Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11747 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Captain America shouldn't be Captain EEUU?

• 61 results
    -Vigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By -Vigil-
    @Band Lone said:

" @Nighthunter: United Statians? :P  "

Haha, yes! From now on I shall call myself a United Statian! 

@Jotham said:

" If Captain America wasn't totally awesome, I could see how you might be offended, but he's such a heroic champion of liberty that I really don't know why anyone wouldn't want to be associated with him, however tenuously. "

I agree completely! He's the most heroic person in the entire Marvel Universe. If they had a South American character like that and named him Captain America, I'd be happy to be included!
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#52  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Why fix something that isn't broke? Sure North AMERICA may be Mexico, United States, and Canada, but does anyone else other than people in the U.S. call themselves "American"?

Honestly I don't see anything wrong with it, people thought it was fine in 1941, don't see why it would be a big deal now.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

It seems you have more of a problem with the US than Cap. As expained, we are known as Americans. South Americans are Brazilians, Chileans, Argentinians, etc. Central Americans are Hondurans, Nicaraguans, Panamanians, etc. Up here, there are Mexicans and Canadians.

I don't think there is a person in the world who would hear the name Captain America and even have to wonder what country he represents.

If you are offended by Captain America, don't buy his comics

If you are offended by the United States (aka America), then don't buy our comics

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#54  Edited By SC  Moderator

.....Wait a minute, you mean to tell me their are other American countries? Ahaha, you almost got me there for a moment. They are called States.  

Don't be an American't, be an AmeriCan! Little trick my English friend from the UK aka England, Bob the Builder taught me. 

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By PrinceIMC

I gotta say I'm Canadian and it doesn't bother me. Captain America has a ring to it. Same with Captain Britain who's domain is the British isles not just England. I'm just happy that James Hudson isn't Captain Canada. Guardian, Vindicator and even Weapon Alpha sound better than that.
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By TheCrowbar

You know what does bother me the League of Captain Britians. Worst.League.Ever.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By z3ro180
    @d34dp00l:

stop crying about the name of a character in a comic im sure if you ask marvel they will make captain south america.
    warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By warcorpse

This whole damn thread is offensive.  

Avatar image for ricardomaldonado
    ricardomaldonado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is Captain Puerto Rico

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

O_o.

No.

luy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about flagman?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.