Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11751 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Bucky as Cap?

Bookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Bookman

How do you feel about Winter Soilder as Cap? I personally like it. He's the only one right for the job. He was Cap's sidekick back in WWII and was a good friend and a strong ally.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I hate the idea.I like Bucky as Winter Soldier.But there has to be a new Cap and he's the best qualified.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#3  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Don't be so hard on Bucky. He's just a normal guy with a metal arm.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Buckshot says:

"Don't be so hard on Bucky. He's just a normal guy with a metal arm."

Hey,you take that back.He is an Real American Hero.....like Hulk Hogan.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By POHOCOM

If it's only temporary then he's the best logical choice. But no one could ever fill the shoes of Steve Rogers. He's not one of those characters you can replace with another brave guy. There were many unique qualities about Rogers that made Captain America the character

it was. If Rogers isn't returning, I'd rather see a whole new title created, instead of continuing the Captain America series. Let the comic series and Captain America character die with Rogers. I'm all for Bucky getting his on title with whole new identity of his own.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a867073cc016
    deactivated-5a867073cc016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Personally Bucky will never live up to Steve Rogers in my opinion, and for that reason Captain America should not be replaced...he seems more heroic having died without being replaced.

avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By avengpymhawk

I can also say that Steve Rogers will always be Captain America. Marvel tried the whole switch thing with US. Agent. It just didn't work. Bucky is just one of those characters that should have stayed dead. Now that he alive and kicking, I would rather see him be his own man. Besides there are way too many shield slinging copies out there right now. US. Agent, Battlestar, Patriot, Isiah Bradley, and Josiah X. Heck who knows maybe all these guys and Bucky, Guantlet, jack Flag, Free Spirit, New Mrs. America, and Revolutionary ( Not Skrull) can start a new team called American Crusaders. Ha!

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Apparition

he's no captain america and his shiny costume sucks.

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Iron Apollo

Is it a coincidence that he has a metal arm that can handle the Discus of Justice, did marvel plan this from the get go with the resurrection of Bucky Barnes as winter soldier?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Nighthunter

We all know that Steve Rogers will one day come back...

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Iron Apollo

Oh I forgot to mention, I don't want Steve Rogers to ever be Captain America Again, I would almost prefer this be the first time someone, a major character, wasn't brought back.

I would be okay with him being brought back, cause its comics, but not being Captain America.

You can easily write Steve Rogers being out of place in time stories without him being Cap. He will Always be the one true Cap, but he doesn't have to be Captain America by name to prove that. May Steve Rogers rest in peace.

I want to tell my kids, that I don't have, in 15- 30 years that I was there when Captain America was replaced.

I think having Buchanan Barnes as Cap is perfect, is better than perfect, its about damn time. I'm glad this was done and although Winter Soldier was awesome, it had been done before. Steve Rogers has been out of place for a long time, and Bucky is a much Fresher character for story telling.

Also thank God a sidekick has officially taken the mantle, and it could be for a long time. We all know Bruce Wayne isn't going to die soon, and if he did, he wouldn't stay dead for nearly as long as I think Steve will. (Even if he comes back, it looks to me like it will be a long time if ever for him to take back the mantle.)

Even my mother knows Bruce Wayne is Batman, most people you ever talk to know the real name of Batman. But how many non comic book readers do you know that know Captain America's name is and has been for over 60 years STEVE ROGERS? Although Captain America is a household name Steve Rogers isn't, and may never be.

How Awesome would it be for Marvel to do something no other comic company has done, replace a mainstay character someone who has been around for years, a household name, and keep it that way!

and You and I witnessed it first hand.
    Post Edited:2008-03-03 01:39:56

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Nighthunter

Iron Apollo says:

"Oh I forgot to mention, I don't want Steve Rogers to ever be Captain America Again, I would almost prefer this be the first time someone, a major character, wasn't brought back.I would be okay with him being brought back, cause its comics, but not being Captain America.You can easily write Steve Rogers being out of place in time stories without him being Cap. He will Always be the one true Cap, but he doesn't have to be Captain America by name to prove that. May Steve Rogers rest in peace.I want to tell my kids, that I don't have, in 15- 30 years that I was there when Captain America was replaced.I think having Buchanan Barnes as Cap is perfect, is better than perfect, its about damn time. I'm glad this was done and although Winter Soldier was awesome, it had been done before. Steve Rogers has been out of place for a long time, and Bucky is a much Fresher character for story telling.Also thank God a sidekick has officially taken the mantle, and it could be for a long time. We all know Bruce Wayne isn't going to die soon, and if he did, he wouldn't stay dead for nearly as long as I think Steve will. (Even if he comes back, it looks to me like it will be a long time if ever for him to take back the mantle.)Even my mother knows Bruce Wayne is Batman, most people you ever talk to know the real name of Batman. But how many non comic book readers do you know that know Captain America's name is and has been for over 60 years STEVE ROGERS? Although Captain America is a household name Steve Rogers isn't, and may never be.How Awesome would it be for Marvel to do something no other comic company has done, replace a mainstay character someone who has been around for years, a household name, and keep it that way!and You and I witnessed it first hand.
    Post Edited:2008-03-03 01:39:56"

what barry allen (flash) doesn't count? lol

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Iron Apollo

No

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Iron Apollo

aztek_the_lost says:

"Iron Apollo says:
    "No"

lol, that was pretty blunt"

If I was to explain why that would create a whole new topic to discuss, and quite frankly the Flash dying isn't nearly as big a deal as lets say characters like Superman, Batman, Captain America, Spider-man, etc... I'm referring to both the world of comics and out side if it, did the Flash dying reach the national media to the level that lets say Superman,

Robin, or Captain America dying?

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By POHOCOM

Nighthunter says:

"We all know that Steve Rogers will one day come back..."

Don't count on it. As long as sales are good, Marvel has no reason to bring Rogers back.

Also, the longer he's dead, the more difficult it will be to bring him back credibly.

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Iron Apollo

POHOCOM says:

"Nighthunter says:
    "We all know that Steve Rogers will one day come back..."

Don't count on it. As long as sales are good, Marvel has no reason to bring Rogers back.

Also, the longer he's dead, the more difficult it will be to bring him back credibly."

yes,

Joe Quesada is all about what sales render, as well as wanting to do things different than they have been done before, he wants to be remembered for his time as Editor in Chief

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.