Captain America Set Photos and Video

Posted by No_name_here (1247 posts) - - Show Bio
 At first I thought this Chris Evans... which wouldn't make sense at all, right?

Joe Johnston wasn’t kidding when he said he opted out of shooting CAPTAIN AMERICA in 3D to save money on the movie’s budget. Set photos have popped up recently depicting two scenes from the upcoming Captain America movie. While they may not be showing Cap in action, they are definitely evidence that this is a full-blown event picture with the proper scope. 

The first shoot took place this past Sunday in London’s Trafalgar Square, wherein a whole mob of extras dressed as civilians and recently-discharged servicemen reenacting celebrations for V-E Day, the surrender of the European Axis powers. These photos come from Ace Showbiz

Next up is a video Hey U Guys took of what’s left of the US army base camp set in Farnham. You’ll notice that there’s a USO stage at the head of the camp where, presumably, Cap will be entertaining troops in the gaudier version of his costume. == TEASER ==  

So, maybe these aren’t the most exciting “spy” photos and video, but they do demonstrate how this production’s dedicated to the same kind of verisimilitude that people appreciated in IRON MAN. That is, you’re really going to believe that this larger-than-life superhero actually exists in a real historical setting. The fact that they had such an elaborate production for V-E Day is actually a bit telling, as we all know Cap goes for the deep freeze before the end of the war. Perhaps this will be a scene where Peggy Carter’s somewhere in the crowd, wistful despite the celebration?

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of HYBRID BASTARDS! & UNIMAGINABLE. Order them on Amazon here & here.

#1 Posted by Moomin123 (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

These British guys better be played by British people. I hate it when American actors play British people, they always overact.
#2 Posted by The Impersonator (6696 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, these people are spoiling the scenes in the upcoming Cap movie. There is no point to capturing these photos. We're are going to see this movie anyway. Have patience, people. There is no need to take the photos of the new movie that is in production. There should be restriction of taking these photos. There should be security guards taking care of these spy photographers. We'll see the movie when it hits in theaters. I know everyone including me are excited to see this movie. But c'mon, have patience.
#3 Posted by Sidie (50 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks pretty authentic. I'm still very curious about Caps costume, but this looks good enough to stop the worrying for a bit

#4 Posted by sora_thekey (8654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123 said:
" These British guys better be played by British people. I hate it when American actors play British people, they always overact. "
They are extras... I don't think they will have lines
#5 Posted by 614azrael (10389 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Impersonator:
I kinda like it it provides confidence that it wont b trash an its not leaking anything intense. I believe holding the goods under cover is beter
#6 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3733 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" @Moomin123 said:
" These British guys better be played by British people. I hate it when American actors play British people, they always overact. "
They are extras... I don't think they will have lines "
Not to mention that I doubt they'd go to the expense of bringing American extras all the way to London when we have plenty of people here. 
#7 Posted by CaptainUseless (745 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123 said:
True.
#8 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14517 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey:@Moomin123:  they are english extras i had to turn down the work to go to a wedding lol
#9 Posted by goldenkey (3033 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's gonna be fine.  I have faith in this movie for some reason.  I want to see how agile they make Cap.  HEE HEE HEE Im excited.

#10 Posted by Jotham (4577 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks really colorful.

#11 Posted by MrMazz (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

looks pretty much like WW2 era stuff i thought the guy in the main picture with the girl was bucky at first but that cant be him and o how funny there using born in the usa 

#12 Edited by Jordanstine (942 posts) - - Show Bio
I swear, they maybe in those photos! Including 'ol Death-Head!

Oh my is that Union Jack

Wait... is that Spit Fire?? 

Bucky ??? 

Sorry, just got a little amped up on any potential cameos.
#13 Posted by difficlus (10659 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123 said:
#14 Posted by Jotham (4577 posts) - - Show Bio

But when Brits play Americans it's always totally believable.

#15 Posted by DannoMan (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good. At least they got the costumes and settings looking period appropriate.

#16 Posted by roxamilli (194 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Chris Evans in the costume already :( 

looks good though.

#17 Posted by ARMIV (3927 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie is gonna RAWK HARD!!!
#18 Posted by ForbushBug (512 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure how plunking down a couple bucks for some extras and period clothing means anything. Definitely not the biggest expense on the budget. Maybe I'm jaded but seeing a random chick in a cardigan doesn't make me say "OMG! This is a full-blown event!"

#19 Posted by Red Rum (390 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe in the film, after Cap becomes lost in the arctic, another soldier takes Steve's place so nobody figures out that Steve Rogers is Captain America.

#20 Posted by LoggerRythm (42 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say it's miscellaneous shots from the set. 
I have a better question, 
Is this for real?    
                                  Didn't he just finish shooting Lantern?

#21 Posted by theiconic (922 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123: and u dont think it anoys us wen brits or non americans  play american roles.sam worthington,  hue jackmen, russle crow, christian bale  list goes on u fart
#22 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (8326 posts) - - Show Bio

Good stuff.

#23 Posted by Mumbles (858 posts) - - Show Bio
@LoggerRythm: 

it's a good mock up of a fake movie poster. really good one though
#24 Posted by Decept-O (7679 posts) - - Show Bio

:)  Sweet. 
#25 Edited by Doctor!!!!! (2135 posts) - - Show Bio

This is looking goooooooooooddddd. 
British power!!!!!
#26 Posted by XFan616 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoggerRythm no it's not real. There was an article with that and another one. They're highly elaborate fakes placed around NYC

As for the debates, Yes, this movie is gonna rock, yes I think those are extras so it won't really matter, no I'm not excited about Chris Evans. I can think of a dozen actors who'd have done better. He's the idiot funny guy, not the heroic old fashioned type.

#27 Posted by DH69 (4324 posts) - - Show Bio

lol nobody but evans is smiling! how am i supposed to tell if they're british...oh im goin to hell for that one.

#28 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8658 posts) - - Show Bio

Still don't like the fact that Cap is in the USO.
What is he? Some kind of clown? Tsh...

#29 Posted by Ryonslaught (1635 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait for this and the avengers movie XD

#30 Posted by ComicCrazy (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.