Ed Brubaker's Captain America Checklist

#1 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey all, so I'm planning on collecting Ed Brubaker's entire tenure on Captain America and all related titles in trade paperback form. Here's what I've compiled as a complete checklist, but I just thought I'd check if I was missing anything. I'm planning to get every book, even those that might be considered 'non-essential', but basically anything written by Brubaker and featuring either Bucky or Steve in it is welcome. Here's what I have so far:

Pre-Death of Captain America:

• The Marvels Project
  • Captain America: Winter Soldier Ultimate Collection
  • Captain America: Red Menace Ultimate Collection
  • Captain America: Civil War

Death of Captain America:

• The Death of Captain America Vol. 1
  • The Death of Captain America Vol. 2
  • The Death of Captain America Vol. 3
  • The Man with No Face
  • Road to Reborn
  • Captain America: Reborn

Heroic Age (Bucky as Cap):

• Two Americas
  • No Escape
  • The Trial of Captain America
  • Prisoner of War
  • Captain America & Bucky Vol. 1
  • Captain America & Bucky Vol. 2

Heroic Age (Steve):

• Steve Rogers: Super Soldier
  • Secret Avengers Vol. 1
  • Secret Avengers Vol. 2

Post-Fear Itself:

• Captain America Vol. 1
  • Captain America Vol. 2
  • Captain America Vol. 3
  • Captain America Vol. 4
  • Winter Soldier Vol. 1
  • Winter Soldier Vol. 2
  • Winter Soldier Vol. 3

So that's a total of twenty-six TPBs. So far I've only got Marvels Project, Winter Soldier, Red Menace, Death of Cap Vol. 2, and Reborn. If you know of any books that I might be missing, do let me know!

#2 Posted by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Ed did a...like a 75 anniversary special with Cap.  In it he had Steve do a good running feat IIRC.

#3 Posted by saoakden (1034 posts) - - Show Bio

I know the Death of Captain America was collected into one big book. I think it has the Tie-in to the Civil war stuff in it too. & I believe you can find Captain America lives has Road to Reborn, Reborn and I think The Man with No Face. I think you can find those books on Amazon. That might help save you some money looking for each individual book since you can get like Four big trades that have one to three books in one book.

#4 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@krauser99 said:

Ed did a...like a 75 anniversary special with Cap. In it he had Steve do a good running feat IIRC.

Oh that one's collected in the Red Menace Ultimate Collection, which I already have. Thanks anyways!

@saoakden said:

I know the Death of Captain America was collected into one big book. I think it has the Tie-in to the Civil war stuff in it too. & I believe you can find Captain America lives has Road to Reborn, Reborn and I think The Man with No Face. I think you can find those books on Amazon. That might help save you some money looking for each individual book since you can get like Four big trades that have one to three books in one book.

Yeah that's the problem, actually. I already have Death of Cap Vol. 2 and Reborn, so I don't really feel like shelling out extra cash just to get the Omnibuses. Also I prefer having individual trades since it's easier to read and hold with the hands than one big book. And my shelf's too small for a giant Omnibus, for that matter.

I'm probably wasting more money this way, but alas ;)

#5 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo.

#6 Posted by Cap10nate (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget the Winter Soldier: Winter Kills one shot. I know it is collected in the 1st omnibus but not sure where it is collected in the TPBs if it even is.

Other than that. Seems like you got it all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.