Captain America: The Winter Soldier Full Teaser Trailer

• 184 results
Posted by G-Man (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Yesterday Marvel Studios released a teaser for a teaser trailer. It's a silly thing but they succeeded in getting us all excited for the actual teaser. Thankfully, we do not need to wait. The moment has come. Behold the trailer.

This is the UK version but will likely be the same. The trailer was supposed to go on iTunes but still hasn't. You can check out the HD version HERE, as soon as they flip the switch on it.

What did you think? Did it change your expectations for the movie? Voice your thoughts in the comments below. Let us know what your favorite part was.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier lands in theaters on April 4, 2014.

#1 Edited by G-Man (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22996 posts) - - Show Bio

aggh! hurry!

#3 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't work

#4 Posted by grenade728 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

#5 Posted by G-Man (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Hawkguy (584 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks so epic! Way better than the first Thor 2 trailer we got! I'm glad he's not running around in the same suit as the first movie. It was always a bit too "halloween costume" looking in my opinion

#7 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man: Nevermind, the normal one works now. Thanks :)

#8 Posted by flazam (2533 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

Omg I just had an orgasm!

Falcon has wings

Cap looks sweet

Bucky grabbing the Shield ahhhhh so cool!

#10 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22996 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks awesome! yes! Except for the cheesy looking Black Widow falling part, Spoiler: The helicarriar blows up. I wish that wasn't spoiled for everyone.

#11 Posted by adamTRMM (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah this falling helicarrier..

#12 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (884 posts) - - Show Bio

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! IT LOOKS AWESOME!!! I only wish they showed Bucky more, though. Cap's suit is a big improvement over his Avengers suit, thankfully. That thing was awful.

#13 Posted by judasnixon (7209 posts) - - Show Bio

Those God Damn Helicarriers are always falling out of the sky, and crashing!

#14 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking pretty good. The Falcon part was badass.

#15 Posted by SynCig (654 posts) - - Show Bio

I AM SO PUMPED FOR THIS MOVIE!

#16 Posted by Captain13 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME.

But why do we even have helicarriers? SO much liability.

#17 Posted by danhimself (22716 posts) - - Show Bio

that looked freaking awesome!!!

#18 Edited by MrMazz (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like the Russo Brothers are hitting their 70s spy thriller vibe but with costume heroes

#19 Posted by Darkchild (41467 posts) - - Show Bio

GOD DAMN

That looks friggin awesome!!!!

#20 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: Spoiler ;) Not everybody knows who the Winter Soldier is...

This looks awesome. I think it'll surpass the first film :)

#21 Posted by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmazz: oh man I hope so

So pumped to see this story come to

Life

#22 Posted by Captain13 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

#23 Edited by Cap10nate (2734 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. That looks awesome. Think it was numbered 42 after Prison 42 as an allusion to SHIELD overstepping it's bounds. The Super Soldier uniform looks great, and Robert Redford will always be the man. It looks like it has a more serious tone and I hope that is true.

Can't wait to see my favorite story come to life in April.

Is that Fury on the operating table at 1:02?

#24 Edited by longbowhunter (7731 posts) - - Show Bio

The trailer certainly met my expectations. I hope the movie does the same.

#25 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn awesome!!!

#26 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (9327 posts) - - Show Bio

looking very promising

#27 Posted by Captain13 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

1) I hope Falcon doesn't come off as a pale imitation of Iron Man or Iron Patriot.

2) I like how all of Marvel's films are not just super hero films. Thor is a sci fi, Lord-of the Rings-style fantasy story, Cap is like a Jason Bourne or 1970s thriller, Iron Man has some classic James-Bond type stories, etc. Marvel is dominating the superhero field by diversifying the kinds of stories they tell. It makes it difficult for the competition to keep up without looking like they are ripping off Marvel.

#28 Edited by TheCannon (19457 posts) - - Show Bio

That was AWESOME. Not enough Winter Soldier, but still awesome. I can't wait for this to come out.

