Do you think Marvel will bring Steve Rogers back?

#1 Posted by Eradicator (306 posts) - - Show Bio

If not Captain America, do you think that Marvel will bring him back in some sort of other capacity, (kind of like Jason Todd returning as the Red Hood).

Just thought it might be something to think about!?

#2 Posted by Renegade Lantern (7285 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so Steve Rogers is Captain America! I would like to see him back as Cap. As something else I think the Cap name would be tarnished.

13th

#3 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he will come back as another character, though he has had other names besides Cap America before. I think they said he was coming back in 2008 or something.

#4 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"I think Rogers is a goner.Because he is an old hero who was frozen and came back to lead the Avengers,he doesn't have any special interests that will allow more storyline for him.Besides his love for Sharon Carter and being a soldier and constantly becoming better at it..Rogers has nothing left.I'm sure Bucky is the new Cap,I hope he can fill the spot nicely.No matter who it is though,there will always be a Captain America."
He isn't a goner, people don't stay dead in comics.
#5 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

I think killing Cap was kind of a mistake. He will be back and as Cap at some point. Like the death of Superman a flagship character produces a lot of revenue, mostly as a marketable icon rather than as a comic series. Cap's death (steve Rogers) is highly temporary.

#6 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Nobody says:
"Colt Python says:
"I think Rogers is a goner.Because he is an old hero who was frozen and came back to lead the Avengers,he doesn't have any special interests that will allow more storyline for him.Besides his love for Sharon Carter and being a soldier and constantly becoming better at it..Rogers has nothing left.I'm sure Bucky is the new Cap,I hope he can fill the spot nicely.No matter who it is though,there will always be a Captain America."
He isn't a goner, people don't stay dead in comics. "

Steve Rogers will..Remember I said it first! Killing Cap was no mistake.Marvel has done all they can with him.He's dead and he will stay that way.I'm pretty sure Bucky is the next Cap.He will run his course and then Marvel will kill him too.Alot of people died during Civil War and unless they're skrulls I don't think they'll be back.Everyone says no one dies in comics but they do if it's for a reason.Alot of people who died in Civil War were useless except for Cap and Elektra,(who may not be dead).Cap's comics got better when he died.I think Marvel is better off with him dead or with a new Cap.

"

Yeah I agree i mean i dont see anyother place he could have gone other than to die again but this time stay dead. i mean you can do the what ifs? but keep Rogers dead he was a great character but let it go on to someone else. And personally i think it should be Buckys turn for some limelight as a hero again

#7 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Darkchild says:
"Colt Python says:
"Nobody says:
"Colt Python says:
He isn't a goner, people don't stay dead in comics. "
Steve Rogers will..Remember I said it first! Killing Cap was no mistake.Marvel has done all they can with him.He's dead and he will stay that way.I'm pretty sure Bucky is the next Cap.He will run his course and then Marvel will kill him too.Alot of people died during Civil War and unless they're skrulls I don't think they'll be back.Everyone says no one dies in comics but they do if it's for a reason.Alot of people who died in Civil War were useless except for Cap and Elektra,(who may not be dead).Cap's comics got better when he died.I think Marvel is better off with him dead or with a new Cap. "
Yeah I agree i mean i dont see anyother place he could have gone other than to die *again* but this time stay dead. i mean you can do the what ifs? but keep Rogers dead he was a great character but let it go on to someone else. And personally i think it should be Buckys turn for some limelight as a hero again"

People are also forgetting that Steve has an unborn son.Sharon Carter is pregnant with his child from the randevous sex they were having during Civil War.He could grow up to be Captain America.There are so many possibilities for his storyline..they all just involve him dying.He's technically 85 anyway.He needs to R.I.P.I would rather Bucky not be Cap and there be another Cap but there is no one else qualified for that job right now, and Hawkeye said he won't do it, and although the Punisher was Cap for a while he's still hardcore old Punisher, that persona doesn't fit.

"

yeah i did forget bout the little unborn hero to be. hmmm maybe but we will have to see.

#8 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmm, they've brought less important people back from the dead in comics

Cap isn't the cap that will appear in Captain America #34 both Brudbacker and Marvel have stated it.

I'm also sure WS will become the new Cap

He has the shield, the ability, the training, he is the obvious choice, he doesn't care to use a gun, he is the principal character in the cap book right now and the new cap and him have the same pants.

Bringing Steve back wouldn't be such a strange move of Marvel, but we know that he won't be Captain America again

Only time will tell

#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

to be honest i think he should actually stay dead...

ducks the various things thrown at him

too many 'normal' people come back from the dead in comics, i think it would be a good move for marvel to break with tradition and actually leave him dead.

M

#10 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"to be honest i think he should actually stay dead...***ducks the various things thrown at him***too many 'normal' people come back from the dead in comics, i think it would be a good move for marvel to break with tradition and actually leave him dead.M"

Throws book

Uh can i have that back, im not done reading it

#11 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Mmm, they've brought less important people back from the dead in comics Cap isn't the cap that will appear in Captain America #34 both Brudbacker and Marvel have stated it. I'm also sure WS will become the new Cap He has the shield, the ability, the training, he is the obvious choice, he doesn't care to use a gun, he is the principal character in the cap book right now and the new cap and him have the same pants. Bringing Steve back wouldn't be such a strange move of Marvel, but we know that he won't be Captain America again Only time will tell"

I think WS is the new Cap because they carry the same exact gun.Bringing Steve back wouldn't be a strange move for Marvel because it's done all the time in comics but It definately will hurt Cap's sales and storyline."

I agree

But seriously I don't care if they bring him back or not

just don't do something stupid like saying that the Steve Rogers that died was a Skrull

#12 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

nah, works kept me busy, only just managed to close up :D

M

#13 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"to be honest i think he should actually stay dead...***ducks the various things thrown at him***too many 'normal' people come back from the dead in comics, i think it would be a good move for marvel to break with tradition and actually leave him dead.M"

I think the only important hero that has stayed dead is Flash (Barry Allen)

Wow glad to see you Methos, thought you had died jk jk

#14 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Methos says:
"to be honest i think he should actually stay dead... ***ducks the various things thrown at him*** too many 'normal' people come back from the dead in comics, i think it would be a good move for marvel to break with tradition and actually leave him dead. M"

I agree.Marvel can always use Cap's death in storyline to let other characters know what could happen if there was another Civil War.Also the people wh died in Civil War should also stay dead to prove characters actually do die in comics.Alot of those characters were useless anyway."

A bad thing with the return of some characters is that they have touched characters that should stay dead.

In my opinion the three characters that shouldn't come back are:

Uncle Ben, Bucky and Jason Todd

both DC and Marvel have touched the last two, hope they don't do the same with uncle ben

#15 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap's died and left a bunch of times. This time around he's just going to show up in some huge cross over when things look the most bleak and kick some ass. Then someone will say "Cap! I thought you were dead!"

And Cap will just reply, "Nope." And not mention anything else about his resurrection.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.