Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Captain America Question

STiKFAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By STiKFAS

Hello all! I need help I have been away from Cap. for some time now and it's been intimated to me that I should come back. With that I've been told to basically start with Brubaker's run on Cap. Now I get most of my TPB's from my local library and they seem to have MOST if not all current and former Captain America trades. SO, can someone give me a good and definitive list or starting point for Brubaker and Cap, or have ANY other suggestions on where to start. I am not a newcomer to Captain America I have a lot issues of his from the 80's into the 90's. Help!

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TypingKira

I've not read much Cap (though I'm forever suffering from Cap Fancy ;}) But from what I've heard, Brubaker's run is in fact where you should start again. 

BTW -- congrats on your first post!!! ;}
    Justinpants21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Justinpants21

Here's the entire Brubaker run in order. You won't be sorry, you picked a great time to get back into Cap.

Captain America: Winter Soldier: Book One 
    Captain America: Winter Soldier: Book Two  
    Captain America: Red Menace: Book One 
    Captain America: Red Menace: Book Two 
    Captain America: Civil War 
    The Death of Captain America Vol. 1: Death of a Dream 
    The Death of Captain America Vol. 2: The Burden of Dreams 
    The Death of Captain America Vol. 3: The Man Who Bought America 
    Captain America: The Man with no Face 
    Captain America: Road to Reborn 
    Captain America: Reborn 
    Captain America: Two Americas

Steve Rogers: Super Soldier 
    Captain America: No Escape 

Captain America: The Trial of Captain America (TPB comes out next month)

I added the Steve Rogers trade since it's also written by Brubaker and somewhat ties into the other Cap stories. Hope this helps and enjoy!

Justinpants21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Justinpants21

sorry about the spacing at the end of my list, don't know why it did that lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.