Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

has anyone seen cap americas official stats?

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Rotten gun
    Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rotten gun

Valkaad says:

"Yeah!!!!! Take that iron fist!! NEW Cap would kick his A$$."

damn! there should be a delete option for posts i dont like! :p

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Valkaad

Yeah!!!!! Take that iron fist!! NEW Cap would kick his A$$.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Marvel.com sucks

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Valkaad

Rotten gun says:

"Valkaad says:
    "Yeah!!!!! Take that iron fist!! NEW Cap would kick his A$$."
    damn! there should be a delete option for posts i dont like! :p"

You know I'm only kidding right. I DO think Cap would beat Iron Fist (That's another story), but I don't see how they can have all his stats (including energy projection??) as a 7.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Valkaad says:

"NEW Cap would beat BP's A$$ too!! HE is stronger, faster, more durable and has better energy projection than BP!! Take that Buckshot!"

Blow me.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Valkaad

NEW Cap would beat BP's A$$ too!! HE is stronger, faster, more durable and has better energy projection than BP!! Take that Buckshot!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Marvel.com sucks"

Agreed.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Copy

King of Kings says:

"Donnieman v5.1 says:
    "Marvel.com sucks"
    Agreed."

i don't go by there rating i only read the story of the character and read the comics thats the only reason why i like marvel.com

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Valkaad

Buckshot says:

"Valkaad says:
    "NEW Cap would beat BP's A$$ too!! HE is stronger, faster, more durable and has better energy projection than BP!! Take that Buckshot!"
    Blow me."

LOL!!

You'd like that wouldn't you.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zero edge

There's no such thing as "official" ratings in comics.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Copy says:

"King of Kings says:
    "Donnieman v5.1 says:
    "Marvel.com sucks"
    Agreed."

i don't go by there rating i only read the story of the character and read the comics thats the only reason why i like marvel.com"

Agreed lmao

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rotten gun

the funny thing is that the only thing he comes close to being a 7 in is combat and that is his lowest skill?

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Valkaad

Rotten gun says:

"the funny thing is that the only thing he comes close to being a 7 in is combat and that is his lowest skill?"

Dont Hate on Cap's 7 intelligence, 7 strength, 7 speed, 7 durability, and 7 energy projection just becuase Danny only has 4's in all of those abilities. It's OK to admit Cap is his master!

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Buckshot says:

"Valkaad says:

Blow me."

Translation for "blow me": Not only is it obviously incorrect, but I've already shown that BP would win more than not (Cap fanboys, excuse me, fans, can't see past the red, white, and blue and the "ultimate soldier", but whatever). He's smarter, faster, has more experience, is a better fighter, has a uniform that Cap can't get through, claws that can cut Cap to shreds, energy weapons that can kill in one hit, and he's black. Before you start on me here though, it's nothing I haven't already said (and supported) in the actual BP vs Cap thread. I'm not trying to start anything, just clearing up the meaning behind my comment.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rotten gun

Valkaad says:

"Rotten gun says:
    "the funny thing is that the only thing he comes close to being a 7 in is combat and that is his lowest skill?"
    Dont Hate on Cap's 7 intelligence, 7 strength, 7 speed, 7 durability, and 7 energy projection just becuase Danny only has 4's in all of those abilities. It's OK to admit Cap is his master!"

i'll admit in this scenario... cap might just edge out iron fist but it would be so so so close :b

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Valkaad

Buckshot says:

"Buckshot says:
    "Valkaad says:
    Blow me."
    Translation for "blow me": Not only is it obviously incorrect, but I've already shown that BP would win more than not (Cap fanboys, excuse me, fans, can't see past the red, white, and blue and the "ultimate soldier", but whatever). He's smarter, faster, has more experience, is a better fighter, has a uniform that Cap can't get through, claws that can cut Cap to shreds, energy weapons that can kill in one hit, and he's black. Before you start on me here though, it's nothing I haven't already said (and supported) in the actual BP vs Cap thread. I'm not trying to start anything, just clearing up the meaning behind my comment."

