Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Captain America Worth it? And new costume?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kallarkz
    Hey all. I recently started branching out once more to different comics and i wanted to know if the current Captain America reads were worth it? I was going to collect Captain America Ultimate but not sure what other recent good reads of him there are. As Steve Rogers NOT Bucky. ;p 

Also i have been reading that he has a new costume... could someone post a pic of it?
    Justinpants21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Justinpants21

I'd say if you're looking into getting into some Cap, now is the best time to do so and yes, its definately worth it. Ed Brubaker's run on the series has been amazing and of all the Cap stories i've read his is my favorite. Here's the entire run of trades in order and starting from the begining would be a good place to jump in. The first volume gives alot of info about Cap's history and it was the book that got me hooked. 

Captain America: Winter Soldier: Book One 
    Captain America: Winter Soldier: Book Two  
    Captain America: Red Menace: Book One 
    Captain America: Red Menace: Book Two 
    Captain America: Civil War 
    The Death of Captain America Vol. 1: Death of a Dream 

**At this point Bucky takes over as Cap but if you read this far you'll probably be hooked and want to keep reading**

The Death of Captain America Vol. 2: The Burden of Dreams 
    The Death of Captain America Vol. 3: The Man Who Bought America 
    Captain America: The Man with no Face 
    Captain America: Road to Reborn 
    Captain America: Reborn 
    Captain America: Two Americas 
    Captain America: No Escape 

Hope this helps. I've read almost every Cap trade and while Brubaker's run is hands down the best, another awesome run from the early 80's is collected in a trade called War and Remembrance by Roger Stern and John Byrne. I can't read most older comics because they put me to sleep but this one was great. And finally as far as Cap having a new costume, you might have read that Steve Rogers is now playing a Nick Fury type of role as America's new top cop of the security of the country, and he wears a new costume, so maybe that's what you heard of. Also i heard that the Cap series is going to be relaunched in June so i guess it wouldn't surprise me if they gave him a more modern costume though as a hardcore fan i hope they don't.
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jotham
    @Kallarkz: Here's the outfit, although I'm not sure if he's still using it or not.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Steve Rogers: Super-Soldier #1
    Steve Rogers: Super-Soldier #1
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kallarkz
    @Jotham: nice. thanks man  i imagine hes gonna be getting his shield back for this new series though. 

@Justin: Ty sir. I will look for some of those 
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By PowerHerc

I'd definitely say Cap's regular series is worth it.   
    You'd have to decide for yourself on all the reent mini's and one-shots.  I'm a big Cap fan but I have only found a couple of them to my liking.
    jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By jayskee
    @Kallarkz:
    it's one of the best books marvel has
    digimod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By digimod
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kallarkz

thanks guys. i just bought the first three Ultimate C.A books yesterday and the first one was very nice.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By GTG12

His series is my favorite.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.