Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

5 New Details Revealed in the Final Captain America Trailer

• 68 results
    SupahGiggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SupahGiggles

This movie looks like it's going to be a massive achievement. The way all of these Marvel movies tie in with each other is just brilliant. Great build up to the Avengers film.

Shipwreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Shipwreck

It looks like Marvel is finally going to get the movie boost it needs. I hope this movie rocks.

skaterpunk97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By skaterpunk97

I just hope the movie is gonna be better than X Men First Class

briangermain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By briangermain

Cap looks to be absolutely amazing, if it is half as good as thor It should be great, and if it is as good as it looks I hope it will create new cap fans everywhere.  I think it will likely be better than Thor, and far better than x-men first class though X:FC was actually alot better than i thought it would be... I think the only movie that stands a goood chance of being better than cap is The Avengers if they do it right.  Beyond that we'll have to wait til the next "Avatar" or "The Hobbit" movie.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By _Zombie_

Honestly, compared to the OTHER Cap movie.. they could screw up enormously and still be much better.  Not that I think they will screw up, I actually think it'll be a great movie, but the 1990's movie was just.. bad.
    Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd
    @Marshal Victory: Here friggin here.. LOL for a min I was wonderin wha he was on about.. Its a movie where an advanced formula accelerates his body to its own ultimate point of perfection/efficiency..&a cosmic cube gives a nazi science division the ability to create futuristic weapons....a lil super soldier assisted cryo wouldn be THAT out of place &is actually the only logical way forward outside of a CC Deus Ex-Machinista while still remaining faithful to comic lore.

Personally a nice touch would be if he were frozen to the rocket in the upper atmo.. (actually pretty realistic) then plummet back to earth.. where the serum kicks in &puts him into auto-hybernation right as hes instantly frozen by the northpole icewater 

But either way I think theyve already finished filming so we'll have to wait &see.. All in all looks like one helluva movie.. Marvel are tying the strings up ever so nicely.. I just wish Ed Norton was still on board..then thatd make lookin forward to Avengers even more wicked!!
    Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By buttersdaman000

Why did he jump on the bomb? 
    Everybody was already scattered away enough, the explosion wouldve harmed nobody.......

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58  Edited By Timandm

Hmmm... The whole jumping on the grenade scene...

Would it seem less heroic if I were there and instead of jumping on the grenade I actually threw someone ELSE on it???

Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @buttersdaman000 said:

Why did he jump on the bomb?  Everybody was already scattered away enough, the explosion wouldve harmed nobody.......

um they was runing as he jumped but the answer to your question is.. well to the wiki! 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenade 

• Small effective kill radius, roughly 5 meters
  • Large effective casualty radius, roughly 15 meters
  • Delay element that permits a safe detonation distance
  • Most grenades have a hard shell which allows them to ricochet off hard surfaces, like walls, before detonating
  •  
    so ya odds are they woulda got hurt. if not killed an the doc  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Tucci an http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Lee_Jones were close enuff if real to be hurt an or killed.

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Osiris1428

I don't get how X-Men: First Class can have Nazi's but Captain America can not?? That's just going to take you completely out of the movie. And I swear if one more person says that Green Lantern wasn't anything but awful, I swear.....!

OneHappyIgloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By OneHappyIgloo
    @cattlebattle: If they explain in the movie that Cap can't freeze to death (because of the serum) and that he could only be frozen in ice maybe the public will understand...
    Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#62  Edited By turoksonofstone
    Original Shield Sweeet. 
    Original Shield Sweeet. 
    ScarlettLynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By ScarlettLynn
    @omertalvendetta: I don't think it's that complicated a concept. "Frozen in ice". I'm pretty sure the general population can wrap their heads around that very familiar sci-fi plot point.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#64  Edited By PowerHerc

Okay.

The Sadhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By The Sadhu

I am looking forward to seeing Captain America... might actually go watch it in the cinema!
    ahumancartoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ahumancartoon

I know they probably wont show it but I wonder how Red Skull will survive into the present day. Ya'll know this ain't the only movie he'll be in.

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

Okay so to sum up J Johnson SEEMS to have done a good job puttin this together &barring any turkey shoots he seems to have captured the ESSENCE of what Cap is "supposed" to be all about 

The only thing I dint initially agree with was the cgi height portrayal issue..  Of early Rogers in the movie as opposed to the comics where he was frail n sickly but quite a lanky 6"2   
    however SEEING how its been done actually works &creates the right EMPHASIS to the audience of the sheer level of POWER the serum/vita-ray theit can be easily explained the serum didnt MAKE him taller but actually jus accelerated him to his CORRECT potential height that malnutrition &other depression era ailments heldhim back from reachin 

As for the Hydra/Nazi issue.. Its really a NON issue, Hydra ARE Nazis.. (it even shows the banner of the 3rd reich in the 5th pic -_-)but basically the Nazi's Deep Science division.. or The Axis equivalent to project rebirth/weapons plus etc &the only way Cap should be puncjing Hitler is if it MAKES SENSE to or enhances the plot in someway.. &Im struggling to see how it could but anyway... 

Finally G-Mans last point about the Frozen Ending.. Soz G but I think U may have COMPLETELY misinterpreted the scene.. That could instead have been what looked to be a prototype missilepropeller plane? &seemed to be chasing down Skull/Hydras advanced WingBomber which was no doubt on its way to Washington

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By slimj87d

I hope Bucky is inside of the drone plane because he's not located anywhere on the drone plane at all... 

He needs to become Winter Soldier!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.