Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Feige Talks Captain America Movie

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

No Caption Provided
    With all the Marvel film projects being produced by Marvel Studios ( Thor, Captain America, The Avengers) you can imagine that Marvel Studios' President of Production Kevin Feige is one helluva busy guy; so when Total Film caught up with him recently during his Captain America shoot in London, even I was shocked they got a scoop. The interview, while relatively brief, does get me excited for the upcoming films and reveals a little bit about the upcoming movie- particularly the bit about Red Skull.

Why have you chosen the UK to film Captain America?
    Well it’s that two thirds of the film actually takes place in Europe and there are many scenes in and around London. So it just made sense that we film it where the majority of the film takes place. Having been here now for almost two and a half months prepping and twenty-some days into shooting. The history here is pretty impressive. I was at Pinewood yesterday and you walk past pictures of the set of Tim Burton’s original Batman and all the amazing work that Donner did on Superman. Everytime we’re on a new stage in Shepperton somebody tells me this is where the war room was for Dr. Strangelove.
    Or this is where they shot some of 2001. There’s such an amazing genre film history here and the technicians and the crews and the sets are just some of the best we’ve ever had. It’s been a pleasure.

How the Red Skull looking?
    Hugo Weaving has been in the Red Skull effect, in costume for a couple of weeks now and it’s a hell of a lot of fun. We gave people a little taste in San Diego about what his character will look like but now that we’ve started to work with the actual skull it’s going to be a lot of fun and a rather frightening villain.

What’s happening with The Avengers?
    There’s not much I can tell you but Joss [Whedon] is hard at work with the script and we’ve hired most of our crew. They’re looking to design and build and prepare for when we start filming next year.

While we don't get Feige's opinion on which Marvel film he is most looking forward to,  we do get some insight on Marvel's upcoming projects. He even pays homage to past superhero films like Richard Donner's Superman and Tim Burton's Batman films. What do you guys think? Are you looking forward to Marvel's upcoming movies? Which are you most excited about? 
    dvdhaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dvdhaus

Hugo Weaving will be great.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Moomin123

Although I wouldn't have chosen Weaving for the role of Red Skull, I imagine his performance will be outstanding. I'm looking forward to all the new Marvel films but I still can't get over Ed Norton not being in Avengers, it pisses me off.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Shadowdoggy

I'm really excited for this movie 
    I love Hugo Weaving 
    he brings an unmistakable air of intense realism to all his roles 
    and I think he'll do the Red Skull justice 
    Chibi-Iroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chibi-Iroh

I want to see a picture of Hugo Weaving as Red Skull and Chris as Captain America.

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dondasch

I think Hugo Weaving is a great actor, and do just fine as Red Skull.  Awaiting the Thor movie, I think that has my attention more than anything else.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Gambit1024

I wonder what he'll end up looking like?

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 614azrael

Sounding more n more promising now if only x-men could sound promising again

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hdorman1
    @Moomin123 said:
    " Although I wouldn't have chosen Weaving for the role of Red Skull, I imagine his performance will be outstanding. I'm looking forward to all the new Marvel films but I still can't get over Ed Norton not being in Avengers, it pisses me off. "
    same
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Decept-O

Am I looking forward to pending Marvel Studios' movies?  Is M.O.D.O.K. a douchebag?  Yes I am looking so forward to these movies, YEE-HAW!   

When I saw that pic of Hugo Weaving as Red Skull, I was really impressed, he scared the beejeezus outta me.  I  

I am still curious about the whole Fiege and Ed Norton debacle.  Sorry, it may be bad form to bring it up but I'm nosy that way.
    elevatorparty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By elevatorparty
    @Chibi-Iroh: me too 
    @Decept-O:
     Did you see it at the convention or is it on the internet? 
    I've been searching and I cant find it.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Decept-O
    @elevatorparty:
    It should be in one of the older NEWS posts here on ComicVine.  If you search through the NEWS it should be there, although I can't tell you when exactly this was.  I think it was just prior or during the SDCC this summer.  I read that info here.   

Maybe someone has a better memory or has that link.  Sorry I can't be of more help. 

Just to add I am referring to the incident concerning Ed Norton being dropped from the next HULK movie and Feige's comments concerning Ed Norton.  Norton's camp also had some choice words.  Have you used GOOGLE?   I've been searching here and still can't seem to find it, but I imagine its posted someplace.  I think from PAGE 30 back in the NEWS section it may be there. 
    gordocomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gordocomics

i can't wait. i love hugo weaving.

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By HaloKing343

Of all movies of all time, I have never been more excited for The Avengers
    Patrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Patrad

interesting

ladydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By ladydeath

yay

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.