Does Cap have the same shield from his solo film in Avengers?

#1 Posted by Tyrus (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

In First Avenger, Cap's shield was obviously (stated by Stark) the rarest metal on earth - Later, Peggy shoots his shield and it leaves dents, but in Avengers his shield doesn't. Now, don't get me wrong, it's possible they could've cleaned it - it's been done in the comics before, but I'm not completely sure - someone confirm?

#2 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

movie and comics don't take place in the same continuity.

#3 Posted by Tyrus (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: I'm not bringing the comics into this - I was simply stating that in the comics Cap's shield has been fixed before - I'm asking in the movies, does Cap have a different shield from the one he had in Captain America: The First Avenger! So does he?

#4 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

idk

#5 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tyrus said:

In First Avenger, Cap's shield was obviously (stated by Stark) the rarest metal on earth - Later, Peggy shoots his shield and it leaves dents, but in Avengers his shield doesn't. Now, don't get me wrong, it's possible they could've cleaned it - it's been done in the comics before, but I'm not completely sure - someone confirm?

I don't think it leaves dents, the shield absorbed the impact, if you look closely it starts to resume it's original shape, they don't explain why(in the movie), atleast I don't remember if they do. As far as if it's the same shield I believe so, IIRC, he had it with him when they found him frozen in the bomber, but they don't really confirm it one way or the other.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.