Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Ed Brubaker's Captain America Checklist

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Veshark

Hey all, so I'm planning on collecting Ed Brubaker's entire tenure on Captain America and all related titles in trade paperback form. Here's what I've compiled as a complete checklist, but I just thought I'd check if I was missing anything. I'm planning to get every book, even those that might be considered 'non-essential', but basically anything written by Brubaker and featuring either Bucky or Steve in it is welcome. Here's what I have so far:

Pre-Death of Captain America:

The Marvels ProjectCaptain America: Winter Soldier Ultimate CollectionCaptain America: Red Menace Ultimate CollectionCaptain America: Civil WarDeath of Captain America:

The Death of Captain America Vol. 1The Death of Captain America Vol. 2The Death of Captain America Vol. 3The Man with No FaceRoad to RebornCaptain America: RebornHeroic Age (Bucky as Cap):

Two AmericasNo EscapeThe Trial of Captain AmericaPrisoner of WarCaptain America & Bucky Vol. 1Captain America & Bucky Vol. 2Heroic Age (Steve):

Steve Rogers: Super SoldierSecret Avengers Vol. 1Secret Avengers Vol. 2Post-Fear Itself:

Captain America Vol. 1Captain America Vol. 2Captain America Vol. 3Captain America Vol. 4Winter Soldier Vol. 1Winter Soldier Vol. 2Winter Soldier Vol. 3So that's a total of twenty-six TPBs. So far I've only got Marvels Project, Winter Soldier, Red Menace, Death of Cap Vol. 2, and Reborn. If you know of any books that I might be missing, do let me know!

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By krauser99

Ed did a...like a 75 anniversary special with Cap.  In it he had Steve do a good running feat IIRC.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By saoakden

I know the Death of Captain America was collected into one big book. I think it has the Tie-in to the Civil war stuff in it too. & I believe you can find Captain America lives has Road to Reborn, Reborn and I think The Man with No Face. I think you can find those books on Amazon. That might help save you some money looking for each individual book since you can get like Four big trades that have one to three books in one book.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Veshark

@krauser99 said:

Ed did a...like a 75 anniversary special with Cap. In it he had Steve do a good running feat IIRC.

Oh that one's collected in the Red Menace Ultimate Collection, which I already have. Thanks anyways!

@saoakden said:

I know the Death of Captain America was collected into one big book. I think it has the Tie-in to the Civil war stuff in it too. & I believe you can find Captain America lives has Road to Reborn, Reborn and I think The Man with No Face. I think you can find those books on Amazon. That might help save you some money looking for each individual book since you can get like Four big trades that have one to three books in one book.

Yeah that's the problem, actually. I already have Death of Cap Vol. 2 and Reborn, so I don't really feel like shelling out extra cash just to get the Omnibuses. Also I prefer having individual trades since it's easier to read and hold with the hands than one big book. And my shelf's too small for a giant Omnibus, for that matter.

I'm probably wasting more money this way, but alas ;)

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Don't forget the Winter Soldier: Winter Kills one shot. I know it is collected in the 1st omnibus but not sure where it is collected in the TPBs if it even is.

Other than that. Seems like you got it all.

Siul_CR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow mate this post is pure gold! So many books to buy, I have Death of Captain America, Winter Soldier Ultimate Collection, Red Menace Ultimate Collection as printed format and Captain America Reborn, Two Americas and Captain America Civil War as digital format! For those last Captain America Volumes, do you have the year of those? is it 2012? Also, Is there like a book with both Captains fully acting together?

Thanks!

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Veshark

@siul_cr said:

Wow mate this post is pure gold! So many books to buy, I have Death of Captain America, Winter Soldier Ultimate Collection, Red Menace Ultimate Collection as printed format and Captain America Reborn, Two Americas and Captain America Civil War as digital format! For those last Captain America Volumes, do you have the year of those? is it 2012? Also, Is there like a book with both Captains fully acting together?

Thanks!

My response is probably a little late, but you've got to tag folks next time if you want them to respond, friend.

Those last volumes are from 2012. As for the two Captains acting together in full costume, your best bet would probably be the Who Will Wield the Shield? one-shot collected in Two Americas. You can also check out the Avengers/Invaders crossover, which has Bucky Cap and WWII-era Cap team up through the hijinks of time-travel, if memory serves. It isn't written by Brubaker though, FYI.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.