A bit stupid showing the Helicarrier falling though (should have saved it for the movie), but that's just my opinion.

#29 Posted by PunyParker (12603 posts) - - Show Bio

I never expected to say this about this movie,but......HOLLLLLY SH!T!!!!!

#30 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for this movie!

#31 Posted by Captain13 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

I could totally see Robert Redford being a SHIELD agent in his youth--and maybe even training Nick Fury himself. Now, I'm wondering about why Agents of SHIELD isn't on a better channel like FX, HBO, or AMC, and why it isn't a hardcore 1970s spy thriller.

#32 Edited by G_Money_Christmas (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure that if you're a comic book fan, by now I'm sure you've found out who the Winter Soldier is. It's been spoiled for years and is pretty much common knowledge in the comic book world. I don't think you can consider it a spoiler.

I think it looks like it'll surpass the first film too.

#33 Posted by HumanRocket (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

Nerd boner is fully on now. 42??? I so can't wait to take my friends to this movie they will not know how the WS is i hope they don't have any earlier mentions of who it could be in the start of he film it can be a kinda give away for those who watched the first avenger.

#34 Posted by Wilbertus (360 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!

#35 Edited by Captain13 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America

Falcon

Black Widow

Nick Fury

Crossbones

The Winter Soldier

And Robert F**KING Redford.

We have an all-star roster here, folks.

#36 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

So cool!

#37 Edited by CaptainHoopla (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy Moly! Now that's a teaser trailer! I need a frame by frame breakdown of this.

#38 Posted by ThanoStomp (794 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy sh!t. That looks badass!

Love the Captain Rogers look.

For those having problems with the typical sites getting overloaded, try http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/24/5022854/first-trailer-captain-america-the-winter-soldier

#39 Edited by CheeseSticks (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking awesome and i don't even love Cap. I wish DC would actually try to make epic movie like this.

#40 Edited by shikatema88 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks better then I thought it would am kinda looking forward to it. I like how S.H.I.E.L.D. is a part of it unlike in Iron Man 3

#41 Posted by MrDirector786 (43647 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool. I enjoyed the first movie and I'm also really looking forward to this one. As a side note, this movie comes out on my mom's birthday, and 3 days before my birthday.

#42 Edited by Onemoreposter (4101 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks infinitely better than The First Avenger. Falcon looks BOSS. The costume is MUCH better.

Cap doesn't seem 40's enough. His haircut and the way he talks are too modern. Not sure how I feel about Bucky's design. Something just seems off but I can't place it. Also, I don't think their was enough of a relationship between him and Cap in the first movie to make the reveal in this one resonate with anyone who isn't a comics fan.

We shall see.

#43 Posted by QuantomMan (215 posts) - - Show Bio

SO CANT WAIT FOR THIS

#44 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Rogers look is cool, they should keep running with that look until they decide to give him a more classical suit, not a fan of the new one.

#45 Edited by Captain13 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier's cybernetic arm looks much more advanced than anything DC has done with Cyborg. Even Iron Man looks much more advanced.

Compare Marvel and DC

Also, I wonder if WS's tech will play into Age of Ultron at all.

@onemoreposter said:

Looks infinitely better than The First Avenger. Falcon looks BOSS. The costume is MUCH better.

Cap doesn't seem 40's enough. His haircut and the way he talks are too modern. Not sure how I feel about Bucky's design. Something just seems off but I can't place it. Also, I don't think their was enough of a relationship between him and Cap in the first movie to make the reveal in this one resonate with anyone who isn't a comics fan.

We shall see.

Cap is adjusting to the modern world. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a scene like the one in the Ultimates when Wasp (in this case Black Widow) takes Cap shopping for more modern clothes (and maybe even a more modern haircut).

#46 Posted by Wolverine08 (45670 posts) - - Show Bio

Just all around awesome!

#47 Edited by Moby (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Excited!!!!!

#48 Posted by Edamame (28396 posts) - - Show Bio

Good. :)

#49 Posted by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

you're kidding right?

#50 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are my thoughts on the trailer:

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.