Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Cap's Shield+ DoomWar= No More

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Osiris1428

According to Wiki, "  The vibranium in the shield grants it unusual properties, allowing it to absorb virtually all of the kinetic impact from any blows that the shield receives without injuring Rogers in the process. The vibranium is also a factor in the way Rogers throws his shield: he often uses it to ricochet around a room and strike various opponents with little loss of velocity in its forward movement after each impact." 
    In DoomWAr#4, TaChalla gets rid of all of Earth's vibranium, but Cap still has his shield-WHAT GIVES??

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By GTG12

where does black panther put it all and i think he doesn't take his shield for some reason but can't remember why.
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Osiris1428

Well at least someone tried to answer my question.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Osiris1428:
    Black Panther didnt get rid of all the EARTHS vibranium he neutralized all of WAKANDA's vibranium
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Also, Cap's shield isn't pure vibranium. It's an amalgam of dozens of differing elements that can't be replicated. It's possible that even if BP did neutralise all Vibranium, Cap's shield wouldn't be affected.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Jotham
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    " @Osiris1428: Black Panther didnt get rid of all the EARTHS vibranium he neutralized all of WAKANDA's vibranium "
    Precisely. Although, now that I think of it, was the shield made from Wakandan vibranium?
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Green Skin
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " Also, Cap's shield isn't pure vibranium. It's an amalgam of dozens of differing elements that can't be replicated. It's possible that even if BP did neutralise all Vibranium, Cap's shield wouldn't be affected. "
    Dang you beat me to it.  Why do people always forget it's an alloy.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Green Skin said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " Also, Cap's shield isn't pure vibranium. It's an amalgam of dozens of differing elements that can't be replicated. It's possible that even if BP did neutralise all Vibranium, Cap's shield wouldn't be affected. "
    Dang you beat me to it.  Why do people always forget it's an alloy. "
    (Shrugs) It's referred to as an Adamantium/Vibranium blend in most animated media and such. That tends to stick in your head more than the actual comics, I find.
    daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By daak1212

Caps shield is a combo of metal so no it will not be effected.  Black Panther only affected his mound of Wakanda Vibranium not any in production, so I mean that his mound is just that a mound of metal while people like Gentle on the X men who use VIbranium tattoos so his powers won be affected right?  I hope my mound understanding is right and not all Vibranium is effected.  Also arent they making a new metal called reverbrium in Spiderman to replicate the loss of Vibranium...boy I went off topic as hell.
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Osiris1428

From what I understand, when Doom got a hold of the vibrianium he was able to control the trace particles all over the world. So when T'Challa got rid of it, he got rid of all of it off of Earth, @FadeToBlackBolt:  
    Do you think he should get it back? Doesn't getting rid of it plunge his nation into poverty. Also: He should have killed Doom!!

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Osiris1428: I haven't read Doomwar (it looked awful to me and I'm not really a BP fan), but it does seem silly of T'Challa to shut down his nation's prime source of defense and infrastructure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.