Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Awesome Toy Picks: Marvel Legends Captain America and Winter Soldier

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close look at a comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. With Captain America: The Winter Soldier still in theaters, we decided to take a look at some more Cap action figures. Last week we looked at the Marvel Select Winter Soldier figure. This week we're going to look at a couple of the Marvel Legends Infinite figures--Captain America and Winter Soldier.

No Caption Provided

We did look at the Red Skull figure from this line. Originally it said the second wave of figures wouldn't be released until Fall 2014. But they have been in stores for a few weeks. Now you can see all the figures in the line.

No Caption Provided

There are some that really enjoy the Marvel Legends figures. They do have more articulation than the Marvel Select. Personally, the Select figures do have more detail. They tend to be more for display while the Legends figures allow you to play or pose them in different positions. But that also means more joints and seams that can be seen.

We'll start off with the Captain America figure. This is the movie version, in his other costume.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

It's a nice touch being able to see his name on his shoulder. The sculpt makes it look like there is some texture to the suit.

There's also some detail on the other part of the shield. Rather than just give it plain straps, it looks like an actual strap. He also has a SHIELD symbol on his other shoulder.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The figure has interchangeable hands and a second, unmasked, head.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

We normally just look at a single figure but let's take a look at the Winter Soldier figure, as an added bonus.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This figure comes with a big old red gun. This is a disappointment. I mean, seriously, what's up with this? Winter Soldier should be about stealth. Perhaps if he's in a sniper position, no one would see the big red gun. What makes it worse is it doesn't really fit into either of his hands. He can hold it with both his right and left hand but you can't quite position the other arm to hold the gun up. I thought about grabbing a gun from another figure but I didn't want to add an outside accessory to this.

At least he's a pretty good looking figure.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I do like the detail on both arms. He doesn't come with interchangeable hands like the Cap figure. That means both his hands are in gun-holding position. It would've been nice if he at least came with a knife or other accessory.

He does come with an unmasked second head.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

All the figures in this line contain a piece to build a Mandroid. Each comes with a different leg.

No Caption Provided

With the two figures, you can position them either against each other or have them team up against the villains in the line.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Of course having Winter Soldier take Cap's shield makes him look even cooler. Cap doesn't look too happy about this. He'll probably want it back but...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

That's it for this week. In case you've had enough of the Captain America-related figures, we'll be sure to switch gears for the next installment.

What are your thoughts on these figures? Do you prefer the Marvel Legends or Marvel Select figures?

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

I don't really get the blue shield, would have been cooler if they gave it the more war torn look they had in the film. Also would have been nice to have a way to snap it on caps back like it did in the film. Sad that Winter Soldier doesn't have the hands or accessories like you mentioned, and the red gun makes no sense, I know he used a few in the movie mainly launchers and such, but red I mean how stealthy is that.

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Im pretty sure even in the movie the shield has the normal colours when he goes on the covert mission.

Not sure if I'll get the legends version or the select version. Not seen either in UK stores yet despite the filming being out for 3 weeks now.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
    thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wmwadeii:

I hated that blue shield so much it was so stupid. It wasn't even explained were just to assume it was a stealth shield. Also what happened to his shiled being one of a kind?

Since i don't feel like rebooting the page i'll say what else i was going to say in this. These Marvel Legends are awesome. Sucks that the second i started buying the Cap one thinking now i can relax until these three come out,these three come out. Now i gotta collect them and build the awesome robot. Why 2 Caps? Why no a Falcon or a Fury.

ZbvmX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently got the A.I.M. soldier from the same line. Thinking 'bout buying another one and hunting for a M.O.D.O.K. baf parts/fig to display in my room :D

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The blue and unpainted shields are garbage and whoever concepted and approved them should be fired. And think I'd actually go with the masked version for both of these guys.

Timotheus316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not into the figures but I would have to bust out the red paint and fix the damn shield myself. I do like the Cap outfit. It's like the one he used when he wasn't Cap for awhile in the comics. And the Bucky make up face makes him look like a KISS rejected band member. And both hands in "gun holding" positions is also a bit lame. So I would get the Cap and skip the Bucky.

thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@averywetfrog:

Ment Marvel Legend but thanks for the link only 24 dollars? Defs getting that sick Falcon toy.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

What's up with the blue shield hate? Like Cap's tactical suit, it's intended for stealth missions, so rather than having a blaring red, white, and blue scheme, it has muted colors.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Ninjablade09

@wmwadeii:

I hated that blue shield so much it was so stupid. It wasn't even explained were just to assume it was a stealth shield. Also what happened to his shiled being one of a kind?

It's the same shield just with a blue tape over it.

No Caption Provided

You can see the tape bunching up and ripping.

thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09:

Well that's less stupid but still pretty stupid. Like someones not going to suddenly see him because his Shield is blue. I still think it's a new Shield though because it's assumed we see him go home for the first time that day and his cool shiled is laying in his house. It would be assumed the other along with his suit is at Shield.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ninjablade09

@ninjablade09:

Well that's less stupid but still pretty stupid. Like someones not going to suddenly see him because his Shield is blue. I still think it's a new Shield though because it's assumed we see him go home for the first time that day and his cool shiled is laying in his house. It would be assumed the other along with his suit is at Shield.

Yeah i know. It's what I thought at first.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Makes sense the Black Widow figure isn't featured seeing as how the lowest you can get her for is 40 BUCKS. It's absurd, whoever said female figures don't sell is a moron, they're the most expensive because they are so in demand. Emma Frost? Her figure is impossible to find and if you do find it, it's like 70 dollars.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the first batch of this line (Marvel Now, WW2 Caps, Skull, Zemo, AIM and Hydra goons) and dig them. I may need to get these to finish off the line. That stealth suit has grown on me, even if the shield's cover up paint job never has.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#15  Edited By amazing_webhead

A BLUE shield!?! What the eff?!

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

#16  Edited By wmwadeii

@thewalkingdeadpool18 said:

@wmwadeii:

It's the same shield just with a blue tape over it.

You can see the tape bunching up and ripping.

I see that more of a two tone silver blue not so much blue. The toy is blatantly sky blue and has none of the blemishes which probably would make it look better.

thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for gothicshieldagent
    gothicshieldagent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The shield is vibranium,correct? It's not like it grows on trees or you can run down to Lowe's to buy it. So,it is unrealistic to think they would waste vibranium for a blue shield a stealth shield supposedly which smacks of movie hokum. It's like adamantium,it was rare until every character had some so much for Wolverine being unique when you got so many with adamantium. Same with Cap's shield or Tony Stark's chest arc reactor, how is it unique if so called rare metals and tech become commonplace? oh,hey my mini cooper has an arc reactor,vibranium mags and adamantium brakes yeah doesn't everybody.

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dreamfall31

I got both of these figures and I love them quite a bit. They're extremely detailed for $20 figures you can get at any toy store. I wish Winter Soldier came with a head that didn't have the sprayed paint raccoon eyes as Bucky only really has that for one scene. I'd prefer it maskless, but the eye makeup makes me keep the masked head on for display. The gun with him is pretty stupid and because of it's placement in the box the barrel is bent and will need to be placed under something heavy to straighten it out. Wish it came with some pistols or the grenade launcher from the movie.

Despite those setbacks it's still a fantastic figure. Cap seems to have a bit more articulation than Bucky, but both are a thousand times better than the Red Skull figure. Cap w/o his helmet is a great looking head. I'd highly recommend this to any fan of the movie and characters.

It's a shame that Black Widow ships only one figure to a box as it's impossible to find her on stores shelves.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

WS looks cool. The Cap figure is off.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.