"Finished" WW2 Captain America costume

#1 Posted by Sammo21 (700 posts) - - Show Bio

While it's not completely finished (about 90%) this is what I will be wearing to the midnight showing of the film tonight. My wife made the cargo pants and double breasted jacket. I worked with the WW2 pot helmet and bought the ammo belt, para-suspenders, boot covers, and ww2 era motorcycle goggles. I am just going to use my prop Cap shield since I didn't finish the shield I was making. Let me know what you guys think!

Standing pose, Captain America
Another side shot
#2 Posted by jayster (10 posts) - - Show Bio
@sammo21: Not bad
#3 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic!!

#4 Posted by marvelunivers_deleteme (315 posts) - - Show Bio

i like it

#5 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

That's awesome, gonna see the movie tonight :)

#6 Posted by x_lover1 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#7 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty cool looking
#8 Posted by Sammo21 (700 posts) - - Show Bio

Eventually I am going to replace the snap buckle with an actual large belt buckle, get a prop Colt 1911 and Thompson M1A1 and more.

#9 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

That's so damned gangster.

#10 Posted by InfinityOmelette (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks fun! USA! USA! :)

#11 Posted by Sparklykiss (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Super cool! Wish I was talented enough to make a good costume. Wife did a great job on the jacket!

#12 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Really nice job! I like all the little details :D

#13 Posted by Sammo21 (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox-kitty: She's got a lot of stuff you can't see too well (pics taken on my iphone in a poorly lit living room :p) where there are many fake seams like he has in the WW2 jacket. I will be required to either wear a red dickie or a red sweater when I wear this to conventions and I'd also like a better mask which we're working on doing. Next year for Avengers we want to have a full group dress up for the midnight showing...so far we have a black widow, captain america, hawkeye, and Wasp.

#14 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7949 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice1

#15 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

Good job. Congrats on your obvious passion for Cap.

#16 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

That's awesome!!

#17 Posted by Sammo21 (700 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully I can get a more modern version for the Avengers next year. My wife wants to do Wasp (she likes the animated version the most it seems) and two of my friends want to be Black Widow and Hawkeye. I think if I do a modern version of Cap it will be harder (as I won't ever be doing a costume with tights) but I am working on some designs.

#18 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome job.

#19 Posted by Pepsiguy2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio
@sammo21: It sucks that she's going to cosplay as Wasp despite her not being in the movie.
#20 Posted by Sammo21 (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pepsiguy2: eh, I don't see a problem with it. The only two female "leads" in the movie are Black Widow and Maria so there aren't many options. Heck, the girl doing Black Widow is even doing a more 616 version of her. My cap costume wasn't used in the movie :p

#21 Posted by G-Man (37661 posts) - - Show Bio

I approve.

Staff Online
#22 Posted by Comics4Sale (22 posts) - - Show Bio

That Looks GREAT!!! 
Even, Combat Ready!

#23 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice bro

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.