Maybe marvel decided that since they turned BP, who for years was a b-rated hero, into some kind of UBER-man that can do anything better than anyone, that they should supe Cap up accordingly. They also probably realized that since Cap is white he should be suped up to all 7's.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Valkaad

Rotten gun says:

"Valkaad says:
    "Rotten gun says:
    Dont Hate on Cap's 7 intelligence, 7 strength, 7 speed, 7 durability, and 7 energy projection just becuase Danny only has 4's in all of those abilities. It's OK to admit Cap is his master!"
    i'll admit in this scenario... cap might just edge out iron fist but it would be so so so close :b"

LMFAO!! I think the 7 energy projection is what would win the day for Cap.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rotten gun

Valkaad says:

"Buckshot says:
    "Buckshot says:
    "Valkaad says:
    Blow me."
    Translation for "blow me": Not only is it obviously incorrect, but I've already shown that BP would win more than not (Cap fanboys, excuse me, fans, can't see past the red, white, and blue and the "ultimate soldier", but whatever). He's smarter, faster, has more experience, is a better fighter, has a uniform that Cap can't get through, claws that can cut Cap to shreds, energy weapons that can kill in one hit, and he's black. Before you start on me here though, it's nothing I haven't already said (and supported) in the actual BP vs Cap thread. I'm not trying to start anything, just clearing up the meaning behind my comment."
    Maybe marvel decided that since they turned BP, who for years was a b-rated hero, into some kind of UBER-man that can do anything better than anyone, that they should supe Cap up accordingly. They also probably realized that since Cap is white he should be suped up to all 7's."

ha ha ha funny

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Valkaad says:

"Maybe marvel decided that since they turned BP, who for years was a b-rated hero, into some kind of UBER-man that can do anything better than anyone, that they should supe Cap up accordingly. They also probably realized that since Cap is white he should be suped up to all 7's."

You know what you sound like? A hater.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Valkaad

Buckshot says:

"Valkaad says:
    " Maybe marvel decided that since they turned BP, who for years was a b-rated hero, into some kind of UBER-man that can do anything better than anyone, that they should supe Cap up accordingly. They also probably realized that since Cap is white he should be suped up to all 7's."
    " />http://www.mitchoconnell.com/00hater.jpg"

The only thing I am hating is...drum roll...being RIGHT...symbal smash!!!

Avatar image for the_iron_cavalier
    The Iron Cavalier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Valkaad says:

"Buckshot says:
    "Valkaad says:
    " Maybe marvel decided that since they turned BP, who for years was a b-rated hero, into some kind of UBER-man that can do anything better than anyone, that they should supe Cap up accordingly. They also probably realized that since Cap is white he should be suped up to all 7's."
    " />http://www.mitchoconnell.com/00hater.jpg"

The only thing I am hating is...drum roll...being RIGHT...symbal smash!!!"

cymbal smash indeed

yeah. They've overpowered alot of dudes recently. Black Panther, ehh not so much. He's just got strength, agility etc, so you cant say theyve uber-suped him up. Iron Fist deserved the upgrade he got; it's been coming to him for a while.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Valkaad says:

"The only thing I am hating is...drum roll...being RIGHT...symbal smash!!!"

Cover it up with jokes if you want, but I know...

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Valkaad

The Iron Cavalier says:

"Valkaad says:
    "Buckshot says:
    "Valkaad says:
    The" />http://www.mitchoconnell.com/00hater.jpg"
    The only thing I am hating is...drum roll...being RIGHT...symbal smash!!!"
    *cymbal smash indeed* yeah. They've overpowered alot of dudes recently. Black Panther, ehh not so much. He's just got strength, agility etc, so you cant say theyve uber-suped him up. Iron Fist deserved the upgrade he got; it's been coming to him for a while."Strength, agility, indestructible armor, claws that can cut through adamantium and he is now more intelligent than Stark or Richards.
    Post Edited:2007-09-16 00:01:36
    Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Valkaad

Buckshot says:

"Valkaad says:
    " The only thing I am hating is...drum roll...being RIGHT...symbal smash!!!"
    Cover it up with jokes if you want, but I know..."

