Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11751 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Cap Lovers Only

capsvibranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By capsvibranium

I literally shed a tear the day he died.  I have my reasons for loving this old, corny, non-super superhero.  What are yours?

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Lantern Prime

Awww Sh1+..........

Man don't you think its a litle too late for that? I mean its almost gonna be 2 yrs after his death and your still mourning over it?

capsvibranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By capsvibranium

it's just a respect page.  done mourning : )

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Welcome to the vine... ignore Lantern Prime, he's the local troll.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
    Captain America aka Steve Rogers was indeed a Marvel Legend... one of the Greatest Superheroes to ever live indeed

takes off crown and bows head
    BlueTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BlueTiger

The loss of Steve Rogers was indeed a tragic one. It was difficult losing two of my heroes, my Father and Cap both in the same year.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    BlueTiger said:
    "

The loss of Steve Rogers was indeed a tragic one. It was difficult losing two of my heroes, my Father and Cap both in the same year.

"
    Sorry to hear that dude.

Back on topic.I love Captain America.I like what he stands for,the way he takes bad guys how,his whole demeanor.I like the way he is such a boy scout..it's almost his powers.I love the leadership qualities and how he made the Avengers his family.Cap IMO always felt real to me,he was like the American hero we always wanted and in our minds somewhere possibly believed there was a Captain America type fighting alongside us to win the major wars.I'm not at all sad about the death of Captain America.In fact,i'm thrilled.Captain America is an example..his death was a milestone for comics.It was the first comic book death I read that I actually go emotional about.It's obvious that alot of other people felt the same way I did.It was also the first death I felt had a message.Cap was made the martyr of a situation that superheroes shouldn't have to endure..he became the symbol of what could happen if there is ever another Civil War amongst heroes..and lastly with the return of Bucky and his becoming Captain America..it shows that..no matter who is wearing the costume.There will always be a Captain America.There will always be someone to willingly carry on and fight for what he stood for.
    Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lantern Prime
    capsvibranium said:
    "it's just a respect page.  done mourning : )"

I like Cap though. I love the fact that hes all skill and no powers .
    Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
    The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lantern Prime said:
    I love the fact that hes all skill and no powers ."
    I love the fact that this isn't even true.
    Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lantern Prime

capsvibranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By capsvibranium
    Vance Astro said:
    "BlueTiger said:
    "

"
    Sorry to hear that dude.

Back on topic.I love Captain America.I like what he stands for,the way he takes bad guys how,his whole demeanor.I like the way he is such a boy scout..it's almost his powers.I love the leadership qualities and how he made the Avengers his family.Cap IMO always felt real to me,he was like the American hero we always wanted and in our minds somewhere possibly believed there was a Captain America type fighting alongside us to win the major wars.I'm not at all sad about the death of Captain America.In fact,i'm thrilled.Captain America is an example..his death was a milestone for comics.It was the first comic book death I read that I actually go emotional about.It's obvious that alot of other people felt the same way I did.It was also the first death I felt had a message.Cap was made the martyr of a situation that superheroes shouldn't have to endure..he became the symbol of what could happen if there is ever another Civil War amongst heroes..and lastly with the return of Bucky and his becoming Captain America..it shows that..no matter who is wearing the costume.There will always be a Captain America.There will always be someone to willingly carry on and fight for what he stood for.
    "
     Beautiful response. 
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By geraldthesloth
    capsvibranium said:
    "I literally shed a tear the day he died.  I have my reasons for loving this old, corny, non-super superhero.  What are yours?"
    I feel you dude

Personally Steve Rogers was up there in my favorites he inspired me as a person to always to stand up in what i believe for no matter what
    BlueTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BlueTiger
    capsvibranium said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "BlueTiger said:
    "

"
    Sorry to hear that dude.

"
     Beautiful response. "

Yeah it was.
    And I can't think of any other person that deserves to carry on that mantle more than James.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Nighthunter
    Steve Rogers, the living prove that legends live forever
    Steve Rogers, the living prove that legends live forever
    Dead Shooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dead Shooter

Cap was great. He was everything a hero should be: Honest, Brave, Cared for people. He was the hero who inspired real troops in WW2 to make it through the war. Oh and Lantern Prime he could lift 1 ton so that means he had powers

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Andferne
    Vance Astro said:
    "Back on topic.I love Captain America.I like what he stands for,the way he takes bad guys how,his whole demeanor.I like the way he is such a boy scout..it's almost his powers.I love the leadership qualities and how he made the Avengers his family.Cap IMO always felt real to me,he was like the American hero we always wanted and in our minds somewhere possibly believed there was a Captain America type fighting alongside us to win the major wars.I'm not at all sad about the death of Captain America.In fact,i'm thrilled.Captain America is an example..his death was a milestone for comics.It was the first comic book death I read that I actually go emotional about.It's obvious that alot of other people felt the same way I did.It was also the first death I felt had a message.Cap was made the martyr of a situation that superheroes shouldn't have to endure..he became the symbol of what could happen if there is ever another Civil War amongst heroes..and lastly with the return of Bucky and his becoming Captain America..it shows that..no matter who is wearing the costume.There will always be a Captain America.There will always be someone to willingly carry on and fight for what he stood for."
    How did I miss this? Vance loved the reply man, beautifully said.

