Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Awesome Toy Picks: Captain America (Golden Age) Sixth Scale Figure from Sideshow Collectibles

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close look at a comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. This week, we're looking at a high end item. It's another amazing figure courtesy of Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys. We're going to check out the Captain America (Golden Age Version) Sixth Scale figure from Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Sideshow Collectibles always puts their figures in fancy boxes.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

If you've watched the video at the top of the page, you already know the full details of this figure. Here's the official summary:

Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys are proud to present the Captain America 'Golden Age Version' sixth scale collectible figure from the superhero blockbuster Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

The movie-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of Chris Evans as CaptainAmerica in his "Golden Age" suit from the film. Featuring a brand new helmeted head sculpt, newly developed body with tailored costume and a specially made metal circular Captain America shield with distressed effect.

You can order it here: http://bit.ly/buycapam

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The figure is available for pre-order right now. There is currently a wait-list so you won't want to delay for too long. The price is $209.99.

The detail in this figure is amazing. A couple years ago we looked at the Captain America figure from The First Avenger. You'll see a comparison in these images and a more closer look in the video above. This new figure is a huge improvement on an already great-looking figure.

This figure has a brand-new head sculpt.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The body and costume have been reworked as well. It's a lot easier to move and position this figure compared to the previous Cap. A big part of owning these figures is putting them into different positions for display.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The detail in the costume will blow you away. You can see every little stitch in the fabric and there is a bit of a distressed/work look to it. It clearly doesn't look like it came straight from the factory. The outfit looks like it's been around and seen some action. It's these little details that really make the Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys figures stand out.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

You can see the shield is distressed as well. That gives it a more realistic look, and again, is improved upon compared to the previous one. I especially love the detail on the inside of the shield and the straps.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The Chris Evans sculpt might freak you out a little. Even the eyes look like they're staring right at you.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

You can see a little paint on the head. With this being a review copy, you can see sometimes human error can happen. If this does occur with a figure you order, Sideshow is great at helping you out and include detailed instructions in the package.

No Caption Provided

I've mentioned the shield. Let's get a better look at it so you can see how it looks.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

You can also put the shield on his back. There's a little piece (seen fully in the video above) that hooks onto his back so a strap can slide right in.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The costume has a slimmer look to it. The boots are full of detail. They've paid very close attention to make sure every little bit of the figure looks great.

You'll also notice that the figure is capable of being positioned without a stand. It does come with one and you'll definitely want to use it when you put yours on display. But it's cool that despite the weight of the shield, it's still able to stand on its own.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Here's a look at the stand. It's even been redesigned a little with a sleaker look.

No Caption Provided

How does this look compared to the First Avenger version?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Again, in the video, you can really see the difference in the costume and shield. The new version is less bulky and little changes to the helmet and face are pretty cool.

No Caption Provided

Very cool but still a little creepy. In a good way.

And you've probably noticed, there are different hands you can switch out.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I love Captain America. There's no denying how great this figure looks. I really liked the First Avenger one but now, this one looks so much better.

The price is $209.99. That's pretty much the going price on these figures. You can see the amount of time and detail put in. You definitely get your money's worth. If you have any other Hot Toys or Sideshow Collectibles figures, this will look great along side them.

You can pre-order it today. Click here:http://bit.ly/buycapam for more information.

redhood21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

very nice figure. I had the 1st movie cap but I sold it :(

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I love the Winter Soldier figure, but I wish they weren't so expensive. :( I'd love to have the Winter Soldier one and even the Black Widow figure on my shelf, but not for $200+.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sweet. Well detailed craftsmanship.

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally stayed up late just to see this, thanks Tony!

Except the pre-order page was sold-out way before today ... but there are so many cool ones coming up--Punisher, TIE Fighter Pilot ... Wolverine, if you're into Canadians ... ;)

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Very impressive.

Avatar image for alwaysthebigspoon
    AlwaysTheBigSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I like the "The First Avenger" Captain America figure more. It has more of a rugged military bulky look. A look for it's time. I especially like the wing design on the helmet. I like the spray paint look more than the grooved finish.

"Winter Soldier" Captain America is sleeker and I do like the battle-damaged shield more than the shiny.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By judasnixon
    No Caption Provided

Zumafire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

$209.00 is a good price. I do have a question though.. @g_man Do you know if this statue has the magnetic eyes? Some of the Hot Toys figures have the eyes that can be moved by placing a magnet on the back of the head and moving it.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh geez. That doll's face looks like it could just come alive at any moment, and the look in its eyes feels genuinely emotional. It's awesome! I want one!

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

That face is so lifelike it actually creeps me out just a little

KyreCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really nicely done. I'm not too thrilled about the extra hands...... kind of creepy.

captain_elburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is crazy realistic. Too bad the price on Hot Toys is so insane.

Bad_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Bad_People

I actually like to face sculpt on the First Avenger one much better.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Why is it called "Golden Age"? it's clearly the movie version

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.