Captain America "The Captain"

#1 Posted by couzinit99 (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so I play heroclix and the new set "Captain America" features a figure called "The Captain" where it shows him . . .or who I think resembles U.S. Agent, but I don't know anything about this and Googles being complicated so any info would be nice! Links would work too! 

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12275 posts) - - Show Bio
@couzinit99 said:
Ok so I play heroclix and the new set "Captain America" features a figure called "The Captain" where it shows him . . .or who I think resembles U.S. Agent, but I don't know anything about this and Googles being complicated so any info would be nice! Links would work too! 
The guy from Nextwave??

#3 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

He stopped using the Captain America name for a while, and just went by The Captain for some reason.
Also used US Agent's costume, or maybe USAgent used it after, don't remember the story was terrible. 

#4 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

Back in the late '80s Captain America was informed by the US government that they owned the rights to the name and uniform of 'Captain America' and was then ordered to accept being controlled directly by the US government in his identity as Captain America. He refused, of course, and began operating under the name 'The Captain,' changing his costume (to the one we've seen the USAgent wearing for most of his career, though Steve wore it first) and was given a shield made by the Black Panther. While Steve fought crime as the Captain, a nemesis of his calling himself the 'Super-Patriot' (who was actually Johnny Walker) took on the mantle of Captain America. The new Captain America was far to violent and aggresive, leading to Steve Rogers confronting, battling and defeating him. Steve then reassumed the role of Captain America while Johnny Walker went on the become the USAgent (wearing Steve's 'Captain' uniform and carrying the matching shield). These events occured from issues #332 to 350 of "Captain America" (1968 volume).@couzinit99:

#5 Posted by Blue_Shield (746 posts) - - Show Bio

The sculpt in the new Heroclix set is based off of this issue, where the Captain (Steve Rogers) lifts Thor's hammer.

#6 Posted by couzinit99 (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Does he hold the hammer for more than one issue? And thanks for all the comments! :D 

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

@couzinit99 said:

Does he hold the hammer for more than one issue? And thanks for all the comments! :D

This is the one and only time Steve lifts Thor' hammer.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.