Long live Captain American and what he stood for! =^_^=
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Andferne said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Back on topic.I love Captain America.I like what he stands for,the way he takes bad guys how,his whole demeanor.I like the way he is such a boy scout..it's almost his powers.I love the leadership qualities and how he made the Avengers his family.Cap IMO always felt real to me,he was like the American hero we always wanted and in our minds somewhere possibly believed there was a Captain America type fighting alongside us to win the major wars.I'm not at all sad about the death of Captain America.In fact,i'm thrilled.Captain America is an example..his death was a milestone for comics.It was the first comic book death I read that I actually go emotional about.It's obvious that alot of other people felt the same way I did.It was also the first death I felt had a message.Cap was made the martyr of a situation that superheroes shouldn't have to endure..he became the symbol of what could happen if there is ever another Civil War amongst heroes..and lastly with the return of Bucky and his becoming Captain America..it shows that..no matter who is wearing the costume.There will always be a Captain America.There will always be someone to willingly carry on and fight for what he stood for."
    How did I miss this? Vance loved the reply man, beautifully said.

Long live Captain American and what he stood for! =^_^="
    Thanks.
    Venom Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Venom Man

Cap was the best and better than Superman

Swagga Vance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Swagga Vance

Anyone who loves Cap and has not already done this should read Earth X\Paradise X\and Universe X.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lantern Prime
    Dead Shooter said:
    "Cap was great. He was everything a hero should be: Honest, Brave, Cared for people. He was the hero who inspired real troops in WW2 to make it through the war. Oh and Lantern Prime he could lift 1 ton so that means he had powers"
    He was seen bench pressing 1,250 pounds but thats not spiderman level.
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Andferne
    Lantern Prime said:
    "He was seen bench pressing 1,250 pounds but thats not spiderman level."
    Scan that I have shows him benching 1,100 pounds. There is also one with him curling 500 pounds.
    Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lantern Prime
    Andferne said:
    "Lantern Prime said:
    Scan that I have shows him benching 1,100 pounds. There is also one with him curling 500 pounds."

Well.... I wasn't off that much.
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Andferne
    Lantern Prime said:
    "Well.... I wasn't off that much."
    I was actually hoping that there was one with him lifting more. :P

Wanted to add it to my gallery. lol
    bholliday72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bholliday72

Hello.  I love Captain America and would like to add my respect to this thread.  I also have a request;

Does anyone have pictures of his shield battered/damaged/scratched/broken?  I'm going to use the pictures as a template for a tattoo.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Andferne

I checked the gallery here for his shield and there was not one in it. I don't think I have one in my gallery as well, but I do know that there is one floating around here somewhere when Thor and dented it. If I come across it again I'll post it here for you or send it to you. Not sure if it would look good as a tattoo from what I remember of the scan.

bholliday72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bholliday72

Thanks a lot.  If you do find it, please PM it to me.  I'm not going to use any particular scan for the tattoo, just print out some images of a battered shield to give to a tattoo artist so he has something to go on.  I'd then like the tattoo artist to draw his own rendition of what WOULD look good for a tattoo.

I did find a decent pic from Civil War with Iron Man holding a shield with holes in it in one hand and the American Flag in the other.  Not exactly what I'd like for a tattoo but not far off, either.

Mr. America

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mr. America

I'm new. I like the new Cap but I like Steve better I mean he was the original, he was the first, and no one can take his place.

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Nitric

Welcome Mr. America. And I understand what you're saying, but I don't quite agree. One of the coolest part about America is it's ability to adapt/change/evolve, and different times call for (cliche, I know, but:) Different measures. And I think the new Cap is more of what the Modern World needs.

I love Steve, and I prolly like him more than Bucky, but Bucky is what we need to get the job done.

Mr. America

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mr. America

I get that but I still  prefer Steve

Avatar image for blake_stormlance
    Blake Stormlance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Blake Stormlance

Cap was the best and most interesting marvel hero to read about cos he had to struggle to win. He's wasn't indestructable like most other heroes out there. When you read his comics you never knew how he was going to beat the other guy, he had to think tactically and then use skill to win rather than just being a blunt instrument that cant get hurt. I hope they bring him back one day, as long as they do it well. They may do it just after his film comes out in 2011, use the film to boost sales.

About the strength thing... benching 1100 pounds was his max, which can't be far off spiderman's strength. I thought spiderman had the proportionate strength of a spider? At max a spider can lift 8 times his body weight, spiderman weighs 75kg so should be able to lift 600kg or 1322 pounds.  

