuke. Nuke seems currently like a unstoppable force.

The last time they fought Steve to Nuke out with a fall from a high rise building, got up first and carried him off.

Now Nuke seems like he will be a major problem as he is tanking bullets easily and comes with preparation of powerful weapons. This is going to be a good fight as I imagine a mental battle as well.

#31 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Dimension z just lasted a couple issues to long but apart from that was very good

#32 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Sharon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#33 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked Dimension Z, it's one of my favorite Captain America arcs.

#34 Edited by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that we never saw a body tells me she's not dead, so I wouldn't worry about it. Really, the fact that it was teased that Zola could still be alive and running around in Dimension Z just makes me think that he has Sharon locked up somewhere and we'll see her return int future storylines.

#35 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I read a couple issues but it didn't really jive with me. I might pick it up in trade though, to see if it reads better then.

#36 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (12220 posts) - - Show Bio

It's weird but good.

#37 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer said:

@spider11211 said:

The fact that we never saw a body tells me she's not dead, so I wouldn't worry about it. Really, the fact that it was teased that Zola could still be alive and running around in Dimension Z just makes me think that he has Sharon locked up somewhere and we'll see her return int future storylines.

I agree, but I will miss her.

I do wish to see more of Diamondback

#38 Edited by AllStarSuperman (20158 posts) - - Show Bio

1-6 was amazing, 7-10 got to long. I dropped it after 10.

#39 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that I like the new art direction more...I just did not like the art.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.