Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Confused about Captain America Reborn #1

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Ok Cap is back...YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I read this comic like 3 times and I kind of don't get somethings about it.Let's see if someone can answer my questions.

1.Why was Cap's death in Civil War more brutal than what was shown in Cap Reborn.It almost makes you think his death was retconned.Even the places he got shot were different.Oh and there was very little blood and no bullet wounds.

2.How exactly did the bring Cap back? I still don't get....and what was that flashback at the end with Bucky? The said Cap was "unstuck in time". Did they bring Cap back from another time period or what?

3.What was Bucky and Black Widow looking for?
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Vortex13

I think the unstuck in time thing means that Cap is traveling through time and is going to points in his life he already lived but with the mind he had before he died. At least that's basically what it meant in 'Slaughter House Five'.

.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By .Spider-man.

I think a lot of that is still not answered for a definite yet. We're still not sure what Bucky and Widow are looking for, but it has something to do with that machine.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

I haven't read the Captain America book since Steve died but I think I can answer your questions....maybe

1. don't know maybe it was just artistic interpretation...i really don't think any retconning happened

2. when Sharon shot Steve it was with a special gun made by Dr. Doom that unhinged Steve's mind from the timestream...basically Cap's mind is travelling through different points in his history and he can't contol it and is only now starting to realized that somethings wrong

3. Bucky and Black Widow are searching for the machine that Red Skull was going to use to bring Cap back...It's now in H.A.M.M.E.R.'S  pocession

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @danhimself said:
    " I haven't read the Captain America book since Steve died but I think I can answer your questions....maybe

1. don't know maybe it was just artistic interpretation...i really don't think any retconning happened

2. when Sharon shot Steve it was with a special gun made by Dr. Doom that unhinged Steve's mind from the timestream...basically Cap's mind is travelling through different points in his history and he can't contol it and is only now starting to realized that somethings wrong

3. Bucky and Black Widow are searching for the machine that Red Skull was going to use to bring Cap back...It's now in H.A.M.M.E.R.'S  pocession
    "
    So if Cap's mind is detached..are they going to put that mind back in his actual body or get him a host?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By danhimself
    @Vance Astro said:
    "@danhimself said:
    " I haven't read the Captain America book since Steve died but I think I can answer your questions....maybe

"
    So if Cap's mind is detached..are they going to put that mind back in his actual body or get him a host?
    "

from what they showed when Red Skull was trying to do it the first time and Sharon stopped him it looked like it made him a new body
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @danhimself said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    "@danhimself said:

"
    "
    from what they showed when Red Skull was trying to do it the first time and Sharon stopped him it looked like it made him a new body "
    That's awsome.Thanks.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck

I said it before, it's like the show Quantum Leap.  Cap's traveling through different points in his life.  What would suck is if in issue #2 he lands in his body during the time he was frozen in ice.  That'd be a long and boring issue.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danhimself
    @Vance Astro said:
    "@danhimself said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    "@danhimself said:

"
    "
    from what they showed when Red Skull was trying to do it the first time and Sharon stopped him it looked like it made him a new body "
    That's awsome.Thanks.
    "
    you're welcome...those are all guesses but they sound good
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @G-Man said:
    " I said it before, it's like the show Quantum Leap.  Cap's traveling through different points in his life.  What would suck is if in issue #2 he lands in his body during the time he was frozen in ice.  That'd be a long and boring issue. "
    LOL..yea that wouldn't be very good.
    santeria_smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By santeria_smith

so u still gonna continue reading cap since it is steve rogers? u seem pretty interested, vance,lol.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Apparition
    @santeria_smith said:
    " so u still gonna continue reading cap since it is steve rogers? u seem pretty interested, vance,lol. "
    youre thinking about not reading it because its steve rogers?
    santeria_smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By santeria_smith

Nah im just joking with vance about him saying that if its steve rogers returning then he isn't going to read cap comics no more.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @santeria_smith said:
    " so u still gonna continue reading cap since it is steve rogers? u seem pretty interested, vance,lol. "
    I want to see what Ed Brubaker can make out of this.So far i'm not really impressed with the idea being used especially seeing as how they stole this idea from Batman's death.

@santeria_smith said:
    " Nah im just joking with vance about him saying that if its steve rogers returning then he isn't going to read cap comics no more. "
    I didn't know they were going to make a mini out of it I thought he was just going to return in one issue and kick Bucky out of his spot.
    santeria_smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By santeria_smith

i feel ya, man.just kidding around. lol.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @santeria_smith said:
    " i feel ya, man.just kidding around. lol. "
    I know.I just wanted to explain why i'm reading it.
    Avatar image for ben_doverand_taykit
    Ben Doverand Taykit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    " @santeria_smith said:
    I want to see what Ed Brubaker can make out of this.So far i'm not really impressed with the idea being used especially seeing as how they stole this idea from Batman's death.

@santeria_smith said:
    " Nah im just joking with vance about him saying that if its steve rogers returning then he isn't going to read cap comics no more. "
    I didn't know they were going to make a mini out of it I thought he was just going to return in one issue and kick Bucky out of his spot.
    "
    I knew this seemed familiar!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Ben Doverand Taykit said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @santeria_smith said:

@santeria_smith said:
    "
    I knew this seemed familiar! "
    Yea...I know right.Talk about lack of originality in comics.
    Avatar image for ben_doverand_taykit
    Ben Doverand Taykit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    " @Ben Doverand Taykit said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @santeria_smith said:

@santeria_smith said:
    "
    I knew this seemed familiar! "
    Yea...I know right.Talk about lack of originality in comics.
    "
    Very true. I have read both stories and it was driving me crazy that I couldn't remember where I had read the CA return. Well we can only hope that CA's return isn't horribly done. He deserves better.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Ben Doverand Taykit said:
    Very true. I have read both stories and it was driving me crazy that I couldn't remember where I had read the CA return. Well we can only hope that CA's return isn't horribly done. He deserves better. "
    Agreed.
    Avatar image for marvel_minimates
    marvel minimates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By marvel minimates
    @danhimself:
    not a new body the same body he always had
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#22  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I get how he's coming back, I'm just confused on what they'll do about his body, we know where Steve's mind is, but his body was put in the ocean in Fallen Son by Namor

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I hope they think of something clever to do with this..I really do.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lordraiden
    @Vance Astro said:
    "@danhimself said:

"
    "

I don't think his body was destroyed, and from what I read, that's what Red Skull and what's his name where trying to do before Sharon Carter, without realizing it, botched it! Think the last battle between Kraven and Spiderman, is the only comparison I can think off! Kraven wanted to prove he was better than Spidey, ie defeat him, and become him and better at it.  But if he killed him, then he wouldn't have been able to show/prove/gloat  it to Spidey, so he tranked him, buried him alive, adopted his identitiy, and when Spidey finally broke out, showed him he could take him out, do what spidey does (but better, according to Kraven) Now, the Red Skull more or less didn't really want cap dead, just seemingly, so he could take over in his absence and then bring him back, and show him that he's defeated him and that Red Skull has won and taken over in his absence and throw it in his face, and make him feel despaire and hopelessness, (kinda what Loki's been doing with Thor over in his title, playing big games with him, not really wanting to outright kill him, but make him feel despaire and misery at every turn)  that's how I see it comming together.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By danhimself
    @marvel minimates said:
    "@danhimself: not a new body the same body he always had "

Cap's body is at the body of the ocean and from what they showed in Sharon's flashback when the Skull was trying to bring him back it looked to me like the process provided him with a new body...now maybe I missed something but Skull doesn't have Cap's original body
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By danhimself

so there's an interview on IGN with Brubaker where he talks about how the events in issue 42 were actually supposed to happen way back in issue 30...so if things would have gone right with Brubaker's plan then Steve would already be back

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.