A Captain America tribute done by me.

#1 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

A tribute to the Sentinel of Liberty

#2 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

That's pretty good.

#3 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: Thanks!!

#4 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

huh. i thought i was in for another crappy rock video with marvel pics but this is really nice. thumbs up.

#5 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer: Thanks!

#6 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

AHA! Now THIS one I can challenge you on! Have at thee, @Smart_Dork_Dude!

#7 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: Well played my friend. Well played.

LOL! Seriously though that was great!! Really captured Cap well in yours I must say. I was going for more of a "Captain America Through the Ages" kinda thing. So anyway, what'd you think of mine?

#8 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude: An inspiring and uplifting piece. Perfectly displays Captain America's iconography and the various changes through the ages. It would have been even cooler with a brief display of the various people who temporarily held the title while Steve was on ice, such as Isaiah Bradley and the USAgent. But I fear I absolutely must subtract points from your total for not including THIS picture.

Just kidding, very well done. And I sincerely apologize if the above image caused spontaneous projectile vomiting.

#9 Edited by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: Thanks!! As far as showing who "wielded the shield" during Steve's stay in the arctic, this was a tribute to Steve himself. His time during WWII to him today as Captain America, which is why I didn't use any pics of him when he was in his Super-Soldier costume. I view Captain America as a mantle character, which he really is given how many have held it, just as I do with Spider-Man. An identity that, while not many can take on, there are quite a few that can certainly honor the legacy and make it there own. As such I might do a "Captain America Through the Ages" video at some point, show casing not just Steve, but Isiah Bradly, that 50's era Cap who's name escapes me, Bucky, etc.

And JUST when I thought I had repressed that image!!!

#10 Posted by Rabidwolfdog (259 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer said:

huh. i thought i was in for another crappy rock video with marvel pics but this is really nice. thumbs up.

I was expecting Creed or Seether to start playing lol

#11 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: oh my eyes. dude!!! dont post that anymore. please!

#12 Posted by PowerHerc (84031 posts) - - Show Bio

It's always nice to see Captain America paid tribute.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.