Can anyone reccomend me some Captain America graphic novels?

#1 Posted by JoeEddie (483 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks I would appreciate it.

#2 Posted by BR_Havoc (1286 posts) - - Show Bio

Man out of time, Winter Solider (the one were Bucky comes back) it was great. Pretty much any Captain America story that Brubaker wrote will be good. So try the beginning of his run if you like it keep reading! its one of my all time favorite runs.

#3 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeeddie said:

Thanks I would appreciate it.

Captain America: Man out of Time (Great story by Mark Waid about Cap adjusting to the 21st century. A good starting point)

Captain America: Winter Soldier (The start of Brubaker's fantastic run on the character)

The Death of Captain America (A three-part story by Brubaker about Cap's death and Bucky replacing him)

Captain America: Operation Rebirth (The classic Waid-Ron Garney run)

Captain America No More (When Cap drops the mantle and leaves the government)

#4 Posted by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier, Red Menace, Nomad, Cap Civil War, Man with No Face, Cap reborn. And all the 1940's comics

#5 Posted by DCWarFan73 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with stuff posted so far. Great stuff from Brubaker but start at the beginning of his work with Winter Soldier.

#6 Posted by captain_elburn (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier is amazing. Brubaker's stuff is incredible. I just got in the mail yesterday the Reborn hardcover, can't wait to read it.

#7 Edited by DCWarFan73 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.