Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Cap's return is too soon or good timing

Avatar image for quad_sci_c5_inc_
    QUAD>SCI:C5_inc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By QUAD>SCI:C5_inc.

Steve Rogers is dead...for now. Reborn #1 is coming soon and with come Steves revival. Is it me or do you think this could have waited? I love me some captain America either it be Bucky or Steve but we all knew Steve would be back. with Captain America coming to the big screen i think the the movie comes out should be the year he retur. Who should play Steve Rogers anyway?

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Too soon he needed to be dead another 5 years then to come back.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By speedlgt

what kinda upsets me is that buckys Captain reign is so well done that it makes no sense for him to be replaced just yet. If the new captain was not good and fans didnt like him then I would say yes now is a good time. But right now it feels like bucky just hit his stride.

Avatar image for quad_sci_c5_inc_
    QUAD>SCI:C5_inc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By QUAD>SCI:C5_inc.

Def agree Buckys' Cap is pretty solid Roger's can stay dead until the series starts to blow. Its only been a year in the Marvel-verse but Rogers should stay dead for at least a couple of more years. His death was national news but i doubt his return will catch much attention

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Chaos Agent

definetly too soon

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Way too soon.He just dies two events ago.

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000

way way way way way to soon, he should ave stayed dead imo

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I was pretty sure they were going to wait till his movie came out, but the way the Marvel Universe is going they do need THE Captain America back. I mean Bucky is doing great, but someone has to snap Osborn's neck, and it doesn't look like Iron Man is up to the task and Thor is still busy with the whole mess with Asgard, so that leaves Steve Rogers back from the "dead".

Avatar image for thesavageassasin
    TheSavageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By TheSavageAssasin

I love me some STEVE!

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By Dreadmaster

YES way too soon, they should AT LEAST have waited two more storylines before they did this.

coe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By coe

I think that it's good that rogers is returning, except i hope he won't come back as capt. america. Bucky has done a good job and is finally getting recognition, i believe rogers should come back and go under one of his alias since all of america did kinda turn against him not that long ago in civil war

girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By girth

To me, I don't care how big an event is in comics. Some examples are Spider-man's unmasking & and Steve Rogers death.They were shocking, but thanks to Brand New Day & Captain America Returns those events don't mean a thing now.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#13  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Girth said:
    "To me, I don't care how big an event is in comics. Some examples are Spider-man's unmasking & and Steve Rogers death.They were shocking, but thanks to Brand New Day & Captain America Returns those events don't mean a thing now. "
    I can't say anything about Spidey, but when Steve died, the America died with him, and has been diying ever since, it's time for the Sentinel of Liberty to rise again
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By geraldthesloth

Why the hell should he come back Bucky's got a top selling book in captain america and there just gonna boot him?

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By speedlgt

now this is a golden chance that they are missing and that is to have Bucky take down osborn. that would make his HUGE in the public eye and show his true worth as Captain America.....it would also allow him to truly replace steve in the Marvel U BUT they are pulling the triger too soon on steves return. ALso in the Old Man Logan red skull kills BUCKY cap not steve to win the war aginst the heroes. I would like to see some connection with that and the regular marvel  u and not just have it be some elseworld story.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    We all knew he was coming back, but the timing is wrong. Very wrong. Makes the decision to replace him with Bucky look pointless, since Steve returns so soon...
    Deo Wade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Deo Wade

Too soon. I'm just getting used to and starting to like "Bucky Cap". He should stay dead IMO.

Speedy92286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Speedy92286

I am starting to prefer Bucky Cap to be honest. To me it is not the fact that he is coming back, but HOW. Sharon Carter? Really? This is either going to be terrible or...you know what, it is just going to be terrible and make Cap's death empty and worst of all, meaningless.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.