"Big Payoff" from Dimension Z

#1 Posted by CaptainCyke (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Remender has recently came out to say that Issues 8, 9 and 10 are going to be the "big payoff" for the character building he's been doing in issues 1 through 7. He's also said how he ends the arc will likely anger people. Which got me thinking, how do you think it will all end?

Personally, rereading Issue 1 after the most recent issue, I believe the bulk of the arc has been molding Steve into the type of person that can commit to Sharon and not someone who simply "disappears into the job." With that said, it makes me feel like the arc will end with Sharon being killed.

#2 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they'll kill Sharon, if for no other reason than she's going to be in the next Captain America movie. We all know how Marvel likes to keep the MCU and 616 universes in line as close together as possible. I think it'll more likely revolve around whether or not Ian will continue to be in Steve's life.

#3 Posted by War Killer (19994 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt they'll kill Sharon off, seeing as she's only been in one issue since the new series started and would be very random in my opinion. Personally I hope, because everything Cap has been through, he will have a new look on life and, after losing twelve years of his life, will now live life to the fullest and commit to Sharon and accept her married proposal.

@tg1982 said:

I don't think they'll kill Sharon, if for no other reason than she's going to be in the next Captain America movie. We all know how Marvel likes to keep the MCU and 616 universes in line as close together as possible. I think it'll more likely revolve around whether or not Ian will continue to be in Steve's life.

Having thought about this, I actually feel that Ian will remain in Dimension Z. I have a feeling that Cap will invite him to return with him to the main Marvel Universe, but Ian will decline as he feels it's his duty to remain in Dimension Z as it's defender/protector.

#4 Posted by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should make Cap bring Ian to Earth 616

#5 Posted by IrishX (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

I dropped this series after the first 5 issues. It has to be pretty bad for me to stop reading a comic about a character I love. Cap deserves better.

#6 Edited by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Ian died in issue 8 so dont think he's gonna be coming back.

#7 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Ian died in issue 8 so dont think he's gonna be coming back.

Yup, this will have a great effect on Steve. I think the events may play out further by impacting his decisions later in the book. I think this may also strain his relationship with Sharon adding more personal tension in the book.

That is just my guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.