Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Cap needs a new movie costume

Darksider555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Darksider555

like i said in the title,he needs a new costume,i didnt like his Avengers costume because it was to much like spandex,i liked his First Avenger movie costume better cause it made him look for what he truly is:Soldier first,hero second.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I'm pretty sure he'll get a new one when Winter Soldier rolls around, as they normally do give the hero a new suit with each new movie. I'm hoping they'll take both the uniform's he's already worn and combine them; taking the best of both. We'll just have to wait and see what kind of design they decide to go with.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

Agreed. Hopefully it's a tad closer to what he's wearing in Hickman's Avengers.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Magian  Online

The one he was wearing in his solo movie was so good. They should just have used this one, and maybe tweak it a bit if they feel like they had to make it look more modern (even though it would look just fine for the Avengers movie imo). Hopefully things will be like War Killer says and he will get a new one later.

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Nightwing4

He should get a better suit in Winter Soldier. The Avengers suit wasn't horrible but I cringed a little seeing him with his helmet on. The lack of a chinstrap made his jawline look like Batman's from The Dark Knight Returns. Weird. Add a chinstrap back and beef up the torso with more armor.

Darksider555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Darksider555

@Gambit1024: yes!!! that one is 2 good to pass up :D

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By 80sBaby

I hated the costume in the Avengers. At first.

After watching it quite a few times, however, it's grown on me. I like that it looks like the comic version because it was designed by Phil Coulson, an admitted Cap fanboy. It shouldn't look as utilitarian as the WW II outfit.

The helmet is the main offense, I think. A bit of a re-design wouldn't hurt.

Agha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Agha1

I like the solo movie suit better though most probably in the next movie they will make a cooler suit.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#9  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Darksider555 said:

like i said in the title,he needs a new costume,i didnt like his Avengers costume because it was to much like spandex,i liked his First Avenger movie costume better cause it made him look for what he truly is:Soldier first,hero second.

id disagree. remember Civil War?

Darksider555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Darksider555

well theres that,but the average movie watcher doesent know about those stories and dont care.YET.....

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By CapFanboy

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Darksider555 said:

id disagree. remember Civil War?

Agree.

@Darksider555 said:

well theres that,but the average movie watcher doesent know about those stories and dont care.YET.....

WW2 is over, it would make sense for Cap to update himself for the new age with a costume that doesn't remind him of all that he lost from the era he should have died in.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Pyrogram

I want his ear wings

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#13  Edited By StMichalofWilson

@Gambit1024 said:

Agreed. Hopefully it's a tad closer to what he's wearing in Hickman's Avengers.

Nice choice

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

I'd like a more modern take on his First Avenger costume. That looked perfect!!! Just spruce it up for modern times and you got a costume!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.