Captain America: Super Soldier Video Game Trailer

#1 Posted by k4tzm4n (36393 posts) - - Show Bio

"Another video game based on a super hero movie?! OH NOOOO!"  That should be what you're thinking, however, this trailer has given this game some hope for me.  It looks like they completely ripped off Batman:AA's combat system, but hey, it worked well and who doesn;t want to feel like an unstoppable bamf as Rogers? 

Staff Online
#2 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be getting it looks awesome but it also does not look like the best thing since key lime pie in other words if it came down to this or Arkham City I'm choosing Arkham City 

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (36393 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus:
There's no doubt in my mind Arkham will be leaps and bounds above this game.  Movie video game + sega = always rushed and lacking.  I'm just pleased to see this doesn't look horrible.
Staff Online
#4 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

It's going to suck, I can tell. The graphics won't be nearly that good(they probably made them look better the trailer) and the combat will be bland(you see that shield hit attack, have fun doing it in every fight in the game). 

I'm calling it now, this game will suck.

#5 Posted by k4tzm4n (36393 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite:
You're probably right. The only good video game based on a movie as of late was (shockingly) the Wolverine one.  I'm just pleased to see this trailer isn't as horrific as I thought it would be.
Staff Online
#6 Posted by King Saturn (223790 posts) - - Show Bio
it probably wont be the best game... but it should be a lot of fun hopefully... Iron Man 2 was okay... and I actually loved The Incredible Hulk...maybe this here can work
#7 Posted by Hellos (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

What wow's me is that it's still Pre-Alpha and has quite a few months before we see the final product, it looks solid enough.
#8 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, if it was going to be captain america game that won't be based on any movie, it is going to better than many super hero video games. 
Just like other games that weren't based on movies, were pretty good( Batman: AA, Spider-man: SD, Ultimate Alliance etc...). 
But it seems solid enough, IMO. 
=]

#9 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

Yo, is it me or did I see some Arkham asylum fighting moves in there? As in the flow and everything? If that is true, then that game should be sick!!!
#10 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

All I'm looking forward to is X-Men Destiny

#11 Posted by Hellos (8898 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Dead Pool said:
"All I'm looking forward to is X-Men Destiny "

Would help if they gave us something outside a really nice trailer. :P
#12 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoeRiccadonna: Looks like it, the combat looks very promising, and is that some platforming i see?
@Mr. Dead Pool:
That's awesome too, wish they would give more details than a reveal trailer though, looks like it's gonna be an RPG of sorts, IMO

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.