Captain America 25

#1 Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio

Brubaker says this is gonna be huge. He's forbidden to talk about it. I know I'll be getting it.

Crap, I just looked more carefully. Blood. "Death of the Dream" Yikes.
Post Edited:2007-03-05 22:17:38

Staff
#2 Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I can't believe no one has a comment on this. Look at that picture. Almost looks like someone shot him as he's being taken away.

Staff
#3 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess it's just that we know he's not going to die. Well that's my reason anyway.

#4 Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap gets shot, Bucky takes over. Maybe Marvel wants to do something REALLY crazy. Maybe Cap will be crippled or something. This is the time where they try doing crazy stuff to get attention. Death and mayhem supposedly make better stories. They should just try writing better.

Staff
#5 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

That won't happen they will stick with death and mayhem.

#6 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#7 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Man-Thing should replace Cap for awhile. And they should get the rights to Leatherface and make him Bucky. The best team in all of Marvel.

#8 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh damm dude pain

#9 Posted by -000 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America, dead? Pretty shocking, but you have to know he's going to come back.

#10 Posted by Fark Weaselcramp (52 posts) - - Show Bio

I just assumed that was the red hand of Red L.A.M.P. on the cover.

#11 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah that's crazy. Cool cover though.

#12 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Magneto says:

"That won't happen they will stick with death and mayhem."

Death, mayhem, and shock value are the Trinity of Easy Sells.

#13 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

Prurience Man says:

"All that blood must be from Cap's castration. I'm just sayin'...."

So true......

#14 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Ronin will be the new Captain America.

#15 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

In that case, I think Apocalypse is the new Ronin.

#16 Posted by Captain Cascader (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, if anyone has time can you add some of this info (with spoiler warnings) to the cap page? We seem to be getting a lot of google traffic on captain america today and I'm guessing people wanna know the scoop.

I'd do it myself but I don't have the ish yet.

Staff
#17 Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio

He took off his mask when he surrendered. He wasn't wearing it when he was shot.

Staff
#18 Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Cascader says:

"Hey, if anyone has time can you add some of this info (with spoiler warnings) to the cap page? We seem to be getting a lot of google traffic on captain america today and I'm guessing people wanna know the scoop.I'd do it myself but I don't have the ish yet."

Okay I added the issue summary and a bit on Cap's page. Just be warned THERE ARE SPOILERS. Also I suggest you read Civil War: the Initiative for another little tidbit.

Staff
#19 Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#20 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll miss Cap:'(

#21 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap'll be back before you can say 'publicity stunt'. If it's handled well it'll be a good story, but anyone thinking Cap is gone should look at Superman, Batman, Psylocke, Green Arrow, Hawkeye......

The list goes on and on. The big two do it all the time!

#23 Posted by Shatterstar (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Stephen Colbert is the new Cap. Saw that one coming a mile away.

#25 Posted by Shatterstar (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

See if this works...

http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/flash/syndicated_player/myspace_title.swf' width='279' height='32' bgcolor='006699' flashvars='ctu=
http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/xml/data_synd_title.jhtml?vid=83567'>
src=http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/syndicated_player/index.jhtml width=340 height=290 quality=high bgcolor=006699 name=syndicated_player type=application/x-shockwave-flash flashvars='config=
http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/xml/data_synd.jhtml?vid=83567%26myspace=true'>
src="http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/images/syndicated_player/b.gif" usemap="#83567" border=0/>

Post Edited:2007-03-13 08:09:30
#26 Posted by Shatterstar (4521 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

That was awesome.....

#28 Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio

"Ladies, anybody wanna touch it?"

Works everytime...

Staff
#29 Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio

So it looks like Ms. Marvel was lying to Spider-Woman in The Initiative. I thought that was too fast to let the cat out of the bag.

Staff
#30 Posted by iSHADOW (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

after all of this wide coverage of caps death and the impact its made i dont think theyre gonna bring him back right away. and if they do bring him back so soon i think the sincerity of his death and what it means will be lost.

#31 Posted by x23.5 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. But, jeeze, people! I cannot believe that NO ONE has yet mentioned WHO has Cap's mask! Now THERE is where your storyline is going to go...

