Cap needs a new movie costume

#1 Posted by Darksider555 (430 posts) - - Show Bio

like i said in the title,he needs a new costume,i didnt like his Avengers costume because it was to much like spandex,i liked his First Avenger movie costume better cause it made him look for what he truly is:Soldier first,hero second.

#2 Posted by War Killer (20291 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure he'll get a new one when Winter Soldier rolls around, as they normally do give the hero a new suit with each new movie. I'm hoping they'll take both the uniform's he's already worn and combine them; taking the best of both. We'll just have to wait and see what kind of design they decide to go with.

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed. Hopefully it's a tad closer to what he's wearing in Hickman's Avengers.

#4 Posted by ComicMan24 (147032 posts) - - Show Bio

The one he was wearing in his solo movie was so good. They should just have used this one, and maybe tweak it a bit if they feel like they had to make it look more modern (even though it would look just fine for the Avengers movie imo). Hopefully things will be like War Killer says and he will get a new one later.

#5 Posted by Nightwing4 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

He should get a better suit in Winter Soldier. The Avengers suit wasn't horrible but I cringed a little seeing him with his helmet on. The lack of a chinstrap made his jawline look like Batman's from The Dark Knight Returns. Weird. Add a chinstrap back and beef up the torso with more armor.

#6 Posted by Darksider555 (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: yes!!! that one is 2 good to pass up :D

#7 Posted by 80sBaby (1347 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated the costume in the Avengers. At first.

After watching it quite a few times, however, it's grown on me. I like that it looks like the comic version because it was designed by Phil Coulson, an admitted Cap fanboy. It shouldn't look as utilitarian as the WW II outfit.

The helmet is the main offense, I think. A bit of a re-design wouldn't hurt.

#8 Posted by Agha1 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the solo movie suit better though most probably in the next movie they will make a cooler suit.

#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13625 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darksider555 said:

like i said in the title,he needs a new costume,i didnt like his Avengers costume because it was to much like spandex,i liked his First Avenger movie costume better cause it made him look for what he truly is:Soldier first,hero second.

id disagree. remember Civil War?

#10 Posted by Darksider555 (430 posts) - - Show Bio

well theres that,but the average movie watcher doesent know about those stories and dont care.YET.....

#11 Posted by CapFanboy (5366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Darksider555 said:

id disagree. remember Civil War?

Agree.

@Darksider555 said:

well theres that,but the average movie watcher doesent know about those stories and dont care.YET.....

WW2 is over, it would make sense for Cap to update himself for the new age with a costume that doesn't remind him of all that he lost from the era he should have died in.

#12 Posted by Pyrogram (41269 posts) - - Show Bio

I want his ear wings

#13 Posted by StMichalofWilson (4098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Agreed. Hopefully it's a tad closer to what he's wearing in Hickman's Avengers.

Nice choice

#14 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2684 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like a more modern take on his First Avenger costume. That looked perfect!!! Just spruce it up for modern times and you got a costume!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.