Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Captain America Final Theatrical Trailer

• 90 results
    Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Om1kron

nice.

Correction : I enjoyed the movie a lot, thanks for putting the whole thing in the trailer.

CaptainCyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By CaptainCyke

I love that it highlights the best aspects of Steve that make us all love him!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Hate to admit it, but.....Caps from Brooklyn? I honestly never knew this before.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @Om1kron said:

nice.

Correction : I enjoyed the movie a lot, thanks for putting the whole thing in the trailer.

Especially the grenade thing. That would've been terrific without prior knowledge.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cattlebattle

TOOL in the trailer......nice touch

Hydra still looks like Cobra from the GI Joe Movie

and "Heroes are Made in America" LOL....what a questionable tag line. Russia had a bigger hand in stopping The Nazis than we did,BS. Not to mention are current"war on terror"
    more like "violent a-holes are made in America" (<--off topic)

Baron_Emo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Baron_Emo

I am thinking I will enjoy this more than Thor. (Not that I hated Thor or anything)

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By TypingKira

I love love love love love lovelovelovelovelovelove everything about the cap trailers. This is the best one thus far! The music is great too!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By danhimself

looks like it's going to be a pretty good movie

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Icon

This trailer won me over and I'm not a Cap fan. This just looks like too much fun to miss (love the retro-futurism). Trailer is very Iron Man in style. :]

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By DanialCarroll

Looks awesome. Made me put on Forty Six & 2 after I'd watched it :P

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By No_Name_

I'm kind of excited...and I wonder if they'll remove the "Heroes are made in America" line for the international release.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bestostero

Nerdgasm!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Babs said:

I'm kind of excited...and I wonder if they'll remove the "Heroes are made in America" line for the international release.

Ohhhhh, good question. I'll bet ya $5 they do ;)

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By -Eclipse-

As someone who saw the words 'theatrical trailer' and went "HELL NO!", I've happily avoided seeing the whole movie squashed into a three minute trailer. Honestly, some movies simply have too many trailers. The Incredible Hulk was ruined for me because every good moment in it, I had already seen. Nowadays I watch the first trailer and nothing else. I took that to the extreme in Iron Man 2, where I didn't even watch any trailers. Once a trailer came on while I was in the cinema watching something else, so I closed my eyes and plugged my ears xD

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kallarkz

Wow. This looks like it will probably be worth seeing twice. 
    I feel bad that as a Green Lantern fan....this trailer calls my attention more than nearly the entire film did. 
    Even though it wasn't all that bad. 

Can't wait!

Red Rum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Red Rum

Not a huge fan of Tool and their 7-month-long songs.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By Deranged Midget

Holy crap 0_0

fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By fbdarkangel

..... awesome! Awesome! FREAKING Awesome! other than that it's ok! ;P

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Gambit1024

I'm really looking forward to this one. Still looks a little cheesy though

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

"we will be cruel to the Germans, and through our cruelty they will know who we are. And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered, and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us. And the German won't not be able to help themselves but to imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands, and our boot heels, and the edge of our knives. And the German will be sickened by us, and the German will talk about us, and the German will fear us. And when the German closes their eyes at night and they're tortured by their subconscious for the evil they have done, it will be with thoughts of us they are tortured with."

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tonis

After seeing this and the new poster, it's very possible this could be the best Marvel movie made to date.

I'm genuinely excited to see this one now :)

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By spystreak
    @cattlebattle said:

TOOL in the trailer......nice touch  Hydra still looks like Cobra from the GI Joe Movie   and "Heroes are Made in America" LOL....what a questionable tag line. Russia had a bigger hand in stopping The Nazis than we did,BS. Not to mention are current"war on terror" more like "violent a-holes are made in America" (<--off topic)

hell Hitler had more of a hand in stopping himself than the russians did if it weren't for his incompetence and arogance we'd be speaking german right now.
    Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#23  Edited By The Impersonator

Awesome Cap trailer!

dorsk188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dorsk188

I really wish I hadn't watched that.  The grenade scene looks like it's really well written and genuinely interesting, but the suspense is gone for when I see the actual film.  I hope there's many more moments like that to make up for the ruined one.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cattlebattle
    @spystreak said:
    @cattlebattle said:

TOOL in the trailer......nice touch  Hydra still looks like Cobra from the GI Joe Movie   and "Heroes are Made in America" LOL....what a questionable tag line. Russia had a bigger hand in stopping The Nazis than we did,BS. Not to mention are current"war on terror" more like "violent a-holes are made in America" (<--off topic)

hell Hitler had more of a hand in stopping himself than the russians did if it weren't for his incompetence and arogance we'd be speaking german right now.
    actually people make a big deal about Hilter like he was the "antichrist" actually, he was an idiot with a napolean and inferiority complex, that couldn't make it into art school. He was primarily the George Bush Jr. of Germany
    KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26  Edited By KRYPTON

Best Trailer yet!

dorsk188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dorsk188

I like that they're focusing on Cap's personal heroism and patriotism.  It's really easy to make him into a star-spangled Rambo or a caricature of the golden-age war heroes, but it seems like they understand what makes Cap a compelling character in his own right, and especially after he becomes a fish out of water thrust into the 21st century.  He's a good man, as idealistic and simple that seems to cynical moviegoers (and comic fans).  Looks good.  Looks really good.

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By spystreak
    @cattlebattle said:

@spystreak said:

@cattlebattle said:

actually people make a big deal about Hilter like he was the "antichrist" actually, he was an idiot with a napolean and inferiority complex, that couldn't make it into art school. He was primarily the George Bush Jr. of Germany

funny thing you mentioned the antichrist there was apparently a document that pope Pius XII tried to exorcise Hitler at a distance and failed believeing Hitler,Stahlin were all possesed which I find extremely funny considering Hitler had faith and believed in Jesus albeit an Aryan Jesus but that's still Jesus where as Stahlin and the rest of the Communists are atheist
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cattlebattle
    @spystreak said:
    @cattlebattle said:

@spystreak said:

funny thing you mentioned the antichrist there was apparently a document that pope Pius XII tried to exorcise Hitler at a distance and failed believeing Hitler,Stahlin were all possesed which I find extremely funny considering Hitler had faith and believed in Jesus albeit an Aryan Jesus but that's still Jesus where as Stahlin and the rest of the Communists are atheist
    LOL...Religion = Idiocy
    Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Looks awesome.  I cannot wait, Looks like they captured Steve Rogers character.  

No Caption Provided
    DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#31  Edited By DMC

Can't WAIT for this one. 
    I don't expect Marvel to let me down, it should be as good as Thor at least. But hopefully this will be the best super hero film of the year.

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By spystreak
    @cattlebattle
    my thoughts exactly I look at it this way if there is a god chances are most religion has him figured all wrong
    maxicere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By maxicere

This movie will sucks... The suit is horrible. Chris Evans don't look like Steve Rogers. Hydra soldier looks like Cobra Soldiers (thanks @cattlebattle )
    I insist... The only I like in this movie is the shield...and Red Skrull

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cattlebattle
    @spystreak said:
    @cattlebattle: my thoughts exactly I look at it this way if there is a god chances are most religion has him figured all wrong
    yeah, They all war over who knows him best too, so funny,
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle
    Really??? The George Bush Jr. of Germany??? Are you really going to put that in writing and try to compare what amounts to a bad president to one of the greatest murderers in human history? Now obviously Hitler didn't murder 6 million people by himself however his ability to persuade nearly an entire nation to his way of thinking to commit such atrocity is comparable to a guy simply lied in order to invade Iraq? Somehow I don't see the scales balancing on that one. 

As for your comment about Russia......while I won't take credit away from the Russian soldiers that ensured Germany didn't succeed in their campaign the fact is Russia lost a lot more soldiers than Germany did. Had it not been for poor planning and thinning supply lines Germany could have won that front on tactics and superior technology. 

<But getting back to the main topic> 

It is disappointing how much these trailers reveal yet at the same time Marvel is making a killing at the box office so they must know what they're doing. The idea behind them is obvious.....they are trying to push as many images of Cap as possible to the non-comic book audience to entice them to see what this characters is all about. 