Cavalry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Cavalry

There is a reason I always have Cap leading every superhero team I imagine as an ideal team.

He's.. he's just the best hero Marvel has. (in my opinion)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By Static Shock
    The Man of Yesteryear said:
    "I love the fact that this isn't even true."
    LMFAO!
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock
    Lantern Prime said:
    That's he was benching less than that. Besides, even if it's not Spider-Man level strength, it's still superhuman. In comics, lifting anything over 800 lbs is superhuman.
    Mr. Punisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mr. Punisher

Cap Forever

Avatar image for sovereign_vance
    Sovereign Vance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By Sovereign Vance
    "Lantern Prime said:
    I love the fact that hes all skill and no powers ."
    I love the fact that this isn't even true."
    I love the fact that it is.Cap has 0 powers.
    The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve was superhuman.

Sovereign Vance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sovereign Vance
    "Steve was superhuman.
    No he wasn't.He was peak human.
    Kid Deadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kid Deadpool
    Vance Astro said:
    "BlueTiger said:
    "

"
    Sorry to hear that dude.

"
    *claps*

RIP Cap.
    The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was after the super-soldier serum. In Captain America and The Falcon #157 and 158, he is poisoned by Cobra.
    The antidote he took mixed with the super-soldier serum and afterwards he was bending steel doors with his bare hands.

Sovereign Vance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sovereign Vance
    "That was after the super-soldier serum. In Captain America and The Falcon #157 and 158, he is poisoned by Cobra.
    The antidote he took mixed with the super-soldier serum and afterwards he was bending steel doors with his bare hands.
    That was either retconned or completely ignored by writers.
    The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe, but that was why Falcon went to T'Challa to get better tech for himself. So he could keep up with Cap's newfound strength.

Sovereign Vance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sovereign Vance
    "Maybe, but that was why Falcon went to T'Challa to get better tech for himself. So he could keep up with Cap's newfound strength.
    Well Falcon is weaker than Cap regardless.
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#43  Edited By HaloKing343
    inferiorego said:
    "Welcome to the vine... ignore Lantern Prime, he's the local troll."

Boom roasted
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By PowerHerc

Why I  like Captain America:

Cap always stands up for what he believes in, no matter what it is and no matter who he's against. 
    Cap has the quintessential never-say-die attitude.  He never gives up.  Never quits; no matter what the odds. 
    Cap is unwaveringly honest and trustworthy.  His honor and integrity are incorruptible.     
    Cap always makes an effort and usually succeeds at being fair. 
    Cap is the consumate leader.  He has earned and commands the respect of all the heroes of the MU. 

Cap is the best hand- to-hand fighter in any universe. 
    Cap is a symbol of the American Dream.  A symbol of what makes America great.  Proof that anyone can become anything. 
    Cap is THE super-hero icon of World War II; the best link between what the Greatest Generation did and us comic fans. 

Captain America was one of the first superheroes I was introduced to as a kid.  He's always been the ideal person, leader and hero.

I've enjoyed him in his own titles, teaming-up with other heroes, in the Avengers, in the Invaders and in toys.   
    He's been one of the best for nearly 70 years now . . .he's one of the all-time greats!  Always will be.

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

User Lists: 87

#45  Edited By Liberty

@Lantern Prime:@Vance Astro:@geraldthesloth:@Nighthunter:@Dead Shooter:@Vance Astro:@Venom Man:  @bholliday72:@Mr. America:@Blake Stormlance:@Cavalry:@Mr. Punisher:@PowerHerc:

First let me pay respects.   Now with all due respect and I mean that.  How much do you really love Captain America.  I have had a forum now for some time where people vote for their favorite character for the greatest team ever.  About 150 people have voted so far.  Not one voted for Cap.  I really like Cap. and he is my favorite Marvel character but he is not my favorite of all time.  Is he any of yours?  Is there one person who likes the original Cap over all other heroes or is he an also ran.  To be honest I think it is a damn shame that no one has voted for him yet.  Here is my forum link.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/comic-vines-ultimate-greatest-superhero-team/571742/#322

If he is truly your favorite put your vote where it counts and show it.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PowerHerc
    @Liberty:
    Hey, I really love Cap, but he's not my favorite of all-time.  
    He's right up there though:  fourth on a list of nine fictional characters from all companies and media.
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#47  Edited By Dracade102

The Day I Met the Red Skull was the Day I Learned to Swear. 
    Fudge You, Mister Schmidt.

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

User Lists: 87

#48  Edited By Liberty
    @PowerHerc:   Who is your favorite and did you vote on my forum?
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By PowerHerc

@Liberty:
    Hercules (Marvel) is my favorite.

Also, I have now voted on your forum/thread.  Thanks for asking and for the reminder.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Awesomeness personified.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.