Do we update the entry?

#1 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Steve was the first Cap and bucky the 2nd i suggest making an alias but not a real name entry

#2 Posted by Amber (314 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that Issues 33 & 34 are out, do we update the encyclopedia entry where Steve Rogers is the "real name" of Cap and replace it with Bucky?

#3 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

i feel like joe Q would even make him Spiderman just F with our minds O.o

#4 Posted by G-Man (30696 posts) - - Show Bio

I did change the Winter Soldier page to just Bucky Barnes with Captain America and Winter Soldier as aliases. It's hard to say. Do we all really think Bucky will be Captain America from now on? Do we think that Steve will never return? I think everyone, including Bucky still feels that Steve was and is Captain America, no matter what. It's all easily changed on the page. But what about the average person that may stumble upon the page not really knowing what's going on in the comics. More people may know that Captain America is Steve Rogers versus what's really going down in the comics.

How do others feel?

Staff
#5 Posted by fesak (7034 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I did change the Winter Soldier page to just Bucky Barnes with Captain America and Winter Soldier as aliases. It's hard to say. Do we all really think Bucky will be Captain America from now on? Do we think that Steve will never return? I think everyone, including Bucky still feels that Steve was and is Captain America, no matter what. It's all easily changed on the page. But what about the average person that may stumble upon the page not really knowing what's going on in the comics. More people may know that Captain America is Steve Rogers versus what's really going down in the comics.How do others feel?"

Agreed.

#6 Posted by Amber (314 posts) - - Show Bio

I was afraid it would get messy and confusing considering that the Cap page has physical descriptions of Steve and his "powers" as they were.

#7 Posted by batpool (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, maybe just add another page....or not. I can't say I'm happy about Winter Soldier as Cap. We could just forget about it and burn all those comics.....just a thought...
#8 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

my opinion, just change the Captain America page to cover Steve Rodgers' reign as Cap and then change Winter Soldier to Captain America...

so then the page that is currently Captain America covers the Steve Rodgers era up until his death, and the Winter Soldier page continues on from where he took on the mantle.

M

#9 Posted by G-Man (30696 posts) - - Show Bio

Buuut that's not how Cascader wants it. It's like the Robin page or Flash page, it covers everyone that used the name. Sorta like Cap's page mentions Isaiah. I guess for now, we can leave it as is. We know it's not going to be forever. Steve will be back somehow. Even Hal Jordan came back from the dead. The pages are linked so people can find both pages. Just not sure if anyone feels strongly one way or the other.

Staff
#10 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

fair enough...

if they're linked i don't see a problem with leaving them as is...

M

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.