What I did like the most of this trailer was clearly showing that Peggy Carter had respect and some feelings for Steve before his transformation. I was a bit worried about that to be honest because we all knew they were throughing in a bit of romance and it would have felt cheap and hollow if she was completely dismissive of him before the super soldier serum. This trailer puts alot of that fear to rest by the clear expressions on her face seeing skinnny Steve's ideals and actions. Think it will make the chemistry between these two characters help carry the slower parts of the film.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cattlebattle
    @ltbrd said:
    @cattlebattle: Really??? The George Bush Jr. of Germany??? Are you really going to put that in writing and try to compare what amounts to a bad president to one of the greatest murderers in human history? Now obviously Hitler didn't murder 6 million people by himself however his ability to persuade nearly an entire nation to his way of thinking to commit such atrocity is comparable to a guy simply lied in order to invade Iraq? Somehow I don't see the scales balancing on that one.  As for your comment about Russia......while I won't take credit away from the Russian soldiers that ensured Germany didn't succeed in their campaign the fact is Russia lost a lot more soldiers than Germany did. Had it not been for poor planning and thinning supply lines Germany could have won that front on tactics and superior technology.  <But getting back to the main topic>  It is disappointing how much these trailers reveal yet at the same time Marvel is making a killing at the box office so they must know what they're doing. The idea behind them is obvious.....they are trying to push as many images of Cap as possible to the non-comic book audience to entice them to see what this characters is all about.  What I did like the most of this trailer was clearly showing that Peggy Carter had respect and some feelings for Steve before his transformation. I was a bit worried about that to be honest because we all knew they were throughing in a bit of romance and it would have felt cheap and hollow if she was completely dismissive of him before the super soldier serum. This trailer puts alot of that fear to rest by the clear expressions on her face seeing skinnny Steve's ideals and actions. Think it will make the chemistry between these two characters help carry the slower parts of the film.
    Guy...you took me waaaay out of context, I was just stating jokingly of how much of a moron he was, and simply lied to invade Iraq?? he did a lot more shady things than that.
    and Hitler didn't solely convince the nation, a lot more things happened than that LOL
    Roninidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Roninidas
    @cattlebattle said:

Seriously Dude?  I mean I know our country has its problems and we have done our fair share of questionable deeds, but we have done lot of good for ourselves and the world.   Our country has some of the greatest men in history and we have some of the finest men in our Armed Services and in just our general overall population today.  Regardless if you meant this as a joke or if you are half serious  I really think your comment is idiotic and uncalled for.
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

Looks awesome but I prefer this trailer  

robokungfu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By robokungfu

I hope this trailer has not given away much of the best parts like the ones for the previous Marvel Studios movies. I hope it avoids the Iron Man curse of two terrific first but one very ho-hum final act.

Roninidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Roninidas

I really loved this trailer.  Captain America is my favorite Super Hero character and I've had my doubts about the director and some of the things I've heard and seen, but this trailer has cleared up any doubt that I had.  I am superstoked and hyped for this movie now!  CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE IT! 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
    deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Roninidas said:
    I really think your comment is idiotic and uncalled for.
    Agreed 100%

Back on topic however. I can't wait to take my nephew to go and see this!
    Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Renee

AH-MAZING!

Drifter1699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Drifter1699
    @Roninidas said:

Regardless if you meant this as a joke or if you are half serious  I really think your comment is idiotic and uncalled for.

Amen. 
    UnosInfinitos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By UnosInfinitos

Ah they acknowledge that he's bit of an artist for the costume creation sequence awww. It's the little things in movies that decide whether I like em or not.

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Tigerstriper

Woohoo!!!!!  Cannot wait for this. IMAX here I come!

lb70145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By lb70145

Midnight showing it is!

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last time I saw a midnight show was for LOTR: Return of the King...I might just do it again for this now after seeing this...

Westlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Westlife

I like this new video thingy it plays on my Opera

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#49  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @-Eclipse- said:
    As someone who saw the words 'theatrical trailer' and went "HELL NO!", I've happily avoided seeing the whole movie squashed into a three minute trailer. Honestly, some movies simply have too many trailers. The Incredible Hulk was ruined for me because every good moment in it, I had already seen. Nowadays I watch the first trailer and nothing else. I took that to the extreme in Iron Man 2, where I didn't even watch any trailers. Once a trailer came on while I was in the cinema watching something else, so I closed my eyes and plugged my ears xD
    LMBO I did the same thing for the Cap trailer when I went to see Thor xD
    Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By Man of Lengend

epic win

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.