Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Fatigue

Kyzuko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kyzuko

Since he doesn't fatigue, can he actually tire?

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By krauser99

During the Avengers training when he doing a  training battle against the Avengers themselves Ironman, Thor,  Giantman, Wasp.  After they finally caught him Tony stated quit making them look bad as Tony implied they were all sucking wind.

Also during secret wars Black Panther passed out to due fatigue and heat exhaustion before Steve.

Steve also out fatigued the Rhino himself and once the Rhino fatigued he KO'ed him with a jump kick to his nose in volume 3 IIRC.  Steve lungs capacity could even breath the thin air better then the Rhino.  Peak of human "potential" indeed.

Kyzuko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kyzuko

Have we ever seen him tire?

Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
    Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hoarderofhilarity

Whoa I swear Thor has better stamina than Captain america?

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By krauser99

@Kyzuko said:

Have we ever seen him tire?

I think we have but it varies from writer to writer. I once remember Logan calling him the energizer bunny of the spandex kind....LOL

Avatar image for captainamerica119
    Captainamerica119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't think he can tire, but if he can, it takes a helluva lot of stuff to tire him

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So how does he get himself to sleep then?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I do believe he can eventually exhaust himself, but like mentioned above it would take a lot to do so. I know that recently in the Marvel Now! series while trying to stop the Green Skull Cap mentions that he had been going weeks without break. Though whether or not this meant he hadn't slept during this time is unclear, but I assume that because his body is at peek physical form he can still exhaust himself like anyone else and does need to rest, he is simply able to push his body for longer periods than the normal is able to. But ultimately he would eventually need to rest his body, even Super-Soldiers need sleep. :P

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By tg1982

@war_killer:

Yeah pretty much agree with you.

Also I think, at least in the comics, there is a difference between being tired and being fatigued, he does get tired and needs to sleep, but he can go for hours, at least, at maximum exertion before needing to stop and let his batteries recharge, so to speak.

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
    NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought his whole deal was that he has essentially limitless endurance. I guess I never thought about him sleeping, and how often he even needs it. Very interesting question, I assume he can last weeks without sleep if need be, and the need for sleep is the only thing that would make him get fatigued, as in he would never "need to take a breather" or something.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@nightcrawler358:

There have been times where Cap has actually been exhausted and stated so. Granted it was back in the 60's-70's, but he missed a shield throw and actually said it was because he was tired.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spider11211

Ask agent 13 she knows :)

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@tg1982 said:

@nightcrawler358:

There have been times where Cap has actually been exhausted and stated so. Granted it was back in the 60's-70's, but he missed a shield throw and actually said it was because he was tired.

Interesting to note, but Captain America Reborn actually has Cap say 'I'm a man who can't feel fatigue'.....odd?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Whoa I swear Thor has better stamina than Captain america?

Considering Thor is a practically immortal Asgardian God, I find it quite reasonable that his stamina would be greater than Cap's/the peak of human potential.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@war_killer: @krauser99: @kyzuko:

IMO... if he can be considered superhuman in any way its his stamina because the SSS is constantly rejuvenating him so its very hard for him to get tired. It says in his profile he can work at peak capacity for about an hour before fatigue STARTS to impair him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.