Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Captain America's Super-Soldier outfit confirmed

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

....Crap. We have visual confirmation that the Super-Soldier art is the official uniform for Captain America 2: Winter Soldier:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Source from CBR

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Hope he never wares the helm like he did in Captain America and The Avengers.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By dernman

I like the SS one. Captain America should kick fake Fury's butt and take back his costume.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I liked his other costumes better tbh. Hpwever it might look awesome without his mask (he doesn't wear it that much anyway).

Uncommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't dislike it that much. It's a little too dark blue for me, but at least I'm getting a film based off the Winter Soldier soldier. Still blows my mind every now and then.

The pic isn't exactly top quality anyways so I'll stay calm for now.

Aria_belle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think out of everyone, Cap has the worst costume from the new movies... Thor... Hopefully this one will look a bit more beefy than it did in the Avenger movie. That outfit looked like something I sewed for my little brother at Halloween.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really is not this hard to make a good iconic Captain America costume. They literally got it right in the VERY first movie. This is the THIRD he'll be in, WHY is it this bad?! If they REALLY need to make a modern update of the old costume, then do this!

No Caption Provided

Has the superhero element they want in the red stripes and white star. Has the body armor appearance in the scales. Only thing missing is the helmet, so just drop the normal movie helmet on and you're done.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@jonsmith: Call me crazy, but I actually like this new look. In fact I loved the Super-Soldier costume. All it was missing for me was a mask and they gave him one in this so yeah, I'm completely okay with it. Don't get me wrong, I've always believed that Cap's classic costume is by far the best designed and truly timeless costumes out there. In fact it's so easy to move from style to style, as in what it looks like be it classic superhero costume to more military styled like this

No Caption Provided

In fact I love this rendition of his costume. However I'm willing to give the new one a chance since it's based on a costume I like as well and the fact it's an actual costume he's worn in the comics, unlike what was in Avengers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RisingBean

Actually prefer the Avengers classic getup. Hopefully this isn't the suit of the majority of the film. Barring that hopefully he gets something else (bucky cap suit) in the next one.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
    knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

What really sticks out to me about this guy is his nose. Anyone else? It has something to do with the helmet, it makes his face look thinner and his nose bigger by comparison, it really threw me off in the Avengers.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What really sticks out to me about this guy is his nose. Anyone else? It has something to do with the helmet, it makes his face look thinner and his nose bigger by comparison, it really threw me off in the Avengers.

Not really for me, even if I look back at pics from the Avengers now, I never get the impression that his nose is bigger. I did get the impression that Evans' 'friendly eyes' makes him look less intimidating when he's got the mask on, though.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I wish his costume was closer to the classic comic version.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

wow

hope thats not his getup for the entire movie

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that's kind of weird but then again Rhodes being Iron Patriot was kind of weird so **** it.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

It really is not this hard to make a good iconic Captain America costume. They literally got it right in the VERY first movie. This is the THIRD he'll be in, WHY is it this bad?! If they REALLY need to make a modern update of the old costume, then do this!

No Caption Provided

Has the superhero element they want in the red stripes and white star. Has the body armor appearance in the scales. Only thing missing is the helmet, so just drop the normal movie helmet on and you're done.

That costume looks very ugly, no offense to the artist. They put a lot of work and detail into it and I'm sure it took a long time. It looks kind of like scuba gear, like flippers would be on his feet and he'd be holding some goggles to put on.

@jonsmith: Call me crazy, but I actually like this new look. In fact I loved the Super-Soldier costume. All it was missing for me was a mask and they gave him one in this so yeah, I'm completely okay with it. Don't get me wrong, I've always believed that Cap's classic costume is by far the best designed and truly timeless costumes out there. In fact it's so easy to move from style to style, as in what it looks like be it classic superhero costume to more military styled like this

No Caption Provided

In fact I love this rendition of his costume. However I'm willing to give the new one a chance since it's based on a costume I like as well and the fact it's an actual costume he's worn in the comics, unlike what was in Avengers

This costume is seriously how it should be.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.