But you also know that I know you know so there.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Valkaad says:

"Strength, agility, indestructible armor, claws that can cut through adamantium and he is now more intelligent than Stark or Richards.
    Post Edited:2007-09-16 00:01:36"

The hateration has made you irrational. His strength hasn't been upped, he's always been peak as far as I know. That's what the HSH does (among other things), it's Wakanda's SSS. Even then though, they've made him weaker than the great white protector. The agility (and a weirdo kind of panther-sense, for lack of a better word, that makes his agility more useful) has always been one of Panther's attributes. Armor? Yeah, that was a big change, but I say, "bout time". What kind of guy walks around unprotected? Maybe if Cap had been wearing the suit he wouldn't be dead now. The claws? That's what vibrainium does. The only change there (and with his suit) was letting him finally use the materials his country has always had. Why hate on him for finally getting the tools he should have? Smarter and more crafty than Stark? Yes, but not more intelligent than Richards. I really don't see that many huge changes (none that make him "UBER"), and none that don't make sense.
    Post Edited:2007-09-16 00:12:25

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Valkaad

Buckshot says:

"Valkaad says:
    "Strength, agility, indestructible armor, claws that can cut through adamantium and he is now more intelligent than Stark or Richards.
    Post Edited:2007-09-16 00:01:36"
    The hateration has made you irrational. His strength hasn't been upped, he's always been peak as far as I know. That's what the HSH does (among other things), it's Wakanda's SSS. Even then though, they've made him weaker than the great white protector. The agility (and a weirdo kind of panther-sense, for lack of a better word, that makes his agility more useful) has always been one of Panther's attributes. Armor? Yeah, that was a big change, but I say, "bout time". What kind of guy walks around unprotected? Maybe if Cap had been wearing the suit he wouldn't be dead now. The claws? That's what vibrainium *does*. The only change there (and with his suit) was letting him finally *use* the materials his country has always had. Why hate on him for finally getting the tools he should have? Smarter and more crafty than Stark? Yes, but not more intelligent than Richards. I really don't see that many huge changes (none that make him "UBER"), and none that don't make sense.
    Post Edited:2007-09-16 00:12:25"

The strength and agility part was quoted from Iron Cavalier. I pick on you about BP, but I like him, I loved his limited series back in the eighties and I think he is a bada$$ now. To me the armor "weakens" him the same way it did Cap when they had him wear armor for a little while. To me BP was MORE of a bada$$ without the armor because he had to be! Guys like BP, Cap, Daredevil, Batman are so cool because they are vulnerable and because even though they are risking their lives fighting superhumans, they remain human and rely on their human abilities instead of suits or armor or energy claws. I liked it that BP would go toe to toe with superhumans with only his skill, and his natural gifts just like DD, or Batman. Batman could create a suit of Armor that would allow him to be invulnerable, fly etc. but then he wouldn't be batman. I quit collecting Cap when they gave him armor because it took away from his I'm human but I stand up to guys more powerful than I do.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I see what your saying and not only do I understand, I agree. I like it when characters need to exert themselves to fight their enemies and there are consequences when they fail. That's good storytelling and it makes the challenges of the characters more real. On the other hand, the suit makes a lot of sense. Vibranium isn't new. It's properties have been established. Black Panther has had it for a while and it seems logical that he'd eventually start using it as a defense for himself. Black Panther's suit is a smart way (and he's a very smart man, a trait that some seem not to like) for him to use his resources. And it's not even like he can't be hurt with the suit. In the world he lives in, not everyone punches you. There are so many different ways he could be attacked that the suit doesn't defend against that it's not like he's untouchable, and even then, physical attacks can still hurt him. And it's not like he really acts different because of the suit. Except for the specific times when they want to play up its uses, the suit basically doesn't exist. He still tries to avoid hits that shouldn't hurt him and they even jack him up despite the suit when they think that makes the story better. I really don't think it "weakens" him at all, but I guess that's where we differ.

Doomhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Doomhunter

Buckshot says:

"Buckshot says:
    "Valkaad says:

Blow me."

What the hell does PB being black have to even do with him beating Cap.? LOL...plus he ain't black he's just....dark brown

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Doomhunter says:

"Buckshot says:
    "Buckshot says:
    "Valkaad says:

Blow me."

What the hell does PB being black have to even do with him beating Cap.? LOL...plus he ain't black he's just....dark brown"

Then why does he call himself Black Panther?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By PowerHerc

Marvel's official site leaves a lot to be desired.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.