Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Captain America fighting style in movie

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

According to Chris Evans in his Yahoo interview, he said that they are basing Captain America's fighting ability off of this video. Your thoughts?

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Should work out pretty well.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AweSam

He uses the classic shield-to-face style.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Russo Brothers and Chris Evans both felt that Captain America's fluid movements aren't showcased like how they are in the comics. So they want him to move a bit inhumanly and fight with greater skill.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Looks like they're onto something.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

From the way they talk about it, I'm really quite excited. It sounds like they might be showcasing a greater level of fighting skill since Cap's resurrection. Really hope he comes across as a superhuman type fighter this time around.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@veshark said:

From the way they talk about it, I'm really quite excited. It sounds like they might be showcasing a greater level of fighting skill since Cap's resurrection. Really hope he comes across as a superhuman type fighter this time around.

The Russo brothers stated in an interview at SDCC, IIRC, that Cap has learned every fighting style in the world. Actually, now that I think about it you're the one that posted it. LOL.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@tg1982 said:

@veshark said:

The Russo brothers stated in an interview at SDCC, IIRC, that Cap has learned every fighting style in the world. Actually, now that I think about it you're the one that posted it. LOL.

Haha yeah.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Basing it off of the video game trailer? In what? Winter Soldier? Sorry I'm confused. Anyone have a link for the interview handy?

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

Basing it off of the video game trailer? In what? Winter Soldier? Sorry I'm confused. Anyone have a link for the interview handy?

Here is a link but it doesn't talk about the video game, it mentions he will know every style and incorporate it though, maybe that's what they mean? (It's in post #9, for your convenience)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'm glad to see they've taken on board the point about Cap's fighting style so to see them incorporate that into the next film will be really interesting.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I'm glad to see they've taken on board the point about Cap's fighting style so to see them incorporate that into the next film will be really interesting.

Agree. I did like how it shows him progressing, in Captain America: The First Avenger he was essentially a straight up boxer, then in Avengers his style is a bit more advanced with the kicks he'd throw in, and now he is apparently "adept at every form of hand to hand combat, known to man" to quote one of the most known Cap scans on the vine. LOL. ;-)

Avatar image for likasomeboooooooody
    likasomeboooooooody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol captain americas fighting skills are legendary. They really need to showcase the fact that he has nearly inhuman movements and reaction speed. I also hear that the cinematic cap is based off of the ultimate universes cap. If so then we need to start seeing some superhuman feats.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I WANNA SEE HIM BASH SOMEONES TEETH OUT

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.