Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Even More Photos from the Captain America Set

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here
       All the superheroic carnage to be added in post.
     All the superheroic carnage to be added in post.

The photos from the CAPTAIN AMERICA movie set just keep coming in! This latest batch from CBM shows the army of period-specific vehicles the movie’s Liverpool crew is using. While these might not be as exciting to see as, say, Chris Evans running through traffic and dodging car bombs, they’re interesting to see as evidence for how extensive and accurate the movie’s production design is. You’ll recall that Joe Johnston said a while back that he chose not to shoot in 3D (opting instead to convert to it in post) so as to leave enough money in the budget to lavish on props, sets and vehicles. I think you’ll agree that these pics are proof of that.

One thing that particular interests me about this project is that it’s going to be a period piece. Outside of WATCHMEN, the only other superhero movie I can think of that isn’t in a contemporary setting is THE ROCKETEER (which also happened to take place in the 40s and also happened to be directed by Joe Johnston.)   I think we’re at the point where audiences are familiar enough with the superhero idiom that they can accept some big twists on the genre. Putting the action somewhere else instead of a “modern city” is an easy way to get there. Actually… I suppose it’s a fitting coincidence that X-MEN: FIRST CLASS is also going to be a period piece, too. I guess the notion's in the zeitgeist.

Anyway, enjoy the photos...  == TEASER ==

Actually, this also brings up the question of whether some characters are better suited to the eras they debuted in, instead of a constantly-changing milieu that’s trying to keep up with the times. I’ve always felt that Superman works best in the hustle and bustle of the late 40s and Nick Fury works best in the cold war, for example. And would anybody want to see, say, Dick Tracy outside of prohibition? Do you figure the same thinking applies to Cap? 

UPDATE: We were just informed of there being even more pictures of this vehicles here

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of  HYBRID BASTARDS! &UNIMAGINABLE. Order them on Amazonhere  &     here.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TheMess1428

Captain America came from World War II, you can't change that. But his story was that he ended up frozen and was revived just in time to join the Avengers. Now in the comics, the Avengers came around the 60s right? Well there's nothing wrong with him staying frozen til 2011. Just as long as he didn't start in 2011.

RoosterCogburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RoosterCogburn
    @TheMess1428 said:
    " Captain America came from World War II, you can't change that. But his story was that he ended up frozen and was revived just in time to join the Avengers. Now in the comics, the Avengers came around the 60s right? Well there's nothing wrong with him staying frozen til 2011. Just as long as he didn't start in 2011. "
    Smart man right there.
    RemyLeBeau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By RemyLeBeau

I still can't see him as Cap, he'll always be the human torch for me.

GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By GT-Man

Hmmm
    true.djnw@

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By true.djnw@
    No Caption Provided
    The Comic Con trailer shot of Chris Evans as Captain America! 
    Avatar image for crazyasahatter77
    crazyasahatter77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crazyasahatter77

There is another super hero related period movie, The Shadow. There's also The Phantom, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen...

nutzac4888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By nutzac4888

what about the phantom? is that not a period piece?

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @TheMess1428 said:
    " Captain America came from World War II, you can't change that. But his story was that he ended up frozen and was revived just in time to join the Avengers. Now in the comics, the Avengers came around the 60s right? Well there's nothing wrong with him staying frozen til 2011. Just as long as he didn't start in 2011. "
    The avengers comic started in the 60's but within the marvel universe I'd say they've moved it to a more recent but vague time.
    skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By skaarason

trucks !

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Eyz
    @true.djnw@gmail.com: Epic!!
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the license plate prop will end up for sale or auction online.
    probably won't get purchased. that's all i have.

Avatar image for captaingenisvell
    CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CaptainGenisVell

I just went to see the sets in Manchester and Liverpool today, I've seen some of these vehicles as well as the street you see him run down. :D

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Capt is very authentic now.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By PowerHerc
    @TheMess1428 said:
    "Captain America came from World War II, you can't change that. But his story was that he ended up frozen and was revived just in time to join the Avengers. Now in the comics, the Avengers came around the 60s right? Well there's nothing wrong with him staying frozen til 2011. Just as long as he didn't start in 2011. "

Aye, verily.
    fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By fbdarkangel

Did anybody else knew that Natalie Dormer from Tudors is going to be in it?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.