616 Captain America Chaotic Good or Lawful Good?

Posted by _HYDRA_ (158 posts) 1 year, 16 days ago

Poll: 616 Captain America Chaotic Good or Lawful Good? (12 votes)

He's Lawful Good 83%
He's Chaotic Good 17%

#1 Posted by PowerHerc (84031 posts) - - Show Bio

Of these options Captain America is closest to "Lawful Good" but, as Civil War showed, when he believes a law to be wrong/immoral, he will ignore and/or oppose it. I'd describe Captain America as "Moral Good."

#2 Posted by Joygirl (19970 posts) - - Show Bio

Neutral Good. Boosh.

#3 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Of these options Captain America is closest to "Lawful Good" but, as Civil War showed, when he believes a law to be wrong/immoral, he will ignore and/or oppose it. I'd describe Captain America as "Moral Good."

Agreed, he has done this in the past, going as far as giving up the Captain America mantle on occasion.

#4 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Neutral Good. Boosh.

This. He'll generally obey the laws but if they are wrong or unjust, he'll not hesitate to go against them for the greater good.

#5 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Moral good, since the law is not always right or moral.

#6 Edited by Dernman (15105 posts) - - Show Bio

He's Neutral Good although lots of modern writers write him OOC as Lawful Good.

#7 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I am sorry I just do not see him as Neutral Good, can you explain why you think he fits this category?

#8 Edited by Joygirl (19970 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211: "A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them."

#9 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Based on that response I cannot agree with Cap being Neutral Good. He fits portions of this but he will also work against them for the greater good. This leads me to Moral Good.

#10 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

Think panels places his position on the chart best.

#11 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

That supports my Moral Good opinion

photo original.gif

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.