Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11747 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Captain America tidbits for Age of Ultron

innerwolf88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By innerwolf88

I think this thread needed to be started now we are getting closer to the release of Avengers 2: Age of Ultron.

I hope you share and discuss any info we get about Captain America's involvement in the film.

For me, I have two signs which point to a possible missuse/mistreatment of the character as already happened in Avengers 1.

First, this is supposed to be the official Black Widow motorbike in AoU. Notice something weird?

No Caption Provided

Why would Steve lend his most treasured weapon to Black Widow to hang into her ride? I would understand it if they were to develop a Steve/Natasha relationship further, but it has been shown that BW will hit on Bruce Banner (WTF?) on the film. Friendzoned much?

Then, the big one. Look at what's happening to the shield.

No Caption Provided

Seriously? It got Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet to destroy it, and now Ultron is going to be able to do it?

The teaser revealed in San Diego Comic Con supposedly showed a scene with all the Avengers defeated, including Steve with his broken shield. But the latter is far more symbolic and dramatic. It's an humilliation for Cap. It's a long-lasting loss, unlike the handful of bruises the other characters are going get out of the deal.

I hope I'm just doom-mongering from some bits taken out of context and Cap will have a respectable role on this film (unlike Avengers 1 where he was used as a clown). But I fear Joss Whedon is going to ruin him once again, which is more agravating after the brilliant take on the character by the Russo brothers in CA:TWS.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell naw! Leave the shield alone! And quit breaking it every time you want to up the stakes!

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FearTheLiving

Where has hit been shown that she will hit on Bruce Banner? The only thing I've seen confirmed is that she acts like his bodyguard while he's not Hulked out. Also there is probably a reason Widow has the shield on her bike Cap is all about helping and leading the Avengers I can totally see cap giving it to her if she needs to make it to Point A without dying so he gives it to her to use. As for the shield breaking it could be setting up Black Panther. I mean he needs to get more vibranium from somewhere to repair/make a new Shield, you're also being a bit dramatic his shield has broken multiple times before Cap is the symbol the shield is just a tool the symbol uses.

Also I completely disagree that Cap was a joke in Avengers. Aside from the obvious references that he's from the 40s he's shown to be quite formidable, giving orders to the other Avengers, stopping Thor and Iron Man from fighting, and saving an entire group of civilians held hostage.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.