Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11748 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Captain America: Who Will Wield The Shield Review

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

i heard that even though the iron man series shows steve with the shield dark avengers shows bucky with it.  is that true??

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#2  Edited By HaloKing343

I like how you tried to pronounce the title. I agree, the name was sorta weird. "Who will weild the shield"... it could have been a better title. 

In terms of the book, I like the slower pace. It feels more like a Brubaker story than some of the stuff he's dished out in Reborn. I'm glad to see this sort of pacing and feel again and I hope we'll see this continue when the ongoing series returns. 

BTW, I wish I had a shield like that.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @HaloKing343: That shield is one of my prized possessions.  I feel bad for taking after Cap "died."  But Bucky's been doing fine with the replacement that Tony Stark made up.  As for the title, when it was first announced, I kept saying YIELD instead of WIELD. 
    skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By skaarason

barnes , james barnes  

i would rather have james as cap !!!!!

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @G-Man said:
    " @HaloKing343: That shield is one of my prized possessions.  I feel bad for taking after Cap "died."  But Bucky's been doing fine with the replacement that Tony Stark made up.  As for the title, when it was first announced, I kept saying YIELD instead of WIELD.  "

wait... a replacement shield?
    Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Marshal Victory

sheilds not what makes cap cap. people rember when he ( steve) was nomad?blue an yellow costume an threw stun discs?any one? 

sheild thos always ben caps. what happend to the one us agent had? hes had sevrial since the vibranium one .
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @DEGRAAF: Shhhhhh...
    Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nyogtha

If it isn't those two my money is on Walker taking over the shield. I always liked him for some odd reason.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By goldenkey

da volume is low.
    Avatar image for hero_vs__villian
    hero vs. villian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By hero vs. villian

Brubaker pulled a Bendis on thi story. He's taking a story that could probably take only 4 issues and stretching it out to about 8 issues which is compleltley uncessary.
    hero vs. villian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hero vs. villian

More and more, I'm pretty sure Bucky is going to continue being CA, and Steve Rodgers is going to become the new director of S.H.I.E.L.D. I heard of the ending in the Dark Avengers Annual, so that makes me believe even more, which is why I'm practically convinced he will.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @hero vs. villian said:
    "

More and more, I'm pretty sure Bucky is going to continue being CA, and Steve Rodgers is going to become the new director of S.H.I.E.L.D. I heard of the ending in the Dark Avengers Annual, so that makes me believe even more, which is why I'm practically convinced he will.

"

I think that would be cool. I would be very happy with that turn out. And what about this saying someone other than those two will be taking over the shield? so Bucky might still be cap but with a new weapon? or new Shield?

@G-Man said:

" @DEGRAAF: Shhhhhh... "

Why whatd i say? someone spoil it for me already 

@Marshal Victory said:
    "sheilds not what makes cap cap. people rember when he ( steve) was nomad?blue an yellow costume an threw stun discs?any one?  sheild thos always ben caps. what happend to the one us agent had? hes had sevrial since the vibranium one . "

he actually just got a new one made in the last issue by Pym. maybe Someone will make a new shield for Cap (whichever one ends up as Cap) and the old one gets destroyed or given to U.S. Agent. or hng on the wall of Steve's new hammer (shield) office.
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bruce Vain

I love Cap and I hope Steve stays on as Cap. And if not I'll have to fight you for the shield G-Man lol
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PrinceIMC

I'm kinda hoping Steve becomes the new head of SHIELD in the aftermath of Dark Reign. It'd be a nice change from Nick Fury and Tony Stark.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @DEGRAAF: I meant don't tell anyone that I have the shield...
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @PrinceIMC:
    Nah, Steve should be Cap, I always pictured him as more of a "Front line" guy anyway.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

If u don't want the shield G-Man then I will take it

Brotha-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Brotha-Man

They could always bring back the great Isaiah Bradley. I'd love that. I'd also go broke from buying all his comics though. But would it be worth it? 

Or atleast Josiah... 

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By sora_thekey

Wait I just noticed something....

I don't have CA: Reborn #5 but on issue #4 the cover says... 4 out of 5... not 6

When Tony said it on a past review I thought he meant CA Reborn: Who will Wield the Shield? as #6... but there's a #6???

Can somebody show me that?

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I might of thought that the way the story was arraigned in continuity could be part of an elaborate ploy by Marvel if it wasn't for that disclaimer in this issue. About how these events take place after the last Captain America Reborn with a little "Sorry Folks" at the end.

The thing I've been interested in the most was finding out what happened to Steve when he came to the point in his life around Civil War and the point of his 'death'.

Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @DEGRAAF said:
    "@hero vs. villian said:
    "

"

I think that would be cool. I would be very happy with that turn out. And what about this saying someone other than those two will be taking over the shield? so Bucky might still be cap but with a new weapon? or new Shield?

@G-Man said:

" @DEGRAAF: Shhhhhh... "

Why whatd i say? someone spoil it for me already 

@Marshal Victory said:
    "sheilds not what makes cap cap. people rember when he ( steve) was nomad?blue an yellow costume an threw stun discs?any one?  sheild thos always ben caps. what happend to the one us agent had? hes had sevrial since the vibranium one . "
    he actually just got a new one made in the last issue by Pym. maybe Someone will make a new shield for Cap (whichever one ends up as Cap) and the old one gets destroyed or given to U.S. Agent. or hng on the wall of Steve's new hammer (shield) office. "

er why would it be destroyed?if i recall right the sheilds been destroyed a few times.but would their be a story reson for it ?not collecting atm gona try to order trades to get cought up.
    daveydavey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By daveydavey

I've wasted too much money on Cap Reborn....I'm done.
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#23  Edited By HaloKing343
    @sora_thekey said:
    "Wait I just noticed something....  I don't have CA: Reborn #5 but on issue #4 the cover says... 4 out of 5... not 6  When Tony said it on a past review I thought he meant CA Reborn: Who will Wield the Shield? as #6... but there's a #6???  Can somebody show me that? "

Yeah, number six comes out after Captain America 602 I think.
    hero vs. villian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hero vs. villian
    @daveydavey:
    Good. Marvel doen't need your money, that's the only reason that the series is extended. To get a extra $3.99 out of fans, f#$%ing them over!
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#25  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I like Black Widow's answer...she has a point you know, there are two Iron Man's (Iron Man and War Machine), why not two Cap's? But Seige will tell us the answer to this, I have been wondering though, if you see the upcoming Captain America covers for the next few months, Bucky's on the covers, maybe while Steve's dealing with Seige, Bucky will dealing with Cap's villains (like 50's Cap?), and I have been thinking, it's not the shield that makes Captain America who he is, it's not the mask, it's not the flag. It's the person who makes Captain America. it's that American born person who know's what America is supposed to stand for, not what the SHRA or the President say's it's stands for, but what American's four fathers and all of the men and woman who died for Freedom made it stand for...that's Captain America.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Yung ANcient One
    @War Killer said:

" I like Black Widow's answer...she has a point you know, there are two Iron Man's (Iron Man and War Machine), why not two Cap's? But Seige will tell us the answer to this, I have been wondering though, if you see the upcoming Captain America covers for the next few months, Bucky's on the covers, maybe while Steve's dealing with Seige, Bucky will dealing with Cap's villains (like 50's Cap?), and I have been thinking, it's not the shield that makes Captain America who he is, it's not the mask, it's not the flag. It's the person who makes Captain America. it's that American born person who know's what America is supposed to stand for, not what the SHRA or the President say's it's stands for, but what American's four fathers and all of the men and woman who died for Freedom made it stand for...that's Captain America. "

Ok but there are more than 2 Caps already... We got... US Agent... PAtriot... Isaiah Bradley... Steve Rogers... and Bucky... while Iron Man jus has War Machine... and Iron Lad... thats it... and Iron Lads GOne... so theres 2 Iron Mans... and 4 Caps... 3 usually...
    spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By spiderpigbart

I think we ALL know who gets the sheild:   COLBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#28  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Yung ANcient One said:
    " @War Killer said:

" I like Black Widow's answer...she has a point you know, there are two Iron Man's (Iron Man and War Machine), why not two Cap's? But Seige will tell us the answer to this, I have been wondering though, if you see the upcoming Captain America covers for the next few months, Bucky's on the covers, maybe while Steve's dealing with Seige, Bucky will dealing with Cap's villains (like 50's Cap?), and I have been thinking, it's not the shield that makes Captain America who he is, it's not the mask, it's not the flag. It's the person who makes Captain America. it's that American born person who know's what America is supposed to stand for, not what the SHRA or the President say's it's stands for, but what American's four fathers and all of the men and woman who died for Freedom made it stand for...that's Captain America. "

Ok but there are more than 2 Caps already... We got... US Agent... PAtriot... Isaiah Bradley... Steve Rogers... and Bucky... while Iron Man jus has War Machine... and Iron Lad... thats it... and Iron Lads GOne... so theres 2 Iron Mans... and 4 Caps... 3 usually... "
    Actually, Isaiah doesn't count since he's been reduced to a baby stat of mind, USAgent is just a really bad rip-off of Cap and no where close to the real thing, just read Mighty Avengers and you can see how big of a tool he is, and Patriot falls into the Cap Family, probably by Nomad, but he's not as good, ot well known as either Steve or Bucky, so really, there is only been one Captain America, but now there can be two. Plus I was thinking about it, and Steve and Bucky can both wear the same uniforms they have been, it wouldn't be hard to make one of them a new shield, plus Bucky or Steve could use one of Steve's old aliases like The Captain for that matter, and Bucky could just take the "Bucky Cap" nickname and run with it.
    Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By Yung ANcient One
    @War Killer said:
    " @Yung ANcient One said:
    " @War Killer said:

Ok but there are more than 2 Caps already... We got... US Agent... PAtriot... Isaiah Bradley... Steve Rogers... and Bucky... while Iron Man jus has War Machine... and Iron Lad... thats it... and Iron Lads GOne... so theres 2 Iron Mans... and 4 Caps... 3 usually... "
    Actually, Isaiah doesn't count since he's been reduced to a baby stat of mind, USAgent is just a really bad rip-off of Cap and no where close to the real thing, just read Mighty Avengers and you can see how big of a tool he is, and Patriot falls into the Cap Family, probably by Nomad, but he's not as good, ot well known as either Steve or Bucky, so really, there is only been one Captain America, but now there can be two. Plus I was thinking about it, and Steve and Bucky can both wear the same uniforms they have been, it wouldn't be hard to make one of them a new shield, plus Bucky or Steve could use one of Steve's old aliases like The Captain for that matter, and Bucky could just take the "Bucky Cap" nickname and run with it. "
    i think thats jus excuses... theres 3 Caps IMO.... already... I know ones a tool... ones real... ones... i dunno... a Kid?... but still thats 3 now there fighting for the real one spot... i mean Iron Man is not the same as War M...IMO... but ok... i wont argue its jus a opinion after all
    drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By drawme

I don´t know whom I would like to be Cap...

girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By girth

If it was not going to be Bucky or Steve it would have to be John Walker a.k.a U.S Agent

No Caption Provided
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @G-Man said:
    " @DEGRAAF: I meant don't tell anyone that I have the shield... "

thanks, im kinda slow some times
    victorvndoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By victorvndoom

maybe bucky dont have the power to fight gods and osborn. Maybe time is nay to find a hero made out legendary stuff such as the Avengers or the real Captain America.Asgard worships real legendary heroes not replacements

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Media_Master

Sounds interesting enough.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

The only good thing about that book is that it gave me great Cap acrobatic feats I can use in battles otherwise it was garbage

hellfiregod529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By hellfiregod529

I wouldn't put it past Brubaker to have two caps going around. I see Steve getting his shield back, then buck getting a similar one, both could be Captain America. 

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#37  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Anyone else find it odd this came out BEFORE the final issue of Reborn?
    Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By Chane

Is this collected in the Reborn hardcover or will it be collected elsewhere?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.