Anyway, all this "R.I.P. Cap" stuff is making me sick. Everyone KNOWS that Cap isn't dead.

That would be like permantly killing off Superman or Batman. Captain America is a comic book icon. They won't kill him off...EVER.

All this hoopla is silly. It is simply a marketing ploy, nothing more.
Post Edited:2007-03-21 02:03:21

#32 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84595 posts) - - Show Bio

He's dead for the time being, and thats bad enough. You know it didnt even hit me tell recently. God Damnit, I miss that sumbitch.

#33 Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure issue 26 is called "The Autopsy"...

Staff
#34 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably a fake body. I don't buy it.

#35 Posted by x23.5 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on, G-Man. Do you REALLY think that Cap will STAY dead? Not in comic book land. They are as bad as the Soaps are at killing off characters. (Dating myself....) Remember the Bobby Ewing shower scene from "Dallas"? Oh! It was all just a dream! lol

#36 Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio

No I don't think he's dead or will stay dead. Look how many times the Red Skull has "died." They can always use a cosmic cube to bring him back. Comic deaths mean nothing now. Thor was dead (surprisingly for a little while) and now he's coming back. Even Captain Marvel managed to come back...sorta. Marvel may have grown some balls and really wanna run with this. Maybe they're serious. But it doesn't matter if they are or not. Regardless what the decision is, somewhere down the road, whether it's 3 months or 3 years someone will okay him coming back. Part of the story is how everyone deals with it. You have Bucky, Sharon, and Tony "Douchebag" Stark who are gonna feel some guilt.

I still wanna know what Fury and Bucky's plan was. I wouldn't be surprised if someone was able to switch bodies with a super close copy of Steve. Heck, Red Skull was running around in a cloned body of Steve. For all we know, he made another one, had Crossbones (and Sharon) shoot him knowing he'd be taken to the nearest hospital, switch his body, lock him up, and do some sorta mental torture on him. You read it here first.

Staff
#37 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

i was shocked as soon as i read it. i'm lucky i got my hands on one, they were selling out every were.

#38 Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio

I got a copy of both covers. Weird cause I wanted to get a copy of the second printing but my comic store managed to get me the McGuiness cover. Still like the other better, it's just classic.

Staff
#39 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by CanadianWolverine (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, here's the thing. This is the world of Marvel, a comic book world, right? Ok, then, that established, we're talking about Captain America dying ... so, the first question that pops to mind is:

Q

"How did he die?"

A

"He was shot."

o.0 ???

He I was expecting something really big, really huge, y'know? Instead someone near the peak perfection of human (so has been shown to heal faster than normal) and combat proven is ... shot and dies. Er, does anyone see what is wrong with this? Has he ever been shot at before? Okay, have any of those shots ever hit him? What happened then? What is so different this time? Hasn't he had bigger nastier weapons pointed his direction and did those kill him then? Like say a nuclear weapon going off in his vicinity?

I'm sorry, I just don't buy it, any more than I buy any number of other super heroes pushing up daisies, especially to a bullet. Steve is just on a black ops and this is all a sham, surely.

Otherwise, I say, lets blow away a few other super heroes and villians who are no longer bullet proof anymore. Snipers are the new bad asses on the block, supers beware.

#41 Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio

In case you missed this from CNN.

And let's not forget this:

The sniper got the wrong Cap!

And on another note:

Staff
#42 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Love that 70s music. Nice shield too. Seems nice and bendy. Probably couldn't stop a spitball.

#43 Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio

Preview for issue #26 in the news section!!!

Slap!

Staff
#44 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

when is it coming out?

#45 Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio

May 23. They're giving time to put out all the Fallen Son comics. Those have been pretty good in my opinion.

Staff
#46 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

i haven't read them.

#47 Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#48 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

i gonna hit the comic hop on saturday so i might pick some up. i love free comic day and i think this year is gonna be the best.

#49 Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio

It's such a great idea. If only they could translate that into making comics cheaper. $3 a comic is getting crazy. At least I think so.

Staff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.