Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11751 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Chris Evans is... Captain America?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

humanfly26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Edited By humanfly26

I'm not quite sure how I feel about Chris Evans as Captain America. It must be that the first movie I ever saw him in was 'Not another Teen Movie'. I just have this vision of him in my head as this impulsive, wise-cracking tough guy. This persona fits really well into the character of Human Torch (also portrayed by Evans), but I'm not sure if the same could be said for Cap. Don't get me wrong, I respect him as an actor (I think I liked him best in Sunshine...) and as a person (anyone who would want to be part of so many comic book movies is okay in my book), I just don't think he's right for the part.

Here's hoping that he's been wrongfully type-cast and will do C.A. justice!

I'm mostly a DC guy, so I'm not even sure my opinion means much here. What do hardcore Cap fans think about this casting choice?

Avatar image for oihooliganismoi
    oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By oiHooliganismoi

cap being my fav superhero i was glad to hear evan's as cap.. cause he likes to be in comic movies... this would be his 4th comic book movie roll  i believe... he did justice  to johnny storm ... so  the respect for the source material is there... and to think a director would allow him to be act like a goof ball as steve rogers is very doubtful

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.