Captain America Loves Patriotism, Puppies...and Donuts?

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

When time draws nearer to the release of a superhero movie, you may notice that the film companies spend a lot of cash on marketing the film. Initially you might notice the occasional advertisement on a billboard, or banner splashed across the side of a bus -- but that's only the tip of the iceberg. Most of the time these companies integrate full concepts from the movies they partner with and the outcome isn't always very good. I mean, I am pretty sure that drinking milk will not turn me into a Green Lantern (as much as I wish that it would) and at the end of the day, I still don't really like milk. Probably because my parents forced me to drink it as a kid. Moving on...After teaming up with Marvel, Dunkin' Donuts released a pretty adorable commercial promoting the upcoming Marvel movie and some new, very patriotic food. Check out the commercial below.

I have to admit, that advertisement is actually pretty clever. PLUS it has a PUPPY. How can you deny the cuteness of the puppy? But wait, there's more!

== TEASER ==

[Dunkin' Donuts is also releasing a] special limited-edition collectible First Avenger Tri-Cup, an innovative three-chamber cup that allows guests to enjoy three different Coolatta flavors within the same cup. Also joining Dunkin’ Donuts’ famous lineup of donut varieties is the Captain America Donut (the brand’s first-ever star-shaped donut) and the Stars & Stripes Donut, both topped with patriotic red, white and blue sprinkles.

What better way to feel patriotic than by eating a star shaped, red white and blue donut from Dunkin' Donuts? I can't think of one. Jokes aside, though, the commercial was pretty cute. The two companies will also be running a contest that will win you a free 30 day Marvel digital comics subscription and a trip for two to the premiere of Captain America: First Avenger film. You can check out the official DD site for more on that. DD will also be running a contest that could win you up to $5,000; “America’s Super-Soldiers” is an online contest where people can win prizes by nominating veterans or active U.S. servicepersons who are making a difference where they live or serve.

So there you go! What do you think of the commercial and does marketing like the one seen here for Captain America: First Avenger actually make you want to check out the movie?

#1 Posted by WolfMonkey (302 posts) - - Show Bio

donuts ARE quite american

#2 Posted by nomadicxnightmare (142 posts) - - Show Bio
@WolfMonkey said:
Very true.
#3 Posted by fitchy101 (205 posts) - - Show Bio
@nomadicxnightmare said:
@WolfMonkey said:
Very true.
AND Awesome...
#4 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by Jake Fury (18664 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmm donuts...nothign better than taking a glazed donut, putting a piece of sliced cheese on top and sticking it in the microwave for a few seconds...
#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
Mmm donuts...nothign better than taking a glazed donut, putting a piece of sliced cheese on top and sticking it in the microwave for a few seconds...
I never heard of that before... I know what I'm doing later.
#7 Edited by CaptainCyke (95 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this actually plays into the "I amCaptain America" covers Marvel has been using 

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/58550/1735035-i_am_captain_america_by_gerald_parel_large.jpg

#8 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

I had one of those Coolattas this morning!

#9 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

how the hell am i supposed to drink something which has three chambers?!?!?

#10 Posted by Sky_Jokiel (304 posts) - - Show Bio

What a great commercial!!!

#11 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

That.. . is a great commercial! Lol, that's awesome XD

#12 Posted by keith71_98 (387 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this earlier...funny commercial.
#13 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Amusing enough commercial. Didn't enrage or annoy me. That's all that matters.

#14 Posted by ConstantRa1n (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Dynamite!

#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

That's... just... GENIUS!!

#16 Posted by DarkChris (303 posts) - - Show Bio

Great video. But WTF is a coolatta?

#17 Posted by Decept-O (7278 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this commercial, nicely done.   

As one who worked in bakeries a number of years I can guarantee you eating doughnuts will give you a physique similar to Captain America's.  NOT.

#18 Posted by spider-man 2996 (660 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
@Jake Fury said:
I never heard of that before... I know what I'm doing later.

I think I just vomitted in my mouth.
#19 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

that commercial was pretty cool but in my life I have never heard of a coolata before.
#20 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

Three chambers? that almost sounds like it's supposed be a freakin' engine with a slushy inside. Quite American! :D

#21 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

That's... just... GENIUS!!

second that
#22 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

product placement any one?

#23 Posted by mesosteros (145 posts) - - Show Bio

The epilogue of X-Men: First Class is JFK saying: Ich bin ein Berlinner!

#24 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG DUDES I'm drinkin one of those red coolatas RIGHT NOW! *gasp*

#25 Posted by Roninidas (383 posts) - - Show Bio

That was probably one of the best Movie Commericals I've seen in a long time.  I wish they had Dunkin Donuts in California.
#26 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

I love donuts.
#27 Posted by VanAce (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool ad. We don't have Dunkin Donuts in Australia.

#28 Posted by Tigerstriper (455 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to see the movie, but I'm stopping at DD on the way.

#29 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate comic movies but I actually thin this one might be good.

Love the commercial, love the donuts, but DD coffee is as weak as a babies arm

#30 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that commercial! I was already motivated to see the movie but now all the more so!

#31 Posted by Maki_P (275 posts) - - Show Bio

That commercial IS adorable. I don't think we'll see anything like that here in Latin America (we resent the gringos calling themselves "America" and Donuts are not an institution)

#32 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently, if you want to be a super hero, type II diabetes is even more effective than gamma radiation.

#33 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

that was pretty funny

#34 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

So THAT'S the secret super soldier serum that was lost for decades!

#35 Posted by Deadcool (6811 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL?
#36 Posted by Mercy_ (92704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jake Fury said:

O_O

#37 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome! XD

#38 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio

This is Awesome !  Really cool Idea ! I wish we had a dunkin donut here :(

#39 Posted by Ultimate_MiracleMan (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Of all the crappy ads i've seen, this is one of the better ones.

#40 Posted by DarkMatter23 (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone knows that you never run after a dog to catch it. You run the opposite direction to have it chase you.....jeez, these commercial are soooo unrealistic....... :P

#41 Posted by TheRedRobin (226 posts) - - Show Bio

I love donuts.
#42 Posted by meh_770 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

That makes me want to eat donuts...

#43 Edited by Mucklefluga (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

When the music first started playing my cat ran off! 
Or maybe she saw the Dog!
#44 Posted by DKing_CiCADA (340 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone else love the fact that the dog's name was "Stanly" 

#45 Posted by fitchy101 (205 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O said:
I love this commercial, nicely done.   

As one who worked in bakeries a number of years I can guarantee you eating doughnuts will give you a physique similar to Captain America's.  NOT.
XD Very True...
#46 Posted by fitchy101 (205 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Peter_Cosmic said:
Apparently, if you want to be a super hero, type II diabetes is even more effective than gamma radiation.
He he he...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.