Captain America: First Avenger goes Indiana Jones?

Posted by Aiden Cross (15526 posts) - - Show Bio

New 'Captain America: First Avenger' news!

New poster!
First of all, a new poster has come out very similar to the one who has been posted before by G-Man but with a couple of twists nonetheless. Personally I prefer the other one. And an interesting piece of information comes from the Herocomplex site who managed to get their hands on some information from the director Joe Johnston. One quote I found particularly interesting: 

“Sometimes when we had questions and we were stuck we would say, ‘What would Indiana Jones do? What would be the answer to this in “Raiders of the Lost Ark”?’ I’ve always loved ‘Raiders’ and the great achievement of it was the tone and the fresh feeling of the movie."

Now i'm a huge fan of Indy so for me this is only good news! Plus I think the atmosphere of the Indiana Jones movies would lend itself well for the Captain America movie.
#1 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

At least they looked in the right direction when they question how something should be. I couldn't really think of a better movie for a Captain America movie to look to then Raiders, except maybe Last Crusade.

#2 Posted by Aiden Cross (15526 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime`: Last Crusade works well too =)
#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

That does look like an Indy poster, lol 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.