A question about movie Captain America ....

#1 Posted by Bo88gdan (4647 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone else thinks that Captain America in Avengers is smaller than in First Avenger ???And also he is a lot smaller than in Comics .He should Workout more and eat Better to become closer in size with his comic counterpart.

#2 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

In regards to in the Avengers, to be fair, he was on ice for around... sixty years, was it? No food or nourishment. Even cryogenically preserved, that's gotta tax his body a little. As for smaller than in the comics, I am perfectly okay with him not looking like this:

#3 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

the acter admitted he hated working out for the movie. personnally i thought evans did fine.

#4 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

In regards to in the Avengers, to be fair, he was on ice for around... sixty years, was it? No food or nourishment. Even cryogenically preserved, that's gotta tax his body a little. As for smaller than in the comics, I am perfectly okay with him not looking like this:

You evil evil person why would you post this picture?!

#5 Posted by logy5000 (6144 posts) - - Show Bio

Evans already appeared like he was on steroids, I think putting on any more muscle would be pretty scary.

#6 Posted by Bo88gdan (4647 posts) - - Show Bio

He is not on steroids, am bigger than him and i dont use steroids ...

#7 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

He was a fine size. We don't need no Liefeld Cap scaring the audience away.

#8 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1025 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

He was a fine size. We don't need no Liefeld Cap scaring the audience away.

QFT

#9 Posted by logy5000 (6144 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bo88gdan said:

Wow, you must be pretty big.

#10 Posted by Bo88gdan (4647 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@Bo88gdan said:

Wow, you must be pretty big.

122,6 kg

#11 Posted by tg1982 (2712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bo88gdan: Someone told me it was because he filmed the movie "Puncture" prior to Avengers. In which he played a drug addicted lawyer so he had to loose the bulk to appear more strung out, so when he did Avengers he wasn't as big as he was in his solo. Not sure if it's true though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.