Age of Captain America: Best time to be Cap fan?

#1 Posted by jayvers (58 posts) - - Show Bio

With a GREAT new Captain America series by Brubaker and McNiven and ANOTHER Cap series with Bucky AND a sensational Cap movie!!! Has there ever been a better time to be a Cap fan? http://cafurl.com?i=17300
#2 Posted by War Killer (20294 posts) - - Show Bio
Remembers what happened in Fear Itself #3...

Sadly, no it is not...... v__v
#3 Posted by Dracade102 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the 40's was the best age to be a fan of Cap. Especially if you were a kid.

#4 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
Remembers what happened in Fear Itself #3...  Sadly, no it is not...... v__v
The lows can be as meaningful as the highs. Looking back on it years from now it might seem like a part of a great time. Assuming they'll bring him back, which I'm sure they will.
#5 Edited by War Killer (20294 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:

@War Killer said:

The lows can be as meaningful as the highs. Looking back on it years from now it might seem like a part of a great time. Assuming they'll bring him back, which I'm sure they will.
Hmmmmm...
Fear Itself #4
Nope, lows are crappy too.... -__-
#6 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
#7 Posted by cattlebattle (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

The Cap movie wasn't that great IMO

and they killed Bucky!!

my answer is hell no!

#8 Posted by tg1982 (2712 posts) - - Show Bio

It mat not be the BEST time to be a Captain America fan but I think it is a GREAT time to be a Captain America fan. We have a great writer, a great artist, and IMHO a great movie, and the Avengers movie on the way. It is definately a great time to be a Cap fan.
#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24770 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: They killed Bucky in the original comic but retconed it, in fact the rule used to be no one stays dead in marvel except Uncle Ben and Bucky and besides that they didn't actually show Bucky's body so by standard action movie rules he could still be alive regardless of how unlikely it seems 
#10 Posted by Dracade102 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio

This era of Cap needs to open up a wider range of rogues... I want Heinrich Zemo, Flag-Smasher, Hate Monger or at least the Grand Director back.

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24770 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102: I've always looked at it like this if Red Skull is Cap's Lex Luthor then Zemo is his Brainiac 
#12 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: Bucky will probably return in the second movie as Winter Soldier.
#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24770 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
The guy playing him signed a 6 picture deal with Marvel and I highly doubt they'd have paid him for that deal just to get rid of him after 1 
#14 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
@Primmaster64 said:
The guy playing him signed a 6 picture deal with Marvel and I highly doubt they'd have paid him for that deal just to get rid of him after 1 
That's what I'm saying...I heard he might be the villain in CA 2.
#15 Posted by joshmightbe (24770 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: I'd rather it be Zemo with him as a side villain and set him up for a solo winter soldier movie 
#16 Posted by ARMIV (3876 posts) - - Show Bio

Any time is a great time to be a Cap fan. 

#17 Posted by tg1982 (2712 posts) - - Show Bio
@ARMIV said:
Any time is a great time to be a Cap fan. 

WORD!!!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.