Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11748 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Arnim Zola's in the CAPTAIN AMERICA Movie?!

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

No Caption Provided

Ha… so after all the hoopla about who should play Cap, Bucky, the Red Skull and Peggy Carter, you figured Marvel had pulled all the rabbits out of the magic hat, right? Not so. The LA Times got wind that they’ve just announced that Toby Jones will be playing Arnim Zola in THE FIRST AVENGER: CAPTAIN AMERICA. This character actor has a had a lot of good roles, but the one that will be most relevant to genre fans is Dobby the Elf from the HARRY POTTER movies. No, he didn’t ACTUALLY play the tiny creature. He voiced it.

Odds are, you probably haven’t heard of Arnim Zola before. In short, he’s an evil Nazi eugenist who endures into present times through a freakish bio-mechanoid body. Even though he’s really one of the more obscure villains in Marvel’s pantheon (although he’s got one of Jack Kirby’s more bizarre designs), I think his casting inclusion here is a mark that we’re in store for something unique with the Cap movie. See, while there haven’t been many, there have been a few superheroe movies set during World War II (Joe Johnston’s own ROCKETEER and, I want to say, SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW). What we haven’t seen is a shared universe superhero movie, with scores of heroes and villains in addition to the main character. I was really expecting this Cap movie to be stripped down, but the inclusion of Bucky, the Invaders and, now, Arnim Zola makes it look like Marvel’s making this a lot closer to the comics. At this point, I really wouldn’t be surprised to hear that Red Skull’s flunkies Baron Von Strucker and Baron Zemo will show up in this, too.

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By doordoor123

Sounds cool. Im excited. Im more excited for this movie than i am for the Avengers movie.

Avatar image for anthony_robson92
    Anthony Robson92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Anthony Robson92

Wow this is intriguing, I'm becoming more and more excited for this film!

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

#3  Edited By lostlantern13

I would love to see Baron Zemo in this film.

Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kid_Zombie

If you read the current run of Captain America (Ed Brubakers run) you would know who he is because he is a main villan in the story lines including rebirth, winter solider and death of.
    Hes not an obscure villan to the current generation of readers who read Captain America.

Anyways sweet news! i wounder if he will be human in this and be the robot in the future.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By goldenkey

I saw "The Losers" yesturday, and even tho it sucked I feel like Chris Evans is gonna be just fine.  I saw Evans do a dramtic roll withe Jessica Beil (where's she's so hot it's sick) and he does about a kilo and a half of blow with the transporter.  Im glad they're doing these movies and coming together for a blockbuster Avengers.  I hope Avengers is 2 or 3 movies shot like Pirates of the Carribean or LOTR with cliff hangers endins like a comic book.  Cap is gonna be original because of the time setting, but you know it's gonna do good.  Thor should be okay because Branaugh is good director and takes performance seriously.  He's not t popcorn film director.  With the money they're gonna have to dish out on the actors that are gonna be in the Avengers They're gonna need it do real well in order to make money so I bet we're gonna see a few differant scripts written before it's final.

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bruce Vain

Very cool - I dig Toby Jones. I thought he was great in The Mist sucked he died in the movie.

Now let's get Christoph Waltz as Baron Zemo :D
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By -Eclipse-

I always saw Zola as just MODOK with legs... xD 

Sweet stuff though, I kinda like ol' Arnim... He's unique, you gotta give him that :P 

Though I very much doubt that he will be incredibly similar to the comics. Might just be a scientist working for the Skull. Maybe we'll see him looking more like the comics when we jump to the present?

ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ironshadow

Cool, it would be even cooler if  Von Strucker and Zemo would show up in it and maybe even  Von   Blitzschlag.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Meteorite

Eww. I hate Arnim Zola. Why can't they have Baron Zemo? He's a much better Cap villain and would be crucial to (part of) the plot.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By geraldthesloth

I like Arnim, he's a crucial cap villain that remains in obscurity.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By DH69

as long as there aint a robot running around with a face on its chest im good

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Hmm....
    this could be bad.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

I think the movie, Cap movie, should do is have little cameos of characters who apear later on. 

No Caption Provided
    Like, have a Nazi doctor in the background who wheres a cloth mask.  No speaking part, just walking around and doing things in a few scenes. 

Then later they can cast the actor they want for later to play Zemo.  That way they can hire an extra to play the part for now, and find the actor they really want later.  He is a noticable character without anything but the mask.
    or with Zola, this could be him before the robot stuff.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#14  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Sweet! I know a lot of Cap's rouges aren't as "cool" as let's say Iron Man's or Spider-Man's, but their all still interesting and evil, just read Captain America and you'll see what I mean.

I wouldn't mind seeing Batroc in the second movie, he'd bee a good villain.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @War Killer said:
    " Sweet! I know a lot of Cap's rouges aren't as "cool" as let's say Iron Man's or Spider-Man's, but their all still interesting and evil, just read Captain America and you'll see what I mean.  I wouldn't mind seeing Batroc in the second movie, he'd bee a good villain. "
    Maybe as a side villain..Batroc has a bad track record, maybe we can get Winter Soldier in the second movie as the main villain and keep Batroc as the annoying nuisance
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#16  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @geraldthesloth: That's what I'm thinking as well, since they've already mentioned Winter Soldier, I figured he'll be the "main" villain of the second, with Red Skull controlling things from the background, maybe Batroc could be like Scarecrow was in Batman Begins, not the big badguy, but a side villain like you said.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @War Killer said:
    " @geraldthesloth: That's what I'm thinking as well, since they've already mentioned Winter Soldier, I figured he'll be the "main" villain of the second, with Red Skull controlling things from the background, maybe Batroc could be like Scarecrow was in Batman Begins, not the big badguy, but a side villain like you said. "
    I like that idea
    PsychoPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By PsychoPanda

"  Odds are, you probably haven’t heard of Arnim Zola before." 

Weird, I thought I was on the COMICvine site...oh wait, I am! ;) 

Arnim Zola is a cool idea. While I would hope he looks close to his Kirby costume, chances are we'll get some sort of robotic/cyborg looking guy with a small screen on his chest. It's easy enough to "update" his look. Think of a sci-fi frankenstein-monster genius, and you really have the essence of Arnim Zola.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Gylan Thomas said:
    " Hmm.... this could be bad. "